gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Production & Help

Production & Help For discussions regarding production aspects, especially localisation, of visual novels and related games.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-12, 20:51
Local

Hikari-chan, Hikari-chan!
Why r u so stupid?
Old 2010-11-13, 15:26
Obsessive

Loss, Loss! Why are you being an immature dick!?

Last edited by fujifruit; 2010-11-13 at 19:43.
Old 2010-11-13, 21:45
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSs View Post
Hikari-chan, Hikari-chan!
Why r u so stupid?
LoSs, LoSs!
Try removing the pole that is stuck sideways up your ass. It might improve your mood.
Old 2010-11-14, 00:42
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujifruit View Post
Loss, Loss! Why are you being an immature dick!?
fujifruit, fujifruit! Why r u so maaad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LoSs, LoSs!
Try removing the pole that is stuck sideways up your ass. It might improve your mood.
Anonymous, Annnnnonymous! Ur soooo funi XDDDD!
Old 2010-11-14, 18:22
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSs View Post
fujifruit, fujifruit! Why r u so maaad?

Anonymous, Annnnnonymous! Ur soooo funi XDDDD!
LoSs, LoSs! I sat in a car for 8 hours!
Old 2010-11-14, 20:39

Send a message via MSN to Hikari-chan Send a message via Skype™ to Hikari-chan

Hmmm.... Okay, I guess so, but the moment I get a C&D, I'll probably just go back to the rather detailed walkthrough. I still wonder if there were such problems when Kanon and Clannad were translated though.

@LoSs ....That was just uncalled for ;_; *sobs*
Old 2010-11-14, 23:55
Local

@Hikari-chan the truth was?
Old 2010-11-15, 16:58
Local

Send a message via MSN to VDZ

LoSs, stop your purposeless trolling.

Anyways, I'm not too thrilled about the idea of the Air translation being in the hands of a completely new, uninformed and probably incompetent translator. We need somebody who can actually get shit done to finally translate Air.

And yes, it's probably best to retranslate from scratch. I heard people tried undoing the damage done by machine translation, but even if they did manage to succeed at such an impossible task, it's gone through so many different translators that I have no hopes for the current translation quality anymore.

Hikari-chan; Translating a visual novel is a long and difficult project. There are many people like you who go all 'oh wow i liek can translate too i'll just translate it xD', start translating, then give up before even reaching the 15% mark. Are you very, very sure you have the skill, time and dedication required to fully translate a VN?
Old 2010-11-15, 22:06

Send a message via MSN to Hikari-chan Send a message via Skype™ to Hikari-chan

@LoSs The truth was that I'm being careful about what I do so that I don't have any problems in the future. Got a problem with that? It's called "being smart".

@VDZ And I'm not too thrilled about you making unfounded assumptions. Whoever said I was new to Japanese? If you must know, I have been learning Japanese for several years, most of my translating time I use translating songs I like and I have read through AIR in Japanese before so I know what I'm getting myself into. Moreover, I never said I was going into this alone and everyone has to start somewhere, so sorry for being born without translating a visual novel beforehand! If that's not enough for you, I have a talent for learning languages and apart from still studying Japanese even though I know enough to translate such things as we are mentioning, I am also learning Korean, Irish Gaelic and Anglo Saxon.

I thought I mentioned already I would be starting from scratch and that has more to do with individual translation styles as well as not wanting to use someone else's work.

My answer to that is in the first paragraph I have written on this post ^. Now, if you are done complaining about things you don't know about with no evidence to back your claims, you can drop the attitude and actually say "Oh, I think the idea of AIR being translated at last is good, so I won't complain to the person willing to take time out of THEIR OWN LIFE to do this for OTHER people to read since she certainly DOESN'T need to do it for HERSELF and then BITCH about everything else I feel like". I think most people would be happy to hear someone at least willing to put in the effort to do it. Learn some gratitude. So, do you want to really piss me off some more with the unfounded claims you seem to love, or shall I get on with it?! Perhaps I ought to dump the translation task onto you instead since you seem to be to picky about everything. Would you rather that? With all that talk, you must be completely capable enough to do it yourself, right? Heck, you seem so devoted to making sure this is translated well that I'm surprised you haven't done it yourself already!

Oh, and just to note, I normally don't talk like this to anyone no matter how well or little I know them. You can ask anyone of any forum I'm on and they wouldn't even know that I knew HOW to swear let alone get angry. Put simply, don't play with fire. You've exhausted all my tolerance in just one post.

Last edited by Hikari-chan; 2010-11-15 at 22:20.
Old 2010-11-15, 22:12
Local

If you're ready and willing, go for it. If you finish, I'll love you, if you don't, that's okay too.
Old 2010-11-15, 23:39
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

Just because it's quiet in this part of the forum doesn't mean I won't occasionally take the opportunity to nuke stupid posts and/or entire threads without warning.

A reminder to keep things civil in here people.