gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-12-14, 17:40
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Starchanchan Send a message via MSN to Starchanchan
Default [Release] Ballad of an Evening Butterfly

Project page: http://www.grey-space.net/starchanch...butterfly.html

A project that's been in the works for a very long time. It is, without a doubt, one of the coolest VNs I have EVER read, and I'm very excited that we're finally able to release it.

And yes, it IS by the creators of "40 Days and 40 Nights of Rain," "The noose," and "Impure Insect." Biased, what? >>;;

Enjoy \o/
Old 2007-12-14, 17:58
Posts way too much

oh hell yes. Very nice work. I'll play this immediately.

EDIT:

As per norm for Zig-Zag, the writing is beautiful. The music is very nice, which is a nice touch--Zig-Zag's earlier titles were a bit lacking in that department, I felt. The story is also very touching. I'll write more when I've played more.

Last edited by Asceai; 2007-12-14 at 18:37.
Old 2007-12-15, 01:36
Local

This looks really sweet, thanks a lot!
If there are any donwload problems just tell me~
Old 2007-12-15, 11:23
Unregistered

Thank you very much for the release! I've been looking forward to it. Just one question, for some reason, when I play the game, the game keeps freezing on me (i.e. not responding) and I have no idea why. I'm using Windows Vista. I don't know if something's wrong with my computer or not.
Old 2007-12-15, 12:16
Local

Do you use 32 or 64 bit version of Vista?
Have 32bit on my notebook, will test later if it works on it. Please note though that A LOT of visual novels/ eroges and doujinshi don't work on Vista. Only the new visual novels work on it (and often only on 32bit version). Sometimes there are vista versions of older games released though.

To put it short: I'd recommend you using virtualisation to install XP or just install it as secondary OS, otherwise you'll experience a lot of troubles in the future when you wanna play visual novels.
Old 2007-12-15, 19:34
Unregistered

I have the exact same problem when playing this game and a few similar ones. I still haven't figured out how to fix it other than to skip past the particular part that freezes the game using the control button. I'm also using Vista, by the way. On a topic-related note, I'm part of the way through the game and am thoroughly enjoying myself despite the constant freezes. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the plot to be quite so interesting.
Old 2007-12-15, 19:49
Unregistered

Hi, I'm the one who've asked about the problem with Windows Vista. I'm not a computer whiz, so it's quite out of my league. I'm now using my old computer to play the game (it's Windows 98), and it's working quite well so far. Anyway, thank you very much for the suggestion.
Old 2007-12-15, 23:00
hybir

I also experienced the constant freezing during scene changes, but setting the compatibility settings to Windows 98/ME solved it.
Now I can enjoy the great writing without interruptions.
Old 2007-12-16, 23:33
Regular

Thanks for the game!
Old 2007-12-17, 00:36

Awesome ^.^
I absolutely enjoyed 40 Days and 40 Nights of Rain for it's story and artwork but this one looks even better X3
Playing this one asap.
Old 2007-12-18, 16:04
Regular

Hey there, congratulations on the release, and thanks!
Site seems to be down right now, though.
Old 2007-12-19, 04:34

hmmm. I seem to have a problem. In the beginning it seems the game freezes at certain times. I press enter pretty fast because I'm a fast reader but then it just freezes on me, which forces me to close the window and restart the game again :x

I'm using Vista X3
Old 2007-12-19, 06:57
Local