gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-08-31, 17:25
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealdrea View Post
Out of curiosity, why are you choosing to translate Tick Tack! now if there's a very good chance that it will be the next game for MangaGamer to pick up? Wouldn't it be much more beneficial to pick up something that will never get translated, instead of letting the same game get translated twice?
Maybe he's hoping to get money and/or work out of it. MangaGamer made offers to the fan-translators of Higurashi and the fan-translators of Shuffle before, so it's not an impossible prospect. Of course, if that is his reason, I'm not one to blame him at all. I just hope he gives them a quality piece of work if that is his intent.
Old 2009-09-01, 05:14
badenglishguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Welcome to the internet, where anything is possible.

I never said that they gave a shit about me giving a shit, and they have no reason to give a shit. However, they are *supposedly* translating a visual novel. Why translate it if they don't care what others think about it?
But I digress.

All I asked for was a screenshot or two as proof that they weren't the next gamepatch. Gamepatch kept people going for over a year. Proof that they aren't trolling leads to people actually taking this project seriously. I personally found the timing of this project suspicious, and the timing of the translator's personal problems even more so. I doubt I am the only person who feels this way.

As for your analogy...I'll try to correct it for you.
"You guys are giving out free copies of an anime dvd that cannot currently be obtained anywhere without great time and effort? Could you please take a picture of one of the cases so that the people who care will know that you guys are actually not bullshitting us?"
I think that is more accurate, unless I'm the only one who cares about this project. Note that I made a request, not a demand.
Moving on...

Sorry, but I'm not the same person. I do however understand what he means. Your vicious defense against my post as well as his was quite unnecessary. I will not continue to dissect your second post, as I have other things to "waste my action points on".

On a final note (and I mean this to be a suggestion, not ad hominem), grammar and punctuation are generally appreciated in this forum. Having to read a post several times to fully understand it can be frustrating.
Polite Request - "Could he release a few screenshots beforehand so we'll have SOME reason to believe that you guys aren't completely bullshitting us?":
"COULD YOU PLEASE take a sip off that coffee you just bought for me so that I'll be a LITTLE MORE INCLINED TO BELIEVE that you are not trying to POISON me?"

"....they are *supposedly* translating a visual novel. Why translate it if they don't care what others think about it?":
Since you guys ARE translating it for me/us, my/our emotional investment(0AP) onto your project makes you obligated to fulfill my/our Polite Request (and get annoyed by me/it/us, if you are really translating the game).

"Proof that they aren't trolling leads to people actually (ACTUALLY) taking this project seriously.":
Having people taking the project SRSLY increases J>E mastery by 13.5%.
Having people taking the project SRSLY increases J>E rate by 12%.

You feel that it is important for you (power to the anon 'fans') to determine whether they are troll or not, especially since you spent a whooping amount of 0AP doing whatever it is that you are doing. So, you have your reasons to think that they are troll. Therefore, you came up with a politely insulting way to probe for your answer. While normal people would give them the benefit of the doubt, your sentence is so wonderfully crafted that trolls would not take hurt, but should there really be a sad somebody who slogged hours translating and recently had a family member hospitalised...

bah.. i cant stand this proper typing thing. ok. i just do not understand why you would take the path where you only stand to piss someone who might really be doing a service to you off. note that i only asked this question after your second post, where you try painstakingly to be polite.
Old 2009-09-01, 05:26
badenglishguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by badenglishguy View Post
You feel that it is important for you (power to the anon 'fans') to determine whether they are troll or not, especially since you spent a whooping amount of 0AP doing whatever it is that you are doing. So, you have your reasons to think that they are troll. Therefore, you came up with a politely insulting way to probe for your answer. While normal people would give them the benefit of the doubt, your sentence is so wonderfully crafted that trolls would not take hurt, but should there really be a sad somebody who slogged hours translating and recently had a family member hospitalised...
just to be clear, i am not arguing that "everyone must be nice and flowers and fluffy marshmallows to one another", just that we should not say idiotic things that might provoke someone who might actually be translating something.
Old 2009-09-01, 16:12
Obsessive

If you have a problem with how the translation project is being run (communication/speed/etc) translate the game yourself.
Old 2009-09-02, 05:03
Unregistered

So much rage over nothing...
You guys need to chill the fuck out.
Old 2009-09-16, 14:38
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kealdrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouryuu View Post
Maybe he's hoping to get money and/or work out of it. MangaGamer made offers to the fan-translators of Higurashi and the fan-translators of Shuffle before, so it's not an impossible prospect. Of course, if that is his reason, I'm not one to blame him at all. I just hope he gives them a quality piece of work if that is his intent.

Is Unyu part of GamePatch? If not, then which one of them would get money for the translation? Would they have to fight to the death over which copy gets used?
Old 2009-09-16, 21:41
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealdrea View Post
Is Unyu part of GamePatch? If not, then which one of them would get money for the translation? Would they have to fight to the death over which copy gets used?
Neither of them actually has a translation, so it's a moot point.
Old 2009-09-16, 22:06
Regular

News about Tick Tack! are getting more and more ridiculous. I hope Mangagamer will release it and all trolls will go quiet.. ^_^
Old 2009-09-17, 00:58
kouryuu

The only reason I can think of for MangaGamer to not translate Tick Tack! would be if sales of Shuffle! were abysmal. Considering Shuffle has been #1 in weekly sales for the past month, I doubt that it the case. I do know Navel is partnered with MangaGamer, so if anyone gets the rights to Tick Tack it will be them. I'd say it's just a matter of time before they do.
Old 2009-09-18, 15:09

I'm starting to get fed up with this guy he never logs on or posts updates to his staff anymore i'm starting to think that this is a fake. I haven't seen a single script in my almost two months of being part of the team, i started a SVN a week ago and someone on the staff said they'd tell him about it but he never sent me an email or posted so i could add him to it so who knows at this point.
Old 2009-09-18, 16:13
Unregistered

I am very surprised at this sudden news.
Old 2009-09-18, 20:24
Unregistered

Doh! Everyone in this thread has been GamePatch'd!
Old 2009-09-21, 19:53
Unregistered

Quote:
Doh! Everyone in this thread has been GamePatch'd!
Speaking of which, I heard GamePatch is putting Shuffle on the backburner and picking this one up.
Old 2009-09-23, 19:40
Unregistered

Quote:
Speaking of which, I heard GamePatch is putting Shuffle on the backburner and picking this one up.
Never saw that coming.
Honest.
Old 2009-09-23, 19:52

Our translator is supposedly going to be back sometime next week and hopefully scripts will be provided