gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Production & Help

Production & Help For discussions regarding production aspects, especially localisation, of visual novels and related games.

Old 2009-10-17, 08:06

Default ONScripter port to MotoLinux

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum
I found this nice game called Narcissu and decided to port it to my ROKR Z6 phone. Thanks to lubomyr, we managed to make the port of it's engine (ONScripter), but we encountered some bugs:
1) the text is small, it's unreadable, text is shown without spacebar (example: itwasanothersunny day) and sometimes unknown symbols appear
2) There is a problem when you play the game a bit it gets suspended and at the telnet log it says:
command [mp3fadeout] is not supported yet!!
command [mp3fadeout] is not supported yet!!
suspend
QT Show: 470 requestFocus: Lost, winId:1382
Lubomyr said he tried to switch -DMP3_MAD to DUSE_OGG_VORBIS -DINTEGER_OGG_VORBIS but then it needs smpeg so further work is needed in that direction
Anyways I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me with the text problem
Thanks in advance
Eugene

P.S.
Screenshots from my Z6:

Last edited by Pantamorph; 2009-11-03 at 06:04.
Old 2009-10-17, 10:19
Obsessive

The font size is controller from the game script, not from the engine. Look up setwindow in the command reference: http://onscripter.denpa.mobi/api/NScrAPI-framed.xml
The spaces disappearing might be related to the use of textgosub (see command reference). Not sure if that's the case here, but I seem to remember a similar problem from when I was working on Tsukihime Fool's Errand... Had to do with differences between NS, ONS and ONS-en.

And just so you know, outputs such as "[commandname] is not supported yet" can most often be ignored. It just means that the command exists in NScripter, but not ONScripter. (Although Mion's more recent versions support the mp3fadeout command.)
Old 2009-10-18, 07:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
The font size is controller from the game script, not from the engine. Look up setwindow in the command reference: http://onscripter.denpa.mobi/api/NScrAPI-framed.xml
The website doesn't load :(
Can you try to explain simpler, cuz I don't understand what you said :)
Old 2009-10-18, 08:32

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Try http://onscripter.denpa.mobi/api/NScrAPI.xml and see if it loads for you. The framed version doesn't load for me, either. What Message basically said was that you should try setting the font size in the game script itself (this is in either nscript.dat or 0.txt, nscript.dat being a xor-ciphered version of 0.txt). The NScrAPI site will have information on the setwindow command that you might want to use.
Old 2009-10-18, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
Try http://onscripter.denpa.mobi/api/NScrAPI.xml and see if it loads for you. The framed version doesn't load for me, either. What Message basically said was that you should try setting the font size in the game script itself (this is in either nscript.dat or 0.txt, nscript.dat being a xor-ciphered version of 0.txt). The NScrAPI site will have information on the setwindow command that you might want to use.
You mean this?
setwindow NUM,NUM,NUM,NUM,NUM,NUM,NUM,NUM,NUM,NUM,NUM,COLOR,NUM,NUM,NUM,NUM
NUM
X-coordinate of top left for text
NUM
Y-coordinate of top left for text
NUM
Number of (full-width) text columns
NUM
Number of text lines
NUM
(Full-width) text font size X
NUM
Text font size Y
NUM
Text spacing X
NUM
Text spacing Y
NUM
Default text speed
NUM
Boldface toggle (0=off/1=on)
NUM
Drop shadow toggle (0=off/1=on)
COLOR
Window color
NUM
Window top left X-coordinate
NUM
Window top left Y-coordinate
NUM
Window bottom right X-coordinate
NUM
Window bottom right Y-coordinate
Old 2009-10-18, 10:04

How do I open nscript.dat?
Old 2009-10-18, 10:25
Roto

Code:
svn export svn://svn.denpa.mobi/onscripter/trunk/nscriptdecode.cpp
g++ nscriptdecode.cpp -o nscriptdecode
./nscriptdecode < nscript.dat > 0.txt
ONScripter can use the resulting 0.txt file just like it can use nscript.dat, so there's not really a reason to convert it back. But if you want to, the same tool works:

Code:
./nscriptdecode < 0.txt > nscript.dat
Old 2009-10-19, 04:28

Sorry for being dumb, I didn't know such an app as OnScripter existed (until now)
But if I compile a newer version of onscripter, will it run Narcissu (Do onscripter sources laid in insani have any game data files in them?)
Old 2009-10-19, 09:04
Roto

ONScripter is just an interpreter. The game script is contained in 0.txt (or nscript.dat) and the images, music, etc. are in the arc.nsa file (or sometimes just present as regular files in the game directory.)

Most games using this system are developed for NScripter, which is the original, but is Windows only and closed-source. ONScripter is an open-source GPL clone of NScripter that has been ported to Linux and Mac OS X in addition to Windows. Furthermore, ONScripter-EN is a fork of ONScripter that adds extensive support for English.

You'll want to get the latest ONScripter-en sources from http://onscripter.denpa.mobi/. Neither Insani nor Haeleth are maintaining ONScripter-en anymore, so the information on their pages are out of date. And yes, current versions of ONScripter-en should run Narcissu just fine.
Old 2009-10-26, 05:26

Sorry for the late reply, do I have to change setwindow lines
19,149,310,895,1173,1453,2733,4534,5964,7072,8525,9646,10899,11640,11675,11984,12294,13777,15883,17649,19012,20795,23840:
These are the text controling lines, am I right?
Here's Line 19:
menusetwindow 15,18,2,2,0,1,#808080
Others only have setwindow commands
Old 2009-10-27, 08:26

It may seem weird, but we can't compile uncle mion's onscripter
We managed to compile Ogapee's version, but we can't configure mion's builds
Here's the log for the compilation of mion's onscripter, using Ogapee's Makefile (We didn't change his Zaurus Linux makefile much):
lubomyr@andLinux:/home/z6/onscripter-en-20091010$ make
arm-linux-gnueabi-g++ -c `sdl-config --cflags` -DLINUX -DPDA -DQWS -DMP3_MAD -DUSE_OGG_VORBIS -DINTEGER_OGG_VORBIS onscripter.cpp
arm-linux-gnueabi-g++ -c `sdl-config --cflags` -DLINUX -DPDA -DQWS -DMP3_MAD -DUSE_OGG_VORBIS -DINTEGER_OGG_VORBIS DirectReader.cpp
arm-linux-gnueabi-g++ -c `sdl-config --cflags` -DLINUX -DPDA -DQWS -DMP3_MAD -DUSE_OGG_VORBIS -DINTEGER_OGG_VORBIS SarReader.cpp
arm-linux-gnueabi-g++ -c `sdl-config --cflags` -DLINUX -DPDA -DQWS -DMP3_MAD -DUSE_OGG_VORBIS -DINTEGER_OGG_VORBIS NsaReader.cpp
arm-linux-gnueabi-g++ -c `sdl-config --cflags` -DLINUX -DPDA -DQWS -DMP3_MAD -DUSE_OGG_VORBIS -DINTEGER_OGG_VORBIS ScriptHandler.cpp
ScriptHandler.cpp: In member function `int ScriptHandler::readScript(DirPaths*)':
ScriptHandler.cpp:12