gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-10-11, 17:37
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Starchanchan Send a message via MSN to Starchanchan
Default On girls in the fandom...

...this is just a random thread to satisfy my curiosity, but... am I the only girl on this forum? : D;; many of you seem to assume I'm male simply because not nearly as many girls are into eroge, but no, I am female. The entire time I've been here, I haven't come across a single person who I could assume was also a girl, so please, tell me: AM I ALONE? D:>
Old 2007-10-11, 18:07
Obsessive

I am a female also :3
Old 2007-10-11, 18:23
Chewy

You know, I've always wondered if there were any differences between how males and females view the characters in a VN. When you play, are you ever able to relate to the main character (whom are mostly male) by putting yourself in his shoes, or do you tend to look at everything from a 3rd person point of view ?
Old 2007-10-11, 18:42
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Starchanchan Send a message via MSN to Starchanchan

A little of both, but mostly 3rd person. I'm also gay, so I don't mind looking at it from a 1st person view, though it's obviously not a complete view as uh... I don't have the equipment. XD;;
Old 2007-10-11, 18:48
Obsessive

I'm bi but mostly play bishoujo games. I tend to have mostly a first person view except in those ...male specific scenes. XD
Old 2007-10-12, 01:32
Unregistered

Im a girl to and enjoy bishoujo games a lot (along side otome games)
I usually see it in 3rd person and...(don't laugh) I like to be some sort of coughmatchmakercough. Also for the story ofcourse. I love some romantic or action packed ones. (nitro+ games) XD

oh. and I'm straight X3
Old 2007-10-12, 07:01
Obsessive

My reation when reading this thread:
What? You are a girl?
What? You are a girl too?
What? Another one?
Anyway, I suppose those games that were well written are something anyone could enjoy XD
Old 2007-10-12, 10:09

luckyovermind will I also surprise you by telling that I'm a girl too? xD

As for the topic itself:
While I'm reading VNs I see the whole story as a 3rd person. Also I'm sometimes identifying with girls in terms 'what I would be happy about' (when choosing an option). Of course as a girl (and a straight person) I prefer those sweet, charming and well-written (that's the most important thing!) stories and I don't like VNs such as...lets see... Do you like horny bunnies >.>
Old 2007-10-12, 10:16
Unregistered

I find this thread incredibly interesting, but not really because of gender issues.

One of the major appeals of this type of game for me is the first person perspective allows me to become the protagonist. Seeing it from third person seems such... a shame, somehow.

I did not know there were people who played these games from that POV (unless the storytelling itself lends itself to that kind of reading).
Old 2007-10-12, 10:19
Local

Another girl here.

I'm not sure, but I guess I look at in a 3rd person kind of view as well. I can identify with some of the girls sometimes, but mostly I play them for the story in general.
Old 2007-10-12, 10:55
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

Actually, at this point, I wonder what Guys actually identify with the protagonist these days. The industry for most of the story-based games have more or less moved away from the whole eyeless/faceless/renamable character, and now they have back stories, sometimes pictures, and now and then, voices. There are more and more games with multiple protagonists, let alone.

The "sitting inside the skull of a giant robot" feeling seems more close to what the experience is...
Old 2007-10-12, 11:13
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kealdrea

I'm a girl, too. ^-^; I don't like the hentai aspect, but I love visual novels and bishoujo games. I've also gotten my sister into visual novels, though she's not as interested in them as I am.