gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-12-21, 17:27
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii View Post
I am still clinging to the belief that GipFace is going to finish it, on his own schedule.
Unfortunately considering that NNL's website stated that they would just release the "build A" at the start of October if the re-edit wasn't completed by then and that it's most of the way through December now its beginning to look like a bit of a lost cause...
Old 2006-12-21, 21:00
inuyasha9854

well, they sorta retracted that statement by the "just know that I'm working overtime" statement.
Old 2006-12-22, 01:41
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha9854 View Post
well, they sorta retracted that statement by the "just know that I'm working overtime" statement.
... Sort of. If that statement had come on 10/1 instead of 10/8, I'd agree, but as it is, it came approximately one week after (in theory) Build A was going to be released, going by the 9/24 post, and it contradicted the 9/24 post too.
Also included in it was that "something" would be coming at the end of the week, plus a guarantee that another project would be out before December (I'm assuming that it is not, or if it is, it's incredibly well hidden :))

Arguably the "something" can be the wind project page going back online (10/11), and the KFC analysis (10/12) but it's not really what I was expecting, or what I'd count as something in the overall context :)

I don't mean to attack them over not releasing (It's their work and ultimately up to them and they don't owe anyone anything) but I just don't like (repeatedly) having carrots dangled in front of me that ultimately turn out to be false, and they're not very confidence inspiring.
Old 2006-12-22, 03:02
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

He still has a couple more days to give us one surprise release. Who knows, mabbe on Christmas we may be surprised with the release of Wind and Soyokaze no Okurimono, or mabbe New Years?

I for one am still holding out for hope in the last couple days of this year.
Old 2006-12-31, 18:58
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misu View Post
I for one am still holding out for hope in the last couple days of this year.
BlueMage casts COUNTERSPELL on HOPE. HOPE is countered!

Like the bar savant said in good ol' Wasteland, "Nice try, but no cigar".

By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I hope 2007 will see you all guys well!
Old 2007-01-06, 22:19
Unregistered

Did anyone get a scoop of what Fate/Zero is like?
Oh, and to the above posters, Wind is history, let it go. Maybe our grandchildren will see that patch, which probby never existed at all.
Old 2007-01-06, 22:55
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

The patch did exist. I saw it in action myself and played on it for a little bit...

As for our great grandchildern being able to play and not us... at this rate, it may very well be likely >.>;;
Old 2007-01-07, 08:03
Unregistered

Would it be possible to at least move it from Completed to In Progress (delayed, stalled, unreleased, whatever) instead? It's rather misleading currently.
Old 2007-01-07, 12:09
rg

Quote:
I don't mean to attack them over not releasing (It's their work and ultimately up to them and they don't owe anyone anything) but I just don't like (repeatedly) having carrots dangled in front of me that ultimately turn out to be false, and they're not very confidence inspiring.
That's my opinion on the matter too. I understand the grudge that he bears against much of his potential audience (and for valid reasons, given the number of jerks who've hassled them. I felt the same way as NNL at the time of the debate), but I wish that he'd be more levelheaded about this.

If he wants to cancel, then he should say so already. As you say, it's insulting to repeatedly dangle carrots and then give the cold shoulder as the timeframe passes. Nonetheless, I don't expect any different from NNL given the snobbish and almost narcissistic attitude some members have held (i.e. their virtual assumption that all potential patch users are pirates, their crafty means of attracting beta testers, the way they labeled anyone who found their test to be unreasonably difficult as being mentally deficient, the way they instantly undermined anyone who made a mistake on their test even though said people had legitimately purchased Wind, etc.). Other translators have canceled patch plans or have proposed piracy prevention systems, but few have gone ballistic/off the wall like NNL.

Quote:
Maybe our grandchildren will see that patch, which probby never existed at all.
I know of one person who has received and tested the patch. It's complete, but for whatever reason, NNL doesn't seem committed to finalizing and launching a patch even though the group agreed to go ahead with a release. The decision was NOT unanimous, so I'd guess that lack of solidarity may be the problem, with certain key individual(s) stringing along and dragging their feet.

Of course, there's talk of time issues and the need for top quality (with said individual(s) being the only possible authority). However, I think it's mostly an excuse. If someone doesn't feel committed to releasing something, he/she's never going to find the time to make final adjustments.
Old 2007-01-07, 21:02
Obsessive

Oh no, this is turning into another Wind thread again, let's stop right here everyone XD

I still recommend shii to put Wind under "in progress" though, removing the bold isn't gonna to do the trick. I won't make any comments on the wind drama or nnl, but what I do know is that we shouldn't really encourage people to buy wind any more at this stage.

Last edited by luckyovermind; 2007-01-07 at 21:15.
Old 2007-01-29, 22:31
T.

Well this might be not that important, but there seems to be some sort of disease in your article of letters transforming into '?' (and I checked the page source, it's not a problem of font from me for sure).
Examples:
"If y?u're going to start your own translation project"
"This site is not a wiki, but if you have a ch?nge to suggest head"
Well actually there is only two of those :o
AlSo you should check others forums in case you would get pms :p
Old 2007-01-29, 23:22
Addicted

Your browser is not automatically detect