gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Poll: How often do you use a "select font" feature?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
How often do you use a "select font" feature?

Old 2006-03-11, 17:57
Ex-boss

Default Is font customisation important?

The proportional text routines I'm working on have a hard-to-fix bug - the current screen of text is messed up when the player changes fonts mid-game. I'm just wondering whether this is likely to be an issue for the average player, or whether it's such a non-issue that it's barely worth documenting. :)
Old 2006-03-11, 19:08
Obsessive

Location: Creatin' F****in Bastard DaiVoyager Drill, Shovel, Mixer and Crane!
Send a message via MSN to cyborg_alberto Send a message via Yahoo to cyborg_alberto

Once I can read the text, the font isn't 100% important for me.
HOWEVER, If I could change the font if the default one isn't good for me, it could be very useful.

Well, once the 99.9% of games I have I can't change the font, for me, once I can understand the text is all right for me.

My opinion, of course.

See ya! =]
Old 2006-03-11, 19:39
Obsessive

For me it would be completely a non-issue. I never bother to change the font once I've found one that I like.
Old 2006-03-11, 19:52
Visitor

I'm assuming this is for the Real Live version right? I've got the AVG 32 one right now, but when/if I get that one, it doesn't seem like it would be that big of an issue. As long as I can read it, I'm happy. Thanks for all the work.
Old 2006-03-11, 21:51
Local

Agreed. I am also one that is happy to be able to read it, so I'm not too picky unless the font is really distracting.
Old 2006-03-11, 21:54

Send a message via AIM to Sir Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus
I'm assuming this is for the Real Live version right? I've got the AVG 32 one right now, but when/if I get that one, it doesn't seem like it would be that big of an issue. As long as I can read it, I'm happy. Thanks for all the work.
Same as the above, with emphasis on the thanks.
Old 2006-03-11, 22:09
adun50

yeah, font is usually not an issue for me, as long as it is readable all good by me.
Old 2006-03-11, 22:11
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus
Same as the above, with emphasis on the thanks.
Me too, and it'd take a pretty whacked out font for me to judge it 'not readable'
Old 2006-03-11, 22:37
Obsessive

I personally prefer large-size(allowing me to clearly count every single stroke for the kanji with many many strokes), standard looking font.
Old 2006-03-12, 02:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonmasterX
I personally prefer large-size(allowing me to clearly count every single stroke for the kanji with many many strokes), standard looking font.
He is clearly talking about the english version, and I doubt you will be analying the strokes of any kanji in that.
Old 2006-03-12, 02:53
Ex-boss

Well... there are a couple of places where people write things in Japanese, so there are, oh, maybe about 6 or 7 kanji left in the game... ;)

They're done as bitmaps, though, so font selection won't affect them in the slightest.
Old 2006-03-12, 09:00
Keisuke

Default font looks good as it is.
<