gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2005-08-21, 14:35
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.aufziehvogel
is it availiable via http?
It's been up on our servers for about four hours now. We generally try to put up releases within twelve hours of their intial release ^^.
:Misu-Net

Oh woops... I just noticed he was on Knoppix. Ah well, I've been meaning to upload the Hani Hani and Narcissu multiformats. Might as well get around to them now ^^;;.

Update:
Linux version of Narcissu is up if you want to direct download it.
Old 2005-08-21, 16:39

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now if only I could happen to find a way to get the music so I could listen to it while I drive tomorrow.
Most of that music would cause me to drive intentionally off a cliff or into the river... >_>

Anyway, good job on the translation, though I've only had time to play the voiced version. I even stayed up late playing it just to finish it <_<
Old 2005-08-21, 16:51
Irregular

OH MY GOD!

Of all 10 people who were on the QC team, you were the ONE person to play the voiced version first, then.
Old 2005-08-21, 16:56
Obsessive

オ━━━━(゜∇゜)━━━ツカレサマ━ッ!!

Nonvoiced version is also quite tasty as well. I imagined Satsuma means sweet potato at first.
Old 2005-08-21, 17:26
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now if only I could happen to find a way to get the music so I could listen to it while I drive tomorrow.
Most of that music would cause me to drive intentionally off a cliff or into the river... >_>
Seconded on that one.
Old 2005-08-21, 18:24
mr.aufziehvogel

hmm..so i am the second one who played the voiced version first. and i am not finished yet.

i go to bed now and will finish tomorow (voiced and then unvoiced)

i want to thank you people for translating such an emotional game.

this game here is at the same level like planetarian (which is my fav) for me..but things can change..i haven't played air and kanon yet (i can't read jap :(
Old 2005-08-21, 19:38
omgwtflolz

Haven't found the time to play this yet, and haven't even completed the original, but if you're wondering, I went for voice first.
Old 2005-08-21, 19:53
Irregular

I'd be interested to see the results of a poll that asked "did you play the voiced version or the unvoiced version first?"

Well, rather, I'd be interested in hearing everybody's reasons as to why they chose to experience one before the other. As, I suspect, would Tomo Kataoka.

(I should note that indeed I would like to gather these responses, translate them into Japanese, and send them off to Tomo Kataoka when the queue gets large enough. I would like your permission to do so.)
Old 2005-08-21, 20:07
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp32
I'd be interested to see the results of a poll that asked "did you play the voiced version or the unvoiced version first?"
Voiced, because it's there on my harddrive and it'd better make good use of it.
Old 2005-08-21, 20:34
Addicted

I chose the voiced option when I first played the Japanese version.

While I respect the arguments that having voice is destructive in a certain sense to the supplementary role of the user's imagination, I think that really applies more to a case where you've already played the game without voices and formed a pre-existing impression of how the characters should be. I can see how having voice in that situations might render implausible or even 'wrong' a lot of the thinking done by the player.

But in absence of prior experience with a game, my personal opinion is that playing the voiced version first is the superior choice.

Character voices convey a lot more than the dialogue and emotions behind them - they are telling of the person behind the character, making them a medium no less worthy than words and pictures. If words and pictures could be restrictive to the imagination, they are only so in the sense that they set the boundaries for the narrative and give definition to the concepts presented in the story. Surely the same is true of voice, in that its shaping of the character only serves to reveal to us a little more about the character to think about - perhaps in a way we wouldn't have come to without it - much like a well-written epilogue or well-conceived picture.

But before some other wag mentions it, yes, a far more compelling reason is: せつみタンの声(insert appropriate kaomoji)ハァハァ
Old 2005-08-21, 21:07
omgwtflolz

I personally feel that going for the voiced version first would severely limit your impression of the character to what's fed to you via the voice acting.

...but I always go for voiced versions first, anyway. Just a preference, I guess.

Quote:
But before some other wag mentions it, yes, a far more compelling reason is: せつみタンの声(insert appropriate kaomoji)ハァハァ
Old 2005-08-21, 21:21