gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-05-05, 09:36
Local

Gaaaizz, you should stop arguing hearrr and read some SCIP instead.
Old 2009-05-05, 13:14
Posts way too much

SICP* is overrated. If you want to learn Lisp, there's better references, and if you want to learn to program, there's better language to learn with than Lisp.

*what I assume you meant
Old 2009-05-06, 05:03
Unregistered

I've been wondering about the overall length of this game. vndb classifies this as "Long (30 - 50 hours)", but on the other hand the list that was posted in another thread here ( http://notazsite.hp.infoseek.co.jp/main/soft/size.html ) indicates that the game doesn't have all that much text, less than some games that vndb classifies as "Medium (10 - 30 hours)"... Can anyone give a rough estimate about what to expect?
Old 2009-05-06, 06:14
Local

@Asceai, it was a purpose typo. /irony

@Unregistered, It has bad ends, so if you want "all clear", you'll have to reach all of them which will take 'some' time.
Old 2009-05-06, 15:31
Local

Send a message via AIM to tea panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sure, I'm going to assume you can understand Chinese:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=549185565

All info / instructions regarding the release is here (If you want to visit the website of the actual group, though, there's a link in the readme. Although I always get a cannot connect, sooo.) The RF link requires the RayFile program, but the Namipan link works DDL style. (Just disregard their suggestion for you to download their dl manager)

Full patch due this summer, if all goes well (Afaik).
Thanks for the link, Unreg. However it looks like the Namipan link also wanted me to download their program. I'll look through those forums and see if I can find an alternate link or something. Thanks again.
Old 2009-05-06, 16:10
Unregistered

Strange.

The Namipan link has a popup "suggesting" that you download their program because the filesize is "rather large", but if you deny that and wait a few seconds DDL should still start (and speed isn't bad at all, I had ~200 kbps, which is a miracle considering I'm overseas from their host server and they don't have very good speeds anyway)
Old 2009-05-19, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've been wondering about the overall length of this game. vndb classifies this as "Long (30 - 50 hours)", but on the other hand the list that was posted in another thread here ( http://notazsite.hp.infoseek.co.jp/main/soft/size.html ) indicates that the game doesn't have all that much text, less than some games that vndb classifies as "Medium (10 - 30 hours)"... Can anyone give a rough estimate about what to expect?
Definitely medium. I'd say 15(+/- 5) hours for the main route(Haru route). And if you wish to branch off into sub-heroine routes, then add another hour for each of the other 3 heroines.
Old 2009-05-19, 23:45
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Definitely medium. I'd say 15(+/- 5) hours for the main route(Haru route). And if you wish to branch off into sub-heroine routes, then add another hour for each of the other 3 heroines.
you ctrl'd through all the game checking cgs and hscenes, right?
Old 2009-05-20, 01:29
Posts way too much

Quote:
And if you wish to branch off into sub-heroine routes, then add another hour for each of the other 3 heroines.
WHAT THE FUCK

HOW?!
Old 2009-05-20, 02:25
Local

Quote:
Okay now this makes me feel even more bad about my slow reading skills and overall progress on / through G-Senjou no Maou...having merely crossed through Tsubaki's chapter plus bad end now since the Soft's arrival earlier this month >_< Though to my defence I shall note to only sideline proper time for it at weekends...
Old 2009-05-20, 04:26

Odd, I don't remember taking long to go through the chapters at all. But maybe I just read fast?

Regardless, I can't conceivably put this game in the 30-50 hour range. That's putting it in the F/SN type of length, which it definitely isn't. Nor is it some dating sim where you have to replay a whole bunch of times to get all the girls ala Da Capo or To Heart 2.
Old 2009-05-20, 05:06
Posts way too much

It should take a total of ~21 hours - 15 hours for the main route, and 2-3 hours for each of the sub routes - for a decently speedy reader. Took me about 25 to clear, but that was in one session and I get tireder as I go. I don't see anyone reading the sub routes at 1 hour apiece, though - 2 hours is on the low side.

It's not 30-50, I'll admit. The game only has a 2mb script and can be cleared in one go, pretty much, using strategic saving/loading without really having to reread anything.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:50

Woo first post XD

It took me around 28 If i remember correctly. Though my calculation is probably going to be wrong since I leave the game running while I eat and do other stuff.

Haru Ftw.

Last edited by Accany; 2009-05-20 at 15:53.