gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2009-02-02, 14:35
Visitor

Default Kanon or Clannad on Mac OSX

I'm trying to install either Clannad or Kanon with the English patch on Mac OSX Leopard, but I can't find instructions anywhere. I am not that technical and can't figure it out. Could someone give me some basic instructions. Thanks!
Old 2009-02-02, 17:50
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
I'm trying to install either Clannad or Kanon with the English patch on Mac OSX Leopard, but I can't find instructions anywhere. I am not that technical and can't figure it out. Could someone give me some basic instructions. Thanks!
I've done this is for Kanon:

The best thing to do is to borrow someone's Windows machine and install the applicable game (or patch) directly to your flashdrive from the CD installer. Once thats done copy/paste the game folder to where ever you want it and use RLVM to load it. This method ensures everything will be in it's proper place and you won't waste disc space on anything useless like Direct X installers.

Since the game installers are Windows based installing directly to OS X is more messy (I'm not even going to mention WINE...). Copy the disc contents over to a folder on OS X. A lot of files are unnecessary of course (like aforementioned DirectX installers) but RLVM will be able to run the game and that's what counts.

To (try to) patch in OS X, get something like 7zX to open up the teaser patch 7z file. This leaves you with a .exe file, from here your on your own to find software that can open up the .exe some paid software might. Once you get the exe open copy all of the SEENXXX files in to the main directory, the .g00s to the ,g00 folder etc.

Hope this helps you a bit atleast!
Old 2009-02-03, 12:09

try this to extract the exe.
http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/cabextract