gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-10-05, 20:49
Narumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovac View Post
I highly doubt eclipse/ss will use the 4:3 raws...
Oh really >_>
Old 2007-10-05, 21:36
Obsessive

I don't think it will be like KANON, since CLANNAD is much more similar to AIR in terms of linearity.
Old 2007-10-06, 05:35
18-san

finally it's out. Just watched Ep.1
If it's gonna be another Kanon (or Air) that would be okay, since I love those series. I think it looks nice so far. And they played Shoujo no Gensou once. <3
What's with the ED btw? It's fun but does it have anything to do with clannad? It's very different from Kanon/Air at least. Maybe i'll learn more about it when time comes.
Old 2007-10-06, 08:34
Addicted

The ED song is 'Nagisa' from the game itself. I do enjoy dango, but at the same time the lyrics are way in the heck out of left field. I've yet to finish the game; can anyone else shed any light on whether or not the lyrics have some correlation?

It'll be a shame if it comes to be known as "The Dango Song."
Old 2007-10-06, 14:05
Regular

Cool Wind, Clannad, & Da Capo II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace View Post
it means Kunio is translating and Eclipse does all the other stuff. Kunio is a native Japanese otaku but sometimes has problems wording things since I don't think he is a fully-native English speaker.
Ugh. Kunio did an absolutely horrid job with Wind TV/OVA. (like "I'll be hot") I'll just leave it at that since I spent a lot of time debunking SS' efforts in #nnl three years ago. Patience is a virtue.
Hehehe. I remember that. No Name Losers was the only group that did a good job with the Wind anime adaptions. I found glaring problems in both the Static Subs and Shinsen Subs releases. The only reason I'm not sour about NNL bowing out of the project was because the anime versions sucked.

Back to Clannad: I haven't laughed that hard in an anime premiere in quite some time. Which was a bit of a problem since it was 3 am at the time. I love the way Tomoya's a complete jerk to his "friend" ("Lucky! I'll be sure to stab you well!"). Reminds me of Tomokazu Sugita's rendition of Yuuichi. For some reason, I'm liking fellow cynics more and more.

The anime TV series and the movie seem feel very different from each other. I wonder how loosely the movie is based on the game... No spoilers, please. Some overanalytical pricks at blog I frequent ruined the nice feeling I had from the end of Da Capo II's premiere yesterday. Tch.
Old 2007-10-06, 16:18
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis View Post
The ED song is 'Nagisa' from the game itself. I do enjoy dango, but at the same time the lyrics are way in the heck out of left field. I've yet to finish the game; can anyone else shed any light on whether or not the lyrics have some correlation?

It'll be a shame if it comes to be known as "The Dango Song."
Rot13 for vague spoilerage on game, don't read if you like to be completely unspoiled:

Vg'f shaal gung lbh jbhyq zragvba vg gung jnl, orpnhfr vg VF "gur Qnatb fbat." Gur fbat naq vgf ylevpf ner bar bs gur XRLF (fbeel =c) gb gur ragver cybg. Vg vf abg whfg vzcbegnag gurzngvpnyyl, ohg nyfb nf n n vzcbegnag cybg cbvag juvpu vf abg erirnyrq hagvy gur irel, irel ynfg zbzragf va gur fgbel'f sybj.

Nabgure vzcbegnag xrljbeq gb gur fgbel vf "Uvgbqr."
Old 2007-10-06, 19:32
Addicted

Ah, thanks for the info. The hints were delightfully vague enough to pique my interest without ruining anything. I've got the first printing of the game with the Mabinogi arrange disc and liked the Nagisa remix enough that I had to hunt down the MIDI for a cellphone ring tone back in the 'States, but other than that I'm completely clueless to the song. I suppose I'll find out in the future!
Old 2007-10-07, 00:58
kouryuu

oh, The Dango Song, that was pretty interesting. This has definately rekindled my interest in the series I will say. maybe I'll go hunt down the game somewhere.
Old 2007-10-07, 02:20
Addicted

Keep your eyes out for that first printing that I pointed out to you. The included visual fanbook is quite nice, but the Mabinogi CD is really worth paying a few extra hundred yen for (as the margin between the first printing and the normal edition is quite small). Let me know if you need a picture of the first edition cover to know what to look for.
Old 2007-10-07, 03:46
Obsessive

I found the first episode hilarious, touching, brimming with awesome, filled with homosexual innuendo (though that's most probably from my Point Of View after being exposed to the YAOI END), and needs moar Tomoyo.

Also, I found the derailment of this thread hilarious :P
Kunisaki Yukito is a flooging pervert. He makes a mother finger her daughter to get off his sick kicks, have two sisters paizuri his cock while slobbering all over it, and he raped another in the rain. From Behind. I bet he assreamed the ghostly loli too.
Old 2007-10-07, 10:13
Local

Send a message via AIM to tea panda

Well I watched it (I'm going to be sticking with TheWaffleHouse's subs BTW, I just like the font they use for the subs =D), and I got to say, I liked it a lot. Unfortunately, I felt the same way about Kanon, and while Kanon was extremely good, by the end I was sort of ambivalent because it just felt like it was missing some oomph.

Some people were saying that Clannad might go for two seasons, which I hope they do, because there's just SO much story to cover. I have a feeling that too many girls' screentimes (heck, even some of the other minor characters that haven't been introduced yet) will get reamed if they squeeze it all into 24 episodes, unless they plan on taking some creative liberties.

That said, it's still a wonderful start (Kyou omfg <3), and I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2007-10-07, 11:54
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kealdrea

I just finished watching it. ^-^ Personally, I thought it was extremely fast paced (which, I suppose, is inevitable for a twelve or thirteen episode series), but still enjoyable. My twin sister liked it, too, despite having never played the visual novel. Being able to appeal to b