gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Poll: JtYhlPRRgGqVeAXeaq
Poll Options
JtYhlPRRgGqVeAXeaq

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 2011-07-02, 15:18
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I find it funny that he's still claiming it's a genuine tl, even though Cudder already admitted the entire thing's machine translated.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2011-07-02, 16:48
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I find it funny that he's still claiming it's a genuine tl, even though Cudder already admitted the entire thing's machine translated.
Please stop using FUD like "genuine tl", "machine translated", "troll", etc. That is just fear-mongering and adds nothing to the discussion.

I found this on /jp/ - comparison between this trial patch and FlyableTrans patch. The FlyableTrans translator made it so the highlights might be biased, but the lines themselves are verbatim.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8...9592404725.png
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7...9609290759.png
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2011-07-02, 18:56
Shii's Avatar
Shii Shii is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cloudy Water
Posts: 497
Send a message via ICQ to Shii
Default

"genuine"ってエリート主義の構築された言葉でござる。"accurate"って同じ。
イメージの右で間違いを見えると思えば、それもエリート主義の幻想でござる。
というわけで、日本語で書くこともエリート主義でござる。日本語を分からない方がいらっしゃいますから。

ゴーマンかましてよかですか?
言葉の意味を信じない奴は評価も信じない・・・つまり、ブサヨ

Last edited by Shii; 2011-07-02 at 19:12. Reason: I'm aware my Japanese is crap, but it's funnier than English
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 2011-07-02, 20:10
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Please stop using FUD like "genuine tl", "machine translated", "troll", etc. That is just fear-mongering and adds nothing to the discussion.
I'm not 'fear-mongering', I'm stating a fact. The patch is machine translated. It's obvious to anyone who attempts to play it, and was admitted as such by the retrans staff.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 2011-07-03, 00:28
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm not 'fear-mongering', I'm stating a fact. The patch is machine translated. It's obvious to anyone who attempts to play it, and was admitted as such by the retrans staff.
You're not stating a "fact", but your own interpretation of the translator's own message, and attempting to use it as an accusation. I don't know who you're referring to as "the retrans staff" or where you claim they "admitted as such", but the translator him(/her)self did not. In any case, you are bringing up something that is irrelevant to the true issue at hand, the accuracy of the translation. The comparisons are particularly illuminating in that respect, especially as the trial translator claimed "but at least it's not pure machine garbage.", another attempt at accusation which unfortunately does not hold under actual scrutiny and comparison.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 2011-07-03, 02:43
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii View Post
AHAHAHHA


Leftism has found itself another young and impressionable mind, who has latched on to the belief that there is no such thing as skill, and that people who produce good things are evil because they are successful...
I have no idea what you are talking about, who on earth believes "people who produce good things are evil because they are successful"?

People on the left don't want to punish success, they just believe that those with more to give should give more. Otherwise the debt is pushed onto the poor people who have a hard enough time getting by as it is.

It's not a punishment, a true patriot would be proud to give back to a country that allowed them to become rich and successful in the first place.

You sound like one of those crazy tea party guys, but that's okay because I suspect your just trolling.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2011-08-02, 22:19
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Slap me for my ignorance, but are you continuing the patch?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2011-08-30, 01:46
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Slap me for my ignorance, but are you continuing the patch?
I don't think I will any soon. I don't have the time and experience to translate full games, and I don't want to spoil the original game with any risk of mistranslation.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2011-08-30, 01:50
MuMu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think I will any soon. I don't have the time and experience to translate full games, and I don't want to spoil the original game with any risk of mistranslation.
that was me. ^^;
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2011-09-30, 13:40
flyablekokoro123 flyablekokoro123 is offline
Visitor
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuMu View Post
After months of procrastination, here's the translated data.pac of the trial of Flyable Heart! The game that got so much attention this year, but never a proper translation team, now's your chance to see what it's all about!

Here --> http://www.mediafire.com/?1gdd8fylrjg46fb


- MuMu
I can't open this file........i really wanna play this translation too...please help!! The trial works fine, it's just this frickin data.pac file.........
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2011-09-30, 22:36
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

http://flyabletrans.megabyet.net/
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2011-10-02, 17:26
HashiriyaR32's Avatar
HashiriyaR32 HashiriyaR32 is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 79
Default

This thread has simply been giving me contradicting info as to whether or not the translation is genuine or a waste of time. Can I get both sides to weigh in on this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2011-10-02, 23:53
Strum
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The trial is a real translation where as the full version is a troll project.

In short Trial Version=Translated by people Full Version=Machine translation
Reply With Quote