gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-10-12, 14:41
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
One of the major appeals of this type of game for me is the first person perspective allows me to become the protagonist. Seeing it from third person seems such... a shame, somehow.
Yea, even I tend to play it from a third person usually. It's just really hard to actually relate to some of the protagonists nowadays since if they're well fleshed out, its usually very different from me, or if they're not very well fleshed out, its hard to see them as having a strong enough personality to be relatable to. So by the end of the game I usually end up wanting to try and steal the girl away from the protagonist. ^-^;;

And yea, I don't think I have a little sister complex or anything like that, but I do have a tendency to end up with the little sister/childhood friend character for some reason.
Old 2007-10-13, 01:03
kouryuu

Read this the other day, So I thought I'd ask, How many of you girls (guys too) can relate to the following? (Najimi is the one with the ribbon, Tsuyuri wears the cap, and the guy is Justice.)

Image #1
Image #2
Image #3

If you need a translation of the comic, let me know and I'll post a quick one.
Old 2007-10-13, 01:21

Quick translation please (for me) xD
Old 2007-10-13, 06:18
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilis View Post
Actually, at this point, I wonder what Guys actually identify with the protagonist these days.
I consider this genre of games to be the same as every book I've ever read that was written from a first-person perspective; that is, the reader and protagonist are entirely seperate characters, and ne'er the twain shall meet. If taken with that attitude, I don't see why girls couldn't appreciate VN games just as well. Granted, the visuals and plot lines are often written for an entirely male audience, but as was noted the majority of recent releases feature a protagonist whose personality is defined well enough that there shouldn't be an issue with the player attempting to assume that role.

That said, I'd certainly like to see more VNs targeted towards girls beyond the usual boys' love tripe. However small the female readership of the genre may or may not be, the available product is mightily skewed towards a male-only audience.
Old 2007-10-13, 09:51
dorkatlarge

GreatSaintLouis said, "That said, I'd certainly like to see more VNs targeted towards girls beyond the usual boys' love tripe. However small the female readership of the genre may or may not be..."

Indeed. Even though I'm male, I'd like to see more otome games in English. Why, you ask? Two reasons. 1) Because since the day I discovered shoujo anime and manga, I've been interested in it. I'm sure that some of its genre conventions could work in a visual novel or a simulation. 2) Because I'm fascinated by things which aren't directed at me. I'm curious about what other people find cute or attractive.
Old 2007-10-13, 11:37
Local

Quote:
I don't see why girls couldn't appreciate VN games just as well. Granted, the visuals and plot lines are often written for an entirely male audience
It'd be great if more non-otaku males (let alone females) could appreciate this style of game. That's what's preventing the genre from diversifying and going mainstream.

As for female otaku, they're far fewer in number than their male counterparts, hence the relatively low demand for visual novels.
Old 2007-10-13, 13:07
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Starchanchan Send a message via MSN to Starchanchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
As for female otaku, they're far fewer in number than their male counterparts, hence the relatively low demand for visual novels.
There are VNs oriented towards girls... namely, yaoi/BL games. Though I will admit, there are far more hentai games out there than there are yaoi... but in any case, the protagonist in those is obviously male. It's pretty rare to get a female protagonist, much less one that's trying to end up with one of several guys. The few female-protagonist games I can think of off the top of my head are all yuri.
Old 2007-10-13, 13:41
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchanchan View Post
It's pretty rare to get a female protagonist, much less one that's trying to end up with one of several guys. The few female-protagonist games I can think of off the top of my head are all yuri.
After all these years, I can still only think of Moon. Moon. still doesn't precisely fit that mold, though, even though the protagonist is female and it's (mostly) a GxB game...

Last edited by Asceai; 2007-10-13 at 15:07.
Old 2007-10-13, 18:41
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
Quick translation please (for me) xD
Image #1: "It's pretty cold today." "yea, it is."
"Is that the game you borrowed from Justice?" "Yea, It's more interesting that I thought." (Game: I never could say this...)
(Game: I love you! Kotomi!)
(Game: Ah! Iya! I'll be gentle, okay.)
(Game: Ah, ah!)

Image #2: (Game: Ahh, like, like that, inside...)
"Idiot! Wait a second! If you're able to do that,
"Do you know how much it costs to raise an adult?! (Game: Aaaaaaa-! *splurt*)
"Ah...ah...what have you... Idiot!" "Looks like she's having fun."

"Grr..." "What's wrong?" "I can't clear this character."
"Ah, I see. she's pretty cute. " (Game: Thank you so much. Well then, here...)
"This is the type of character I start wanting to violate." "huh?"
"um, In my manga, you know. " "uhh.. yea... right, I understand."

Image #3: "So anyway, I can't clear this character, so how do you do it?" "eh? ah, You can't go after that character." "huh?!"
"L-Lies! Even with that suggestive an attitude?! no way..." "I know how you feel. When I first found out that I couldn't clear her path, I..."
"..." "..."
"NAJIMI!" "JUSTICE!"

Last edited by kouryuu; 2007-10-13 at 18:46.
Old 2007-10-14, 02:31
Obsessive

LOL

Oh man, That Gogi Power Hiroyuki is hilarious stuff.
Kunisaki Yukito is a flooging pervert. He makes a mother finger her daughter to get off his sick kicks, have two sisters paizuri his cock while slobbering all over it, and he raped another in the rain. From Behind. I bet he assreamed the ghostly loli too.
Old 2007-10-14, 03:35
Regular

Ah... Doujin Work. The anime version was pretty funny. I get the feeling I'll check out the manga version once it's completely released and scanslated.

I could overgeneralize myself using an anime/game stereotype - namely, the slightly sarcastic, critical, slender, glasses-clad intellectual guy. Apparently I'm good-looking, but I don't think I'm particularly handsome, especially not in comparison to my brothers (I'm 24; they're 23, 21, and 20). I am usually calm and collected and have excellent control over my temper, though I can occasionally trick people into thinking I'm ticked off or annoyed when I'm not. I took a test over the summer regarding gender identity, and it appears I have a highly feminine personality despite being completely hetero (I don't typically exhibit strictly-masculine traits). Incidentally, I have friends and acquaintances of pretty much every orientation. I am normally quiet and reserved, but I can rant or ramble as well as any housewife when I feel so inclined. I am quite honest (sometimes painfully so), but I never hurl criticisms with malicious intent. I am often told that I am a nice guy (without any form of prompting) and that I would make a great boyfriend. Curiously, I am and have always been single.

Whenever I'm playing a visual novel, I never see things from a first-person per