gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-10-27, 16:51
Unregistered

This is awesome timing seeing as I just finished episode 1 yestermorning.
Old 2008-12-28, 02:23

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko Send a message via MSN to Katsu Koneko

Umineko! <3

My first Visual Novel! >w<

Yep, my newly found interest to Visual Novels has spurred from playing Umineko! xD

Let's see...

Episode 1 - Made me laugh, cry, and gave me chills.
Episode 2 - Made me laugh, feel awed at the mysteries, and...cringe from the end. >w<
Episode 3 -...waiting for the full patch to come out to experience the wonderful-ness.

Whoa, Episode 4 will be the last Question Arc, that's awesome! Then we can get some answers~
Old 2008-12-28, 02:34
Local

Finally a final answer arc. Can't wait.

Also, isn't the title spelled wrong? Isn't it Umineko no Naku Koro Ni?
Old 2008-12-28, 02:43

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko Send a message via MSN to Katsu Koneko

You mean question arc. xD

Oh yeah it is spelled wrong. >w< -pokes it-

Episode 2 (favorite parts) -Xnaba if Orngevpr naq Funaba if Orngevpr; svtugvat n shgvyr onggyr gb gel naq cebgrpg gur barf gurl ybir.

Onggyre trggvat qehax.

Ebfn gelvat gb cebgrpg Znevn rira nsgre fur oebxr ure naxyr, jung Znevn fnvq jnf fb gbhpuvat
(use rot13.com)
Old 2009-01-26, 18:42
Regular

Sorry to drag this thread up again for something like this, but I'm having a slight problem with the patch for Episode 4 that I'm wondering if someone knows how to fix.

After installing the game and unzipping the patch folder into the directory, the game runs like it should, but there's something wrong with the sound - both the BGM and the sound effects skip, snag, and have "noise" interspersed. From a sound perspective this makes the game pretty much unplayable.

I'm running the game under Vista on a Toshiba laptop in Japanese locale; I also tried using Applocale and changing the compatibility settings of the onscripter-en to no avail. The Episode 1 web demo and patch worked fine sound-wise for me, as does the unpatched game in Japanese when I run it from the main folder.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I'm stuck and hoping that I'm doing some really obvious thing wrong that there's a way around...
Old 2009-01-26, 19:00
Local

i did have this problem when i installed my copy of epi4 and played it with the english pacth, but my OS is XP and for me the solution was to change my locale to japanese because the game even in applocale skipped all the files that contained japanese letters, so you should just copy all the bmg, sound effects and all to your installed path of umineko4 and try again to see if the problem is solved.
Old 2009-01-26, 19:40
Regular

First off, thanks for the response!

I am a little confused, though - when you say "installed path of umineko4", what do you mean? The files in the Umineko4\BGM folder are copied properly onto my computer, and the patch is in \Umineko4\[WH] Umineko English as per the instructions. It just confuses me because the Japanese version of the game works fine... what exactly should I try differently? Is there a different directory I should try moving the sound files to?

I am running in Japanese locale as well btw.

Last edited by yuki_tsumotteru; 2009-01-26 at 19:44.
Old 2009-01-26, 20:38
Unregistered

Hello yuki.

The project page lists "severe sound glitch" as a known issue on the project page.

Quote:
mportant note for Vista users: It has come to our attention that the sound fix for Onscripter deals a severe sound lag glitch for those who use Windows Vista. Therefore, we are asking you to use the previous version Onscripter we used for the partial patch. However, if you already delete it, please download this onscripter with this link. Our apologies for this inconvenience, we will try to fix this issue as soon as possible.
I saw the note before installing the patch, and made a backup of my version of Onscripter (from ep.3) and pasted it over the onscripter.exe in Ep4 after the patch. I did not run into the sound glitch problem.

The link in the mentioned note is

http://www.mediafire.com/?stqjn9vwnmz

Perhaps you should dl that and overwrite your existing onscripter.exe and see if it solves your problem. If you have already done / tried that, then I have no idea.
Old 2009-01-26, 22:47
Regular

I just got a very nice e-mail from Witch Hunt, who I contacted about this, saying that this seems to be a Vista-specific problem and nicely offering me some fix files. Everything now seems to be in working order!

Now, on to Episode 2~

and ETA: to the above, thanks for your advice... I didn't know this was mentioned on the project page. I looked carefully there for a solution to the problem, but it seems not carefully enough. Thanks for mentioning it.
Old 2009-01-27, 09:29
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Hmm, a decent Umineko topic.

How many people here have played through all of the currently released, or at least translated, episodes? I'd like to hear thoughts on how you think the series is progressing.

Personally, I think it just gets better and better as it goes on, but I can see the degree to which Umineko is over-the-top being a turn-off for some people.

So in other words, do people prefer more mundane mystery ala Higurashi or gur penml fhcreangheny fuvg (jvgpurf onggyvat rnpu bgure jvgu tvtnagvp gbjref gung evfr sebz gur tebhaq, sbe vafgnapr) gung Hzvarxb vf fb sbaq bs?
Old 2009-01-27, 12:12
Local

Well i have finished the first 2 chapters, and i recently installed Ep4, and yes, with every episode for me the game gets better and i think that i ke this series more than Higurahi, tought i just have watched the anime and not played the games...