gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-07-05, 16:10
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudio
Are those physical, or just emulated through Extra Attachmate or the like?
It's been a while since I've been to Mainframe Operations in my bank, where the last bastion of those stands tall.

Our new AS400 is pretty cool. Basically its just a slide in blade on our server with a mainboard and processor and the like. We also have a 2000 server built into another blade. The server for our sister company that we also have on site is just a good old as400 server. The monitor attached is of the ancient variety where the green kind bleeds into the black and neither are their true color anymore... and where as its not piercing green like the terminals it tends to hurt my eyes more. I don't get access to the servers most the time though as I am not in the IS guy. I just play the part when he's on vacation.
Old 2006-07-05, 17:07
Regular

QG30

God I love CICS.

Not.

Well, we went from eye strain to logon transactions. Talk about derailing.
Old 2006-07-05, 21:55
omgwtflolz

R: -5.50|-1.75 x180
L: -7.25|-1.75 x 180

:>
Old 2006-07-05, 23:32
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
And my ears still haven't recovered from the endless clatter of daisywheel hammer on paper from the computers of my youth. (Insert three-Yorkshiremen reference here.)
Back in my day, we had it tough! The computer lab workers would slice off our arms, so we had to make the holes in the punchcards with our TEETH.
Old 2006-07-06, 03:45
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by procyon
Interesting story though: a while back I was replacing some text terminals with PCs running an emulation program. I ended up pulling the B&R pins from the VGA monitors to keep the clients happy, since they much prefered green on black to white/gray on black text, and the terminal program didn't provide color choices :)
Do you remember the days when colour monitors used to have a little button on the front you could press to switch to "amber" or "green" mode?
Old 2006-07-06, 04:42
Regular

Quote:
Do you remember the days when colour monitors used to have a little button on the front you could press to switch to "amber" or "green" mode?

ooh thats the one we have on the as400 server! :P
Old 2006-07-10, 13:02

Send a message via MSN to Osthekake

I keep playing or whatever I'm doing until I'm to sleepy/hungry/late for appointment to continue. When my eyes start runnong people who see me would think I was crying. I should wash my face before leaving the house. However resolution is everything, you would see me with running eyes when I play old classics. -And when I draw on my computer. But the eyes can take as much WoW and visual novels as I please. Of course I've been gaming since I was too little to understand anything at all, so I have a strong tolerance ^^.
Old 2006-07-10, 13:56
Local

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by procyon
Interesting story though: a while back I was replacing some text terminals with PCs running an emulation program. I ended up pulling the B&R pins from the VGA monitors to keep the clients happy, since they much prefered green on black to white/gray on black text, and the terminal program didn't provide color choices :)

Yup, I used to own one of those :) Or at least my parents did... couldn't quite claim ownership of that computer
Old 2006-07-14, 04:40
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha9854
It's merely a large download, almost 700 MB. Really addictive, free, you just need to be....creative with the account registration page.
... let me say curse you once again!

... and yea you do need to be creative with that page. ... they think im Takayama Eiichi. ^-^

.... Kouryuu (0424-9999)
Castnet server. Estevia.
Old 2006-07-14, 07:32
inuyasha9854

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouryuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha9854
It's merely a large download, almost 700 MB. Really addictive, free, you just need to be....creative with the account registration page.
... let me say curse you once again!

... and yea you do need to be creative with that page. ... they think im Takayama Eiichi. ^-^

.... Kouryuu (0424-9999)
Castnet server. Estevia.
I am me, I just ignored a few things with the registration page.
As far as ingame:
Kannasama (0014-8083)
Castanet, Estiva