gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2005-10-11, 20:50
Local

Yay ^_^ Now I know what to do the rest of the day!
Old 2005-10-11, 22:29
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

For anyone who needs direct downloads of any of the al|together projects, I am uploading as I type. Theres quite a few of them, and my upload speed isnt that great, but it should be done in a couple hours.

http://www.wingedones.net/alltogether/
Since files are being upload probably right now, make sure not to download any files that are in the process of being uploaded. To make sure you dont, I've attached a little MB guide for each file. Just make sure the MBs are roughly the same on the website as whats listed here, and the file is ready to download ^^. Enjoy.

Edit: All uploads are done, so download away^^

Also, congratulations to all the particaptors of al|together 2005. You guys all did a wonderful job and deserve a great pat on the back![/b]
Old 2005-10-11, 22:36
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp32
You might find it interesting to know that insani is a Mac-predominant unit. I translate mainly on an iBook G4 12in (and maintain ONScripter on that same iBook); Ed does his work on a Powerbook G4 12in plus a dual-processor Power Mac G4. Which was why making sure that ONScripter behaved like a first-class OS X citizen (it still does not, by the way) became priority #1 when we decided to fork ONScripter.
That's neat to know. I figured that someone in the group had to be a Mac user to be developing the ONScripter builds, packaging the Mac versions of these works, etc. but wouldn't have guessed that you did most of your work on Macs. Cool.

*kicks slow BT downloads* It sucks to be behind a firewall that doesn't allow incoming connections... makes the downloads go really slow... hopefully at least one of these will have finished by tomorrow :)

Edit: Ahh, thanks Misu! If my torrents haven't finished by the time I have time to play, I'll know where I can get them. In any case, thanks for the mirror!
Old 2005-10-11, 23:06
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto
*kicks slow BT downloads* It sucks to be behind a firewall that doesn't allow incoming connections... makes the downloads go really slow... hopefully at least one of these will have finished by tomorrow :)
I got them all from the wireless network in the HUB, which works flawlessly with torrents ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misu
www.wingedones.net
Mmmm, wing-dones... starting to make me hungry again.
Old 2005-10-11, 23:20
Roto

Quote:
I got them all from the wireless network in the HUB, which works flawlessly with torrents ^^
Really? I'll have to keep that in mind in the future. I always figured that the public wireless networks would have the same, if not more stringent, firewall rules, so I never tried. I suppose I could have used the CSE wireless network, too... don't know why I never think of doing that...
Old 2005-10-12, 02:00

Holy crap. This is awesome. Damn, I'm glad you guys are around and grouped together. Appreciation beyond appreciation.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day... I wonder if I can cram everything these novels have to offer in a short time? This will definitely add to my experience, and I'm grateful enough for that.
Old 2005-10-12, 08:51
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

You know, no matter how you look at it, al|together was quite a great feat for any translation fandom.

Seven different projects, six different groups, and only one month to do it all. Since when has seven visual novel gamesub projects ever come out in on month (or even three >_>;;)? Of the nine that entered in, seven got done. Thats pretty damn good!

Hopefully this is a good sign for the future, and a lot of people got a good start with al|together, so that we can see more people starting to gamesub more stuff! Go everyone!
Old 2005-10-12, 14:39
rodan

And there was much rejoicing.
Old 2005-10-12, 17:19
Local

Wow, so many choices... which one should I start on?

Damn gotta finish my Stanford College apps first.... grrrrrrrrrr
Old 2005-10-12, 18:03

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

..... kouhai? ..... *cracks knuckles*

Oh yeah... I also have a Powerbook, which I sometimes use for insani QCs <_<; (Though I keep not getting the reports in on time >_<)
Old 2005-10-12, 18:55
Staff

キタ━━━━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━━ッ!!
*doujinshigasms*

There goes the rest of my free time for this week. I love you all. Thank you so much. <3

On another note, I'm very surprised no one actually did a kaomoji yet.
Old 2005-10-12, 20:27
Obsessive

haha!! dear me, i'm playing Kira -snowdrop- right now and i just have to ask you haeleth - what dialect is maiko speaking in?

I'm loving your localization of it ^^

you sure weren't kidding when you said you'd solved the problem of the character's voices being too similar!
Old 2005-10-12, 20:31
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by l|ammamama
haha!! dear me, i'm playing Kira -snowdrop- right now and i just have to ask you haeleth - what dialect is maiko speaking in?

I'm loving your localization of it ^^

you sure weren't kidding when you said you'd solved the problem of the character's voices being too similar!
I'm going to guess that that would be either Kansai (southernized a la Azumanga Daioh's Osaka) or it takes place outside of Japan...

Either way, it's a nice work. :D So is A Winter's Tale, but part of it is rather predictable.
Old 2005-10-12, 20:33
Irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by l|ammamama
what dialect is maiko speaking in?
It is Kansai-ben in the original Japanese, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritsnare
So is A Winter's Tale, but part of it is rather predictable.
One could make the argument that that's actually the point, in a way, of that piece.

Or, to quote someone far more eloquent ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Dracula
Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Old 2005-10-12, 20:35
kouryuu

*happy sigh of pleasurable delight*

I'll be honest, with my course load at the moment, I may not get to these until break, but I can't wait until I do.

arigato gozaimasu, minna-sama! otsukaresama deshita! ^_^