gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 2010-08-26, 21:38
anomaly anomaly is offline
Visitor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

And at the risk of being rude and disrespectful myself I have to say that the trolls in this thread have played some of you like a fiddle.
Guest posting :/
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 2010-08-26, 21:50
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Oi oi, From the looks at these its almost out of control here....
as if everybody is killing each other...
like the last topic: Has anyone been sued?

in my opinion as a project leader:
Every translators has there own reason why they translate...
"period"...even there amateur or professional....
we don't need to get any further than that....
because they like doing it...

Moderator Lock this thread before it get bloody.....D:
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 2010-08-26, 23:57
Stranger Stranger is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Strange Location
Posts: 539
Default

I didn't read this thread... but all I have to say is... I like the monkey (well, gorilla)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSs View Post
This thread:

__________________
yes, I am some random idiot, please feel free to ignore me
fight censorship in all its types
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 2010-08-27, 00:05
Asceai's Avatar
Asceai Asceai is offline
Posts way too much
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,413
Default

you should read it, it's a good thread

nearly 10 pages already!
__________________
www.erogenews.com
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 2010-08-27, 04:13
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Another name that has come up a couple times is Moogy. He is also rude and disrespectful. But he's also a clown. 100% of what he spews out is solely for his own amusement to try and get a rise out of you people. You really can't take him seriously.
By the same token, I think most of the criticism has been to get a rise out of him so he makes teary posts on his twitter like this:


"they" are out to get meeee!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 2010-08-27, 07:51
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
you should read it, it's a good thread

nearly 10 pages already!
D:

Whats good in this thread if everyone is backstabbing each other...
it was really a simple question: Why do you translate?
but it turns into a battlefield of off the topic!!!
this isn't suppose to be like this!!!!...

Moderator Lock this thread already!!!!...

There are to many casualties!!!
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 2010-08-27, 08:22
Moogy's Avatar
Moogy Moogy is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: #tlwiki@irc.rizon.net
Posts: 430
Send a message via AIM to Moogy
Default

lol @ bothering to screencap mildly annoyed twitter posts

great job dude, now you have all the dirt on me
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 2010-08-27, 08:25
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
D:

Whats good in this thread if everyone is backstabbing each other...
it was really a simple question: Why do you translate?
but it turns into a battlefield of off the topic!!!
this isn't suppose to be like this!!!!...

Moderator Lock this thread already!!!!...

There are to many casualties!!!
Yes, the moderators have no idea this thread exists or what's going on in it, and will listen to your wise words.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 2010-08-27, 08:25
LoSs's Avatar
LoSs LoSs is offline
Local
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are to many casualties!!!
More like so many customers.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 2010-08-27, 08:59
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
D:

Whats good in this thread if everyone is backstabbing each other...
it was really a simple question: Why do you translate?
but it turns into a battlefield of off the topic!!!
this isn't suppose to be like this!!!!...

Moderator Lock this thread already!!!!...

There are to many casualties!!!

If we had a bunch of people answering:

"I translate to spread the word of visual novels because I love visual novels and I want everyone to love visual novels. Let's just all hold hands!"

That would be boring. I think the OP was hoping for just that.

However, what we got was something far more fascinating and far more interesting. Debate, even when it sometimes deteriorates into some flame throwing is far more interesting than mindless ball-washing. We have learned the general attitudes of the public at large when it comes to translators and translations.

As far as "backstabbing" goes, I don't see that. I see healthy, spirited debate.

In fact, I have seen discussions in comments section of news stories on cnn.com that make this thread look downright civilized.

I would be very disappointed in the mods if they lock a thread down just because the discussion gets a little heated.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 2010-08-27, 09:13
Kenn Kenn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21
Default

All I can see is someone named "Unregistered" arguing furiously with itself.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 2010-08-27, 09:29
anomaly anomaly is offline
Visitor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6
Default

Answering "Why do you translate" is fine. It's even fine if you claim "It's a personal hobby". What's problematic is if you extend from that to insults towards other people, saying rude comments that go as far as to contradict why you're translating and sharing it. The third post in first page does this, and much of the debate stems from that.
Reply With Quote