gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2011-11-12, 03:29
Regular

Quote:
As for the game being "slightly legal", I'm pretty sure almost every fan translation is illegal.
I do know that. What I meant was that, if you want a port to be as much legal as possible, you should try to provide a tool that automatically or semi-automatically extracts and repack the resource from the original game to the new archives. So they shouldn't make users download for free all the resources of the game. But that's exactly what they plan to do.
Old 2011-11-12, 04:02
Strum

Wait, are you saying all the game's CGs, music, sprites, etc are unarchived and the raw bmp, wav, mid files etc, are staring you right in the face when you open the game's folder? That's not good, they should try and put all the resources into several archived files, one for music, one for CG, etc.
Old 2011-11-12, 08:25
Regular

Well, I did not download their patch (and I don't plan to do something like that, nor I care about this game) so I don't know if they packed the images and all, but I understood they simply extracted all the resources and they offered them to the users like if they were the right holders of all that stuff. This is not how a port should be.

Anyways, if you look to what swiftnissity quoted, it seems they included maybe only CGs and sprites (dunno if they included all the CGs and all the sprites: just guessing here)
Quote:
Shuffle!Essence+-Limited Edition- Partial NOW AVAILABLE!

Things that are not in the current version that are not issues:
No Voice
No SFX
No BGM
Limited Settings
Missing Options
Hilghtable Text
If you go to Load and you havn't saved yet and try and click "OK" at the bottem of the screen it will automaticly start a new game.
No Date in the top left hand corner
No Gallery
No Music Gallery
No Full Screen
Old 2011-11-12, 18:25
Obsessive

More info from VNDB: http://vndb.org/t2193

They seem to be obsessed with getting recognition and fairly...aggressive.
Old 2011-11-13, 01:43
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnissity View Post

lol this is funny...
Old 2011-11-13, 01:43
Strum

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnissity View Post

They are nothing more than attention seeking trolls, and you mentioning their name here is just what they wanted. I went to congratulate them on youtube, and you know what their reply was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDawnCreations
Re: Grats on your release...

you know what SHUT THE FUCK UP.... leave me alone ass hole....
Those people are just jerks, not just on VNDB, they are jerks no matter where you encounter them. I can forward the email notification I got from YouTube as proof if anyone doesn't believe me, just PM me your email address.
Old 2011-11-13, 05:44
Local

Send a message via MSN to VDZ

WARNING: The following code may be shocking. I am not responsible for any brain damage, loss of sanity, sudden depression, despair, loss of faith in humanity or suicidal urges that may be caused by viewing this code.

Code:
    if ("000000000000000-0613-4".equals(Interface.Location.getText())) {
      new AePlayWave("000000000000000-0613-4.wav").start(); Interface.Game_Background.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Backgrounds/bg050a.png")));
      Interface.charlocat1.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Charactors/sgmo000a.png")));
      Interface.charlocat2.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Charactors/clear.png")));
      Interface.charlocat3.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Charactors/clear.png")));
      Interface.charlocat4.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Charactors/sgit010a.png")));
      Interface.charlocat5.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Charactors/clear.png")));
      Interface.Background.moveToFront(Interface.charlocat4);
      if ("日本語".equals(Interface.Config_Language.getSelectedItem())) {
        Interface.Speaking_Name.setText("樹");
        Interface.Main_Text.setText("「75か、厳しいですね。俺様としては80くらいは/ いってもいいと思うんですけど」");
      }
      if ("English".equals(Interface.Config_Language.getSelectedItem())) {
        Interface.Speaking_Name.setText("Itsuki");
        Interface.Main_Text.setText("Only 75 points? I think she deserves at least 80.");
      }
      Interface.Location.setText("000000000000000-0613-5");
    }

if ("000000000000000-0613-3".equals(Interface.Location.getText())) {
      new AePlayWave("000000000000000-0613-3.wav").start(); Interface.Game_Background.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Backgrounds/bg050a.png")));
      Interface.charlocat1.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Charactors/sgmo000a.png")));
      Interface.charlocat2.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Charactors/clear.png")));
      Interface.charlocat3.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Charactors/clear.png")));
      Interface.charlocat4.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Charactors/sgit010a.png")));
      Interface.charlocat5.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Charactors/clear.png")));
        Interface.Speaking_Name.setText("稟");
        Interface.Main_Text.setText("「……」");
      }
        Interface.Speaking_Name.setText("Rin");
        Interface.Main_Text.setText("......");
      }
      Interface.Location.setText("000000000000000-0613-4");
    }

if ("000000000000000-0613-2".equals(Interface.Location.getText())) {
      new AePlayWave("000000000000000-0613-2.wav").start();
      Interface.Game_Background.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Backgrounds/bg050a.png")));
        Interface.Speaking_Name.setText("男");
        Interface.Main_Text.setText("「ほほう……うむ、中々だ。あれは75点はつけても/ いいだろう」");
      }
        Interface.Speaking_Name.setText("Man");
        Interface.Main_Text.setText("Hmmm... She's pretty nice. I'd give her 75 points out of 100.");
      }
      Interface.Location.setText("000000000000000-0613-3");
    }

if ("000000000000000-0613-1".equals(Interface.Location.getText())) {
      new AePlayWave("000000000000000-0613-1.wav").start();
      Interface.Game_Background.setIcon(new ImageIcon(dialogueclass.class.getResource("/imagesandaudio/Backgrounds/bg050a.png")));
        Interface.Speaking_Name.setText("樹");
        Interface.Main_Text.setText("「だったら、あの女性なんてどうです?」");
      }
        Interface.Speaking_Name.setText("Itsuki");
        Interface.Main_Text.setText("What do you think about that lady?");
      }
      Interface.Location.setText("000000000000000-0613-2");
    }
Old 2011-11-13, 16:39
Local

That code is so laughable and horribly inefficient from the looks of it.
Old 2011-11-13, 19:46
Obsessive

MG spoke out on Shuffle! Essence+
http://mangagamer.blackss.org/viewto...tart=20#p14583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouryuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelous
there is a patch in the works for it http://www.visual-novels.net/vn/
Quote:
Originally Posted by You
As one user from 4Chan would say "Those guys are legendary trolls..."
Although I think MangaGamer and Navel have nothing to worry about from this group, they might want to send out a C&D just to be sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurio
Anyway, as far as I can see... This project is a travesty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torugu
I'm expecting another Flyable Heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingame
I'm a Shuffle! fan and I really hope they drop Essence+.
This is something I've been wondering since I first saw their project page go up--Is this group really nothing more than people trolling? Is the translation quality as bad as everyone's saying it is? Are they serious about trying to complete the project?

If anyone here has actually spoken with them, I'd love to know how they feel towards the project and what quality of work they're actually putting out. Especially since we probably will have to start taking action soon one way or another if they're actually uploading material... but I'd hate to send a C&D to a group that is earnestly committed to seeing a project released and actually capable of producing good work.

Last edited by swiftnissity; 2011-11-13 at 20:13.