gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-04-12, 09:14
mr.aufziehvogel

the last posting is from me...forgot to log in.
Old 2006-04-12, 10:48
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp32
"Gung cngvrag jvyy ab ybatre or erdhvevat zl pner", npghnyyl. Qbpgbef unir orra xabja gb fnl guvf cuenfr jura gurve cngvragf unir qvrq, nf jryy. Ng yrnfg, urer ng gur Havirefvgl bs Zvpuvtna ubfcvgny gurl qb ...
Is this a commonly known thing?
Old 2006-04-12, 11:14
Irregular

Among medical professionals? Yes. Step back and think about the phrase -- even without that context it can be taken a number of ways. There are many ciphers and purposely ambiguous phrasings in this piece; the intent, as I've stated before, was to make sure that the reader came to his own conclusions about what happened. Therefore, aufziehvogel, your interpretation of the ending is not wrong either ...
Old 2006-04-12, 11:24
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp32
Among medical professionals? Yes. Step back and think about the phrase -- even without that context it can be taken a number of ways. There are many ciphers and purposely ambiguous phrasings in this piece; the intent, as I've stated before, was to make sure that the reader came to his own conclusions about what happened. Therefore, aufziehvogel, your interpretation of the ending is not wrong either ...
Ok, I was just curious as to the intended level of ambiguity in that part of the piece... (i.e. was it actually supposed to be ambigious or did I just miss the boat when general knowledge was handed out). I get it now.
Old 2006-04-12, 15:28
Local

Send a message via ICQ to Billhead Send a message via Yahoo to Billhead

Thanks to gp32 I have a new love for stories that end like this.
I couldn't stand it when a story wouldn't wrap everything up, but I now realize that I end up making my own ending for it, however I want it to end.
Old 2006-04-20, 03:14
Shish

I still can't stand such open ended stories, to the point where I was quite prepared to re-enact the last few lines before the credits upon the person who decided to end that way <_< I'd much rather be disappointed than left in suspense...

Then I got the epilogue, and thought yay~

Now I read this thread and start questioning my interpretation, and knowing there's no "official" ending means I can't rest in peace -_-

> fur fnvq "v nz lbhe qrnq" naq gur perqvgf pnzr.... v gubhtug "znlor
> qrngu unf gevpxrq uvz gb trg "uvf yvsr"...ohg jul jbhyq fur qb gung?

that's just what I was thinking :o

> i read the novel at 3AM ;)

same here, and the lack of resting in peace mentioned above killed my sleep for the night entirely; now in school I'm so tired I keep walking into walls <_<
Old 2006-05-05, 03:20
Visitor

A most wonderful and moving experience. My belated thanks and congratulations goes out to everyone who was involved in this superb endeavour.

Va ertneqf gb gur rcvybthr, jung fgehpx zr jnf gung gur raqvat gurzr hfrq vf bcgvzvfgvp, ubcrshy - gurersber, V crefbanyyl guvax obgu Zvxbgb naq Xbhln fheivir va gur raq.

By the way, are the original authors planning to expand on this project in the future?

- Ganryuu
Old 2006-05-14, 11:46
Irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganryuu
By the way, are the original authors planning to expand on this project in the future?
The original author, you mean. Nagidori has at the time of the writing quit the net entirely, and has gone on to pursue other interests. Before he left, he did write several Red Shift side stories, so I suppose the answer is yes, he did expand substantially on the project before he deemed it done.
Old 2009-02-21, 11:16
Unregistered

i probably won't get a response any time soon, but...

is there anyone out there that can possibly find scores for the two piano bgms in Red Shift? i'd really like to use them in this project that i'm involved in. if you can help me get those two songs before april, perfect. if not, then... well... nevermind.

thx to anyone that cares!
Old 2009-02-24, 09:30
dsp2003

Ah, you mean XG MIDI files, aren't you? ^_^

Then, please search here:

http://www.rengoku-teien.com/midi_top.html
http://www.tam-music.com/freemidi.html

I, personally, found one of the tracks from TAM Music Factory (called 『桜舞風』 (Sacramaucaze, 11.mp3 in the novel)). Haven't scanned the other one though (yet). Other sites from Tokoyo No Hoshizora ReadMe.txt are currently dead.

Also, you may try to convert the MP3s to MIDI by the note recogniser tool (the editing and false notes manual cleanup in Cakewalk will be necessary though).

Last edited by dsp2003; 2009-02-24 at 09:37.