gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-01-10, 16:43
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
I'd imagine it would require a a good amount of work just to get it to occur a few times.
That exact effect would, yes, since I'd have to come up with a way of purging RealLive's glyph cache. But uneven text in general would be easy enough to arrange. Hmm...
Old 2006-01-10, 19:22
Addicted

Not that I wanted to put more work on you, I just saw the screwy text and thought it would look neat for really tired (or even angry) characters.
Old 2006-01-10, 22:15

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Or use it with a comic font for Little Busters >.>
Old 2006-01-14, 09:07
Ex-boss

Time for more eye candy. Look, it does French too!

There's actually quite a lot changed internally since the last screenshot. In particular, the proportional text library now supports the whole of the Windows 1252 character set, hence nice curly quotation marks and apostrophes are possible at last. Small caps are still done manually by changing the font size and adding a vertical offset, but their spacing is genuine.

Yes, I have considered adding proper bold and italic formatting. No, I haven't figured out a good way to implement it yet. :P

I'll also mention here, in case people haven't realised, that where Kanon is concerned, all this only applies to the Standard Edition. Owners of the old version will still have monospaced ASCII text. Sorry.
Old 2006-01-14, 10:12
Staff

While the Standard Edition may be able to do that, it's also going to take twice as long to be able to give them their proper translation. :(

When both are released, then I suppose I'll have an excuse to purchase the Standard Edition.
Old 2006-01-14, 11:57
Ex-boss

Nah, not twice as long by any means. Script editing applies instantly to both versions, and I don't spend that much of my time on the hacking side.

...besides, this particular set of hacks started out as a Chinese hack for someone else, so this particular side-project would be taking some of my time even if it wasn't being used directly for Kanon. ;)
Old 2006-01-14, 14:10
Addicted

Beautiful! I'm so happy I got the Standard Edition, the release of the patch is really going to look great on it! ^_^
Old 2006-03-09, 16:51
Ex-boss

So I was bored, and...

No particularly deep meaning behind the choice of Fuuko. I just like her. <3

Unfortunately...

Hmm, some work still to be done here methinks. ;_;

(A million owners of the original version materialise and tear Haeleth to shreds, ignoring his desperate protestations that he's working on the script too, honest, and he'll be recruiting proofreaders like real soon, and...)
Old 2006-03-09, 16:55
inuyasha9854

Don't worry, I won't be one of them. *Tries to find some sort of defense shield.*

Considering the standard editions are on my purchase list....in 2 months about.
Old 2006-03-09, 17:00
K

If you're serious about the proofreaders, I can try to help >_>;
Old 2006-03-09, 17:13
Ex-boss

Mostly I just need to get round to writing the application form. ^_^

(And finish editing a bit more of the script, in the hope that I'll have finished the lot before anyone catches up.)
Old 2006-03-09, 18:18
Visitor

Send a message via AIM to BobDaDuck Send a message via MSN to BobDaDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
Mostly I just need to get round to writing the application form. ^_^

(And finish editing a bit more of the script, in the hope that I'll have finished the lot before anyone catches up.)
LOL, good application, make a paragraph or a page with intentional errors and have them proofread it and see if they change it the way you like it ^-^
even making sure it's british text so having like an intentional error be color and make it colour ^-^

*shot for being a stupid ducky*