gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Production & Help

Production & Help For discussions regarding production aspects, especially localisation, of visual novels and related games.

Old 2009-01-25, 04:57
Rasqual Twilight

Two weeks ago, ExtractData 1.20β5 was released.
It is considered as a Release Candidate version, if no bugs are found, it shall be used as final.

Quote:
1.20β5 [2009/01/10]
・YU-RISのymv形式に対応。
・変換せずに抽出する機能が吉里吉里で使用できないバグを修正。

1.20β4 [2008/12/25]
・メモリ領域が想定した値で埋まらないバグを修正。

1.20β3 [2008/12/21]
・むすめーかー製品版においてTGAファイル抽出時に落ちる問題や「voice.dat」が開けない問題を修正。

1.20β2 [2008/12/07]
・むすめーかー体験版に対応。
・LOST CHILDの抽出が正常に行われなくなっていたのを修正し、SUR形式に対応。
・変換せずに抽出する機能を実装。
・拡張子をリネームする際に落ちるバグを修正。
・WIPのマスク合成時にWIPとMSKのファイル数をチェックし、一致しなければ合成しないように変更。
・ファイル検索が途中で打ち切られてしまう問題を少し改善。

1.20β1 [2008/10/26]
・WIZARD GIRL AMBITIOUS体験版に対応。
・D.C. Girl's Symphonyに対応。
・Fate/stay nightへの対応が甘かったので修正。
・Willのアーカイブに開けないものがあった問題を修正。
・PNG変換により一部のタイトルの画像の色がおかしくなるバグを修正。
・文字列の処理を独自の文字列クラスで行うように変更。
http://atelibet.s11.xrea.com/side_yuu/
http://twin.tn.st/
Old 2009-02-09, 11:14
Rasqual Twilight

1.20 released.

Quote:
1.20 [2009/02/07]
・WIZARD GIRL AMBITIOUSに対応。
・D.C. Girl's Symphonyに対応。
・むすめーかーに対応。
・君が呼ぶ、メギドの丘でのwmvに対応。
・YU-RISのymv形式に対応。
・LOST CHILDの抽出が正常に行われなくなっていたのを修正し、SUR形式に対応。
・Fate/stay nightへの対応が甘かったので修正。
・Willのアーカイブに開けないものがあった問題を修正。
・WIPのマスク合成時にWIPとMSKのファイル数をチェックし、一致しなければ合成しないように変更。
・PNG変換により一部のタイトルの画像の色がおかしくなるバグを修正。
・変換せずに抽出する機能を実装。
・文字列の処理を独自の文字列クラスで行うように変更。
http://atelibet.s11.xrea.com/side_yuu/
http://twin.tn.st/
Old 2009-04-18, 03:53
Visitor

Does someone have a manual or text file or help file or something IN ENGLISH for ExtractData? I'd like to know what the different menu options do.

And also can you add support for the game Immaterial and Missing Power in the next version of this program? If you do make sure it specifically outputs PNG files when extracting from this game (not BMP files), because PNG supports tranparency (alpha channel) which IS used in the images in this game. BMP does NOT have the ability to have transparency in the images, thus saving as BMP would ruin important information. Transparency is needed if you ever want to put the image on a different background. If saved as a BMP file, it will automatically FORCE a background color on the transparent part of the image, which is NOT good.

Last edited by Videogamer555; 2009-04-18 at 03:57.
Old 2009-04-18, 05:31
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
And also can you add support for...
Who are you talking to?
Old 2009-04-18, 07:48
dsp2003

Quote:
BMP does NOT have the ability to have transparency in the images, thus saving as BMP would ruin important information.
Actually, you're wrong about the BMP format - it CAN handle alpha-channels (PhotoShop, Gimp and several other tools reading and recognising the BMP alphas without a single glitch), but the current ExtractData implementation simply drops the alpha information as "unnecessary", so please use CRASS instead.
Old 2009-04-18, 11:00
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Who are you talking to?
I was talking to the guy who was documenting each new version of the ExtractData program, since I figured he was affiliated with the maker of this software. And yes I think that gam IaMP, should have native support in ExtractData. Currently I have to use a Susie plugin for that game's format, and only one such plugin seems to exist and it uses BMP. But if I could convince the maker of ExtractData to include native support for the game IaMP, and to have it output images as PNG, then that would be GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp2003 View Post
Actually, you're wrong about the BMP format - it CAN handle alpha-channels (PhotoShop, Gimp and several other tools reading and recognising the BMP alphas without a single glitch), but the current ExtractData implementation simply drops the alpha information as "unnecessary", so please use CRASS instead.
Actually the problem isn't with ExtractData's implementation of BMP, because I'm using a Susie plugin for the game IaMP. So the plugin has the problem, which is one reason ExtractData should be set to work natively with that game, and should then either output to PNG or should add support of alpha chnnel in BMP (if that's even possible).

But here is why I doubt that BMP can handle transparency. I can tell you from personal experience in Adobe Photoshop CS2 that when I save as a BMP file, ANY TRANSPARENCY that had been in the image is converted to white color. And since Photoshop is PROFESSIONAL quality software, I'm sure that if alpha channel support COULD exist in BMP files, that it WOULD be included in Photoshop.

And finally, where can I get Crass? And does it support Susie plugins?

Last edited by Videogamer555; 2009-04-18 at 11:03.
Old 2009-04-18, 11:08
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP_file_format

Also, no one on these forums has any connection to the guy making ExtractData.
Old 2009-04-18, 12:19
dsp2003

The problem is EXACTLY in ExtractData, since I've tried to extract images from "natively" supported Ethornell Buriko General Interpreter-based eroges, like Edelweiss, Da Capo and Tail Tale.

And thank you very much for the prooflink, Moogy. ^_^

Because most of regular software cannot normally handle 32-bit Bitmap files, I've wrote Image Tool of my own, which gladly accept alpha-channeled BMP\TGA\PNG and can easely convert each one into another.

P.S. Your glorious PhotoShop is actually bloated and overpriced piece of crap. Bear with it.
Old 2009-04-18, 14:44
Visitor

Ok. I finally figured out how Photoshop handles the Alpha channel. Graphics has 2 ways to encode transparent regions (as I've learned now from Photoshop), which at first I thought were equivalent (before I figured it out in Photoshop):
Transparency
Alpha Channel

At these are NOT actually equivalent. And depending on your software, they can be handled in different ways from each other (or ignored completely on cheap software).

In Photoshop the alpha channel it handles as a 4th color channel (in addition to R, G, and B). It does NOT handle it as true transparency. The way it displays it is as a redish overlay on the image (like holding a red color filter over the image). Portions of the image which the alpha channel say should be more transparent, have a deeper red color. Portions which the alpha channel say should be less transparent (more opaque or solid) have a much weaker of a red overlay. This CAN be saved in a BMP file.

Transparency in photoshop IS handled as actual transparency. However the way that photoshop store this "transparency" is NOT able to be saved in BMP files. The way that photoshop handles transparency is ONLY able to be saved in 3 file formats I've seen (PSD photoshop file), PNG, and GIF (only works in "indexed" color mode).

I'm not sure, but both of these might be standard ways of saving transparency, just that photoshop can distinguish between which way it was done. Now the Gimp, that's a different story.

The Gimp shows transparency coded transparent areas of an image in the same way that it shows alpha chanel coded transparent areas (which by the way is the same as the way photoshop handles transparency, but not alpha channel). This way of doing it shows any portion of the image that is supposed to be transparent (regaurdless of how it is coded in the image file) as transparent. What this means is that anything behind the layer containing transparent parts will show through said parts. If nothing is behind these parts then a checkerboard pattern is shown their (again photoshop does this, but ONLY for transparency coded transparency, not alpha channel coded transparency). In the gimp the 2 ways to make an image transparent are COMPLETELY indestinguishable from each other. While good for most cases, this might be bad if you really had a reason to know how the transparency was implemented in the particular image.

So both programs have their advantages, it's just that I had to get used to how Photoshop did this, because I don't often work with images that have transparency. I was sort of out of practice.

The real problem will be getting a graphics conversion software that can convert 32bit BMP files into PNG files, while converting the alpha channel into transparency. ACDSee can convert BMP into PNG, but it chops off the extra 8 bits to make it 24bits per pixel, which kills the alpha channel in the BMP file, so the output PNG file has NO transparency or alpha channel.

Last edited by Videogamer555; 2009-04-18 at 14:54.
Old 2009-04-18, 14:54
Regular

http://www.imagemagick.org/
Old 2009-04-19, 12:22
Visitor

Can someone write an English help file (can be plain text, doesn't have to be Windows .hlp file), for ExtractData 1.20? I'm in serious need of something that explains what the different buttons various options menus do.

And also on a related note, is there any English help file for HCG Converter? It has some pretty cool looking possibilities from the few English words I can see in the menues (something about an LZ decoding test, and something else about XOR, sounds neat!). But the full titles for these features as well as the captions for the various settings associated with each feature are in Japanese. Please someone provide a bit of assistance here.
Old 2009-04-21, 21:42
Unregistered

Hey, what happened to the site?

And was this the tool where they were trying to get repack support in?
Old 2009-05-02, 18:43
Obsessive

why did the site went down just when I needed it most = =
Old 2009-05-02, 20:12
Regular

I mirrored the latest version over at TLWiki since I knew people would need it. Here you go:

http://tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php...ractData120.7z
http://tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php...Data120_src.7z
Old 2009-12-06, 10:47
Obsessive

God damn minori, i wish you will burn in hell for this