gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2010-08-27, 22:55
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If we had a bunch of people answering:

"I translate to spread the word of visual novels because I love visual novels and I want everyone to love visual novels. Let's just all hold hands!"

That would be boring. I think the OP was hoping for just that.

However, what we got was something far more fascinating and far more interesting. Debate, even when it sometimes deteriorates into some flame throwing is far more interesting than mindless ball-washing. We have learned the general attitudes of the public at large when it comes to translators and translations.

As far as "backstabbing" goes, I don't see that. I see healthy, spirited debate.

In fact, I have seen discussions in comments section of news stories on cnn.com that make this thread look downright civilized.

I would be very disappointed in the mods if they lock a thread down just because the discussion gets a little heated.
Debate huh?

D: from what i see it really a bloody way to do a debate...

It seems moderator is enjoying seeing this or there sleeping...
Moderator my wise advice is to lock this thread.. this is the third time I said it...
Old 2010-09-11, 21:31
Unregistered

Blah blah blah heartless troll post
Spoiler

What you got nothing more to say huh? You who thinks you're so full of yourself and advocate those that hold such a petty attitude?
Old 2010-09-11, 23:18
Unregistered

You know what, I was rash and I take back what I said, but you really shouldn't troll, and should remember that they are people and having everyone against you isn't generally a good idea.
Old 2010-09-30, 19:48
Local

And... to bring this thread back a full circle to its originally intended topic... I translate because... I want the visual novel community to grow, and the more games, the more chances for possible exposure? Or something like that, I took translations and used them to play visual novels so why not give one back?
Old 2010-10-12, 22:42
Regular

No VN translation of mine has even seen the light of day (yet), but I enjoy translating a lot. It's both a good workout for my language skills, in both English and the language I'm translating from, and the thought that my work may prove enjoyable or enlightening to someone else is a good form of motivation. Considering my earliest interest in learning Japanese came from a combination of reading Haruki Murakami novels and watching the old DiC Sailor Moon, I feel like I appreciate the value of a translated work in spreading awareness of something, be it a game or whatever else, to an audience that might never have otherwise become aware of it.