gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-04-14, 09:28

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

For those of you who are curious...
Quote:
Originally Posted by #gamepatch topic
For the last damn time: <&ero-jiji> shuffle aint happening till i get my replacement visa and get home
Old 2009-04-17, 07:46
Unregistered

Marvelous ^^b
Old 2009-04-26, 19:36
Visitor

Thumbs down

Just F**king lovely. I've grown sick of waiting for this damn patch, so I really don't care anymore. At least someone is making some head way with School Days. I'll at least have fun w/ that when it's finished. Props to those who still actually care about this patch and are waiting . . . that is, if there are any left.
Old 2009-04-26, 19:56
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterangel1046zr View Post
Just F**king lovely. I've grown sick of waiting for this damn patch, so I really don't care anymore.
That's a good attitude in waiting for releases. Seriously. Just stop waiting for it.
Old 2009-06-10, 14:44
Unregistered

how many years has it been? at least i was already planing on learning Japanese. That seems like the only option in you wanna play Shuffle! (kinda drastic just for that though) :(
Old 2009-06-10, 19:27
Unregistered

To be honest, I don't think anyone really cares about this patch anymore as newer and better games have come out.
Old 2009-06-10, 21:24
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To be honest, I don't think anyone really cares about this patch anymore as newer and better games have come out.
For the record, I care about Shuffle and its translation more than 90% of other in-progress translations.

I also believe a patch is only worth anything when its DONE. Works in progress mean very little. XP

So if we get a patch, yay. I'll go buy shuffle. If not I have other things to do and everything stays how it is right now.
Old 2009-06-11, 07:26
Unregistered

Back in 2007, I was really exciting for this nearly-done patch, and I just began taking japanese class too. Wow how time flies, still cant use the language very well, but I pretty much can play the japanese game now, yay me.
Old 2009-07-04, 02:53
Local

mangagamer is going to work on it....
Old 2009-07-04, 04:17

Original version thou... but with SHUFFLE Essence+ coming out... same deal with DC... why buy DC when you can get DCPC?

And can Mangagamer really release any games with an anime show that is already licensed in the US? I thought US companies also request merchandising rights and stuff...
Old 2009-07-04, 09:43
Unregistered

Mangagamer is based in Europe and not bound to the US at all, secondly, wasn't the anime already buying an license of the eroge companies in the first place toe even produce an anime and so on?
Old 2009-07-04, 17:30
Unregistered

Mangagamer is supposedly going to release it this summer.. lol
Old 2009-07-04, 20:50
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettiePage View Post
Original version thou... but with SHUFFLE Essence+ coming out... same deal with DC... why buy DC when you can get DCPC?
There's no guarantee that they'll ever release Essence+. This MangaGamer thing is still an experiment, so it isn't like there's a long-term plan in place.

Quote:
And can Mangagamer really release any games with an anime show that is already licensed in the US? I thought US companies also request merchandising rights and stuff...
I haven't heard of this before. Nevertheless, I could see it happening if a game were adapted from anime, and the American distributor happened to be on the production committee.

With games that have been ported to consumer platforms or adapted to anime/manga, any licensor must obtain the permission of each Japanese company involved. This doesn't mean that licensing is impossible. However, the red tape associated with negotiations (a delay from any single company would hold everything back, and not every company might be eager to speak with the potential licensor) makes the project unattractive to publishers like JAST USA, Hirameki, etc.

With MangaGamer, there shouldn't be a problem since the company is backed and partly managed by the eroge publishers themselves. They'd have very tight connections with the anime or console game companies.