gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-10-12, 06:24
otto_delxue

Default Utawarerumono

I just wanted to notice you that the group, who is translating utawarerumono, is called "Soylations" maybe you can edit this.
Old 2006-10-12, 08:27
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

I am marking all groups as "indie" until they announce more than 1 project.
Old 2006-12-15, 02:09
Obsessive

There are not many topics recently so I ask Shii a question I have had for long.

http://shii.org/geekstories/eroge.html

About this article. I don't know kj1980 well nor how it became as it is either but the greater part of it is a translation from a famous site (www.kyo-kan.net/column/eroge/eroge1.html), isn't it? Well, perhaps isn't it being asserted as the public domain without the recognition of the original author?

I don't oppose this translation and hadn't so cared up to now, but I'm just anxious a little because I came across the scenes that the article is being reused in various places recently.

Last edited by Nanatuha; 2006-12-15 at 03:14.
Old 2006-12-15, 04:03
Obsessive

The history of eroge (translation?) by kj1980 originally came as a reply buried deep in a certain thread in animesuki back in 2004, maybe he hadn't cared for a reference at that time :p

Last edited by luckyovermind; 2006-12-15 at 04:07.
Old 2006-12-15, 04:19
Obsessive

Maybe. I just thought it may be unhappy if someone who believes the text is sure the public domain getting into trouble in at where we don't know. Since the article even has being linked from Japanese wikipedia.

It's fearful to lead the unintentional person to might-be-probable drama. That's all. If someone use the text consciously I won't and can't stop it.

Last edited by Nanatuha; 2006-12-17 at 19:00.
Old 2006-12-20, 06:09
Obsessive

*sigh* It seems I can't expect explanation from them in person.

I asked the Japanese article writer yesterday. His reaction was as follows.

"I didn't know that at all. It's a news I've never heard of.
It's no use crying over spilt milk but it will be somewhat thankful to see two descriptions are added. The original writer's credit, and the description that the person has never agreed of the creative commons condition about his research, which however has been dedicated to it by mistake."

And one more minor thing, his site notes that his research is based on his personal experience so it's not something guarantees general accuracy, though some confirmations were done.

Personally, I'll pleased if what's mentioned in this thread is reread and considered.
http://forums.visualnews.net/showthread.php?t=6872

And it's for someone. I understand the effort of explanation. But don't you think maybe something has been a little too far?
http://www.whatisthewired.com/cgi-bi...;f=16;t=001191

Lastly, the time series, to make sure.

05/06/2003: First manuscript opened to the public on the Japanese site.
(However it seems the log doesn't remain on the net)

12/30/2003: Distributed as a doujinshi in Comicet.

Over the 2004: Each chapter retouched/modified and reopened one by one as it is now.

I'm terribly sorry for dragging uncomfortable topic.
Old 2006-12-20, 08:24
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanatuha View Post
Well, perhaps isn't it being asserted as the public domain without the recognition of the original author?
I don't know why I didn't see this post on the 15th. My apologies for furthering the confusion.

I asked kj1980 for permission and he gave it. He didn't tell me that it was a translation. He published these posts on the AnimeSuki forums as if it was his own work. However, now that I am reading over this Japanese page it does seem like a word-for-word plagarism. This is surprising to me because kj1980 is a very famous poster on AnimeSuki, who popularized the spelling "moe~" for moé, and so forth.

I will reattribute it and remove the public domain statement, assuming of course that the original author is allowing me to publish the translation. Please let me know the author's name for the Japanese page. I am guessing it is Todome Satoshi.

Last edited by Shii; 2006-12-20 at 08:45.
Old 2006-12-20, 09:04
Obsessive

I posted this thread here so that kj1980 can explain what exactly is happening. I know you didn't want to cause trouble, but I think it is the right thing to do because kj1980 is well-known on AnimeSuki. Hopefully he can discuss this with Todome himself.

Last edited by Shii; 2006-12-20 at 09:09.
Old 2006-12-20, 10:01
Regular

Shii, while we're on it, shouldn't you remove Wind from the list, seeing how it vanished from the mortal realms (and let's be honest, it'll never reach the public)?
Old 2006-12-20, 15:24
Obsessive

I don't have permission to see ... ?
Oh, well. I don't want to be deep involved there, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii View Post
Please let me know the author's name for the Japanese page. I am guessing it is Todome Satoshi.
Yes, he is.
Old 2006-12-20, 17:51