gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-13, 09:56
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu
Default Bini-tan! Chu~~ [Mascot Contest]

Well well... to some it up in a nutshell, VisualNews needs some artwork. Right now, I'm pulling artwork from Polyphonica (and straight from the game too ><), and frankly, I don't want to get sued, so it's time to implement this idea thats been bounced around the staff.

Welcome to the VisualNews Mascot Contest! We are looking for a Bini-tan for VN! (If your wondering wtf a Bini-tan is, read the main page post). So I'll go over the basic stuff pretty quickly.

The page for the Mascot Contest is now up! You can view an updated version of the rules/faq and all submissions from there now.
Now that theres a decent page up for the contest, I don't feel bad about saying this anymore. Spam it away if you so desire. The more submissions we can get, the better. Alternatively, you can spam the general contest page too.

Change Log:

Spoiler

Prizes (What everyone REALLY wants to know about):
Spoiler

Promote the Contest!:
Spoiler

Random Artistic Job Openings:
Spoiler

General Thread Etiquette:
Even if a piece of artwork sucks, do not bash it or just say it “sucks”. Remember, a design that may be artistically crappy may be chosen and renditioned into something very nice, so just because a concept isn't drawn stunningly, don't diss it. Constructive criticism with valid points though are welcome. Otherwise feel free to make submissions and discuss anything related to this contest and its submissions here. Full guest posting is allowed if your just visiting, but we would love if you joined us in our community ^^.

(Yeah, I'm fooling around with the spoiler tags right now. They should look prettier very soon... hopefully...)
Old 2007-02-14, 01:44
Addicted

<a href="http://www.members.optushome.com.au/cjtchen/05.jpg">それなんてエロゲ?</a>
Old 2007-02-14, 07:29
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

すげい (゚д゚)!! I never imagined you as the drawing type Ast xD.
Old 2007-02-14, 20:55
Unregistered

Actually some companies do allow doujin artwork legally, but of course that doesn't apply for other people's doujin art. XD

And Binyuu-tan would technically work, but it would be so horribly wrong.
Old 2007-02-14, 21:28
Addicted

Ayup... but I'm ripping straight out of the game.... ><
I only did it because at the time, I needed some artwork quickly (I was in a time pinch) that was on a transparent background... and well, games are an excellent source of those >.>;;.

びにゅう~~! *cough*, I'm sure that would get GREAT looks from our Japanese readers >.>;;
Old 2007-02-15, 09:27
EwanG

Default Here's my take

Attached as an uncolored, reduced size PNG to give you the flavor. I also have her in PSD format if that would be easier for y'all to use. I can do the coloring/shading, but figured you might want to have uncolored so you can more easily blend her to the site colors as things change.

http://visualnews.net/files/binitan/binitan_ewang.png

Let me know,
Ewan
Old 2007-02-15, 10:46
Addicted

Well, it is your design ^^. If you have a color scheme in mind for your character and want to take the time to color her in, go for it ^^. Colored things help me visualize more so I can see more of what your vision of the mascot was. Then again, providing both black and white and colored is fine too. Or just one or the other =D.
Old 2007-02-16, 01:39
Regular

Default Of course, no one will listen.

Damn the Japanese convention and just name him/her/it VN-tan. This site is all about EN localization news anyway, so by naming the mascot VN-tan, you are standing defiant against crappy too-literal-to-be-good translations.

Food for thought: http://www.timwerx.net/language/englished.htm

Katakana English ftl.

Last edited by GipFace; 2007-02-16 at 01:41.
Old 2007-02-16, 09:43
lordcloudx

Default here's mine.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pic...ascotchara.png

seifuku seem a bit cliché so I went for something a little out of this world.
Old 2007-02-16, 09:56
Addicted

We're average one submission a day! =D...
Wonder how long we can keep this