gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2011-12-27, 16:03
Obsessive

CROWD removed their Foreign IP block and announced a new game:
http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/crowd/prod...angel/top.html
Apparently its a pre-cure style gender bender?
Release date is apparently in 2012 and they also have a preview disc coming out: http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/crowd/prod...l/special.html

Last edited by swiftnissity; 2011-12-27 at 16:08.
Old 2011-12-29, 06:43
Obsessive

JAST to split Saya no Uta and Hanachirasu into 2 different releases instead of a single set.
http://www.jastusa.com/nitroplus-upd...nd-hanachirasu

those who pre-ordered the set, their order will be changed to SnU only, they will need to place a new order for Hanachirasu.
Old 2011-12-29, 16:09
Local

Send a message via MSN to VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
JAST to split Saya no Uta and Hanachirasu into 2 different releases instead of a single set.
http://www.jastusa.com/nitroplus-upd...nd-hanachirasu

those who pre-ordered the set, their order will be changed to SnU only, they will need to place a new order for Hanachirasu.
So the price has increased from $30 to $25 + $20 = $45 (for a 0.31 MB script and 0.39 MB script game respectively, both less than twice the size of Narcissu), and customers who were pre-ordering the original bundle are now automatically pre-ordering the suddenly much more expensive Saya no Uta instead of the entire bundle?

Sure sounds like legitimate business to me.
Old 2011-12-29, 21:45
Local

Send a message via MSN to VDZ

Turns out MangaGamer's Deardrops trial is 0.45 MB worth of raw text (original Japanese, SJIS; same count as above numbers). MangaGamer's giving more away for free than what JAST charges $20+ for.
Old 2011-12-30, 00:42
Regular

Quote:
Sure sounds like legitimate business to me.
Here comes the funniest thing:
Quote:
Nitroplus believes, and we concur, that this is the best way to represent each of these wonderful, atmospheric works.
Old 2011-12-30, 16:28
Regular

Send a message via AIM to X-Calibar

You get 5$ off if you pre-order both and free-shipping right? So 40$, 10$ more than the original.

As a collector I'd rather see each game get its own box. I find most bundled boxes pretty ugly. They ARE two seperate games, and maybe somebody doesn't care about one; but does care about the other.

In any case, if you're concerned about price; Rightstuf has sales, I bet Saya and Hanachirasu will be about 14.99 each if you wait for it.

Oh, and since we already got a fan release so it's more about supporting and collecting than getting something new... Still I hate to spend a dollar more than I have to ><
Old 2011-12-30, 19:11
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

45 dollars is still cheaper than either of the original games individually so I don't know why anyone is complaining. Better than buying some shitty western game for 60 bucks and getting 3 hours of gameplay out of it too.

Like seriously, is everyone who plays eroge in English poor as shit or 14 years old and living with their parents or what? And seriously, going on script sizes for value comparisons? If we want to get into the fucking quality of the games then I'd say Saya and Hanachirasu are better than the majority of MG's catalog, but honestly it's not even about the perceived quality of the game in the first place, it's about the value of the product in and of itself and the brand name associated with it! I personally think that eroge should be sold at Japanese prices or at the very least the same 60 dollar price point that new games are sold at so I guess you guys should be glad I have no control over JAST's pricing, huh. Like, constantly bitching about prices just shows that you guys have no respect for the people developing these games in the first place, since you're already getting them for less than half(!) of what they cost in their native market. As someone who buys new Japanese releases for full price I guess I just can't have any sympathy for people who care about a 15 dollar difference.

So yeah like, instead of buying the most recent western-developed third person shooter where the developers put more effort into polycounts and bloom lighting than the gameplay for a cool 60 bucks, you can grab two well above-average eroge that should 1) last you at least a couple of days 2) tell fascinating and involving stories for only 45. And like honestly if you don't have 45 dollars basically on-hand to drop at any time I'm afraid I'm just going to say you're either a poor piece of shit who has better things to be spending money on than computers and internet connections in the first place or a kid living with his parents who has no right to complain about anything related to actual business.

Anyway sorry for the rant but I just absolutely detest the hypocrisy (people are willing to spend 60 dollars for crap 洋ゲー but not 30-40 dollars for eroge) and entitlement (hurr durr I deserve this game for 20 bucks because... I'm a cheapass) that always, always accompanies this sort of thing.

EDIT: By the way I remember price points from the era of cartridges so don't try to counter my argument with "new console games are too expensive too!" because you should honestly be glad that everything has a set price of 40-60 dollars instead of varying based on the size of the fucking cartridge lol.

Last edited by Moogy; 2011-12-30 at 19:17.
Old 2011-12-30, 19:39
Seventh Holy Scripture

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
MangaGamer's giving more away for free than what JAST charges $20+ for.
This only holds true if one believes the same volume of text in Deardrops and in Saya/Hanachirasu to hold equivalent worth.

In a situation I find to be analogous, "The Dark Knight" has a list price of $26.98 on DVD, while The Leprechaun Collection (which contains four movies; my favorite is "Leprechaun 4 in Space") has a list price of only $9.98. Clearly one of them is extortion, and the publisher is a fool to expect anybody to pay that price when several hours of additional entertainment is available for less money.
Old 2011-12-30, 20:52
Obsessive

Ever17 Director’s New Visual Novel Surfaces In March
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/30...aces-in-march/
Old 2011-12-31, 04:31
Regular

Quote:
45 dollars is still cheaper than either of the original games individually so I don't know why anyone is complaining. Better than buying some shitty western game for 60 bucks and getting 3 hours of gameplay out of it too.
I know it's cheaper. I'm not complaining. I'm just making fun of a company that promised to sell two games at a certain price without really knowing if it could really do it or not.

I (painfully) know myself that the Japanese price of the average eroge is way more expensive than that. But I don't think their customers will be happy for this decision. Expecially if we consider that the translations for these two games were released years ago and most of those users interested in them have already played them.

But, well, 45$ for two eroge is chep indeed. And Nitro+ fans should buy them without complaining, just like I don't complain to spend more than 70€ (more than 90$) only for MahoyoXD