gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-01-22, 08:49
Visitor

Default Games Needed

I was wondering wether anyone knew somewhere where i could By Clannad, Air and Kanon Games for either Pc or Playstation2, and if so, would i be able to get it translated to english, or just have english subtitlels.
Old 2007-01-22, 09:07
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieo View Post
I was wondering wether anyone knew somewhere where i could By Clannad, Air and Kanon Games for either Pc or Playstation2, and if so, would i be able to get it translated to english, or just have english subtitlels.
Himeya, while a little expensive (triple "little" if you live in the third world), is very convenient because it ships mostly anywhere in the world. Don't worry if your country isn't in their list, send them an email asking. You'll have to send an email before you arrange a purchase, but it works wonders.
You could also buy them from intermediaries, or auction houses operating from Japan, but you'll have to do more work.

About the English translation... no. These things take years upon years. If you're not planning on learning japanese, I'd advise you not to buy those games until you have the patch in your hands (unless you're a crazy collector).
Look at the unlucky people that bought Wind believing they were getting a patch, for a practical example.
Plus, if you learn japanese, you have access to a lot of things beyond visual novels. Of course, that goes for learning ANY language, not just japanese (not to toot my own horn, but I believe the most useful language after English would be Spanish - this is subjective, though).

Last edited by Claudio; 2007-01-22 at 09:13.
Old 2007-01-22, 09:20
Visitor

Thing is, that i am teaching myself japanese, but im teaching myself how to speak it, i havent even begun learning kanji, hiragana and katakana yet, andwhen i do, it'll take forever, i'll have to teach it myself through website sand such, too much hardwork, -sigh- well im in england anyway, but still, do you know wether they will make english versions of the games?
Old 2007-01-22, 09:23
Obsessive

No, Key will not release their games in English (and neither will any other Japanese company). You will have to wait until someone licenses one of their titles and releases it in the West, but the chances of that happening any time soon are very small indeed.
Old 2007-01-22, 09:27
Visitor

ok, so scratch that idea, what about patch's then, does anyone know when someone will be making a patch for them.

Last edited by Kieo; 2007-01-22 at 09:35.
Old 2007-01-22, 09:40
Regular

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

In my post, I'm talking about fan-made patches.
So, scratch that too.
You could hope for a miracle for the Kanon patch Haeleth was making, but as I said, don't take anything for granted.
Old 2007-01-22, 09:50
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

You could also wait like 10 years for someone to come around and translate Clannad (there have been a couple attempts, but each one has failed =D). Or maybe if your lucky zalas will finish up things on the AIRal front, but thats almost as unlikely.

Essentially, what people are saying to you is that if you want to play any of these games in English anytime soon, your choices are limited to whats available essentially from the downloads section of VisualNews and what few commercial distributors have in the US. Otherwise, learning Japanese is the only other option.
Old 2007-01-22, 09:50
Visitor

that what i meant, lol, i meant is anyone on here or somethin making any patches, i dont really mind of its from kanon or not, as long as it works ^^
Old 2007-01-22, 09:52
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

You should poke around the front page a bit, it would have answered some questions of yours >.>;;.

For patches, you have these available, and thats about it:
http://visualnews.net/full-downloads/
Old 2007-01-22, 09:55
Visitor

Hehe, sorry ^^
and thanks for ya help
Old 2007-01-22, 09:59
Addicted

Oh, and for the record, that AIR patch is only partial, it covers only Misuzu's path (less then a 1/4 of the game in my estimates) in the Dream Scenario and requires the original 18+ CD version of AIR to run, which is a royal pain in the ass to come by these days.