gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #136  
Old 2011-11-25, 05:21
swiftnissity swiftnissity is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 231
Default

JAST USA Status Update

Quick Summery:
My Girlfriend is the president: In printing - release mid to late december

Yumina: Before AX2012

School Days: Resolving Technical Issues - Early 2012 release

Seinarukana: Translation 30% complete, images 100% complete

Saya/hanachirasu: Waiting on Nitro+

Sumaga: Early 2012, in talks for a trial

Django: In translation

Kikokugai: Still pending

Blaze: Early 2012

Starless: Work has begun

Starry Sky: Still under consideration
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 2011-11-27, 21:34
Stranger Stranger is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Strange Location
Posts: 539
Default

New Doujin Publisher, Nyu Media, Publishing Japanese Indie Games
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/27...e-indie-games/

Official site: http://nyu-media.com/
__________________
yes, I am some random idiot, please feel free to ignore me
fight censorship in all its types
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 2011-11-28, 07:24
fujifruit's Avatar
fujifruit fujifruit is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
New Doujin Publisher, Nyu Media, Publishing Japanese Indie Games
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/27...e-indie-games/

Official site: http://nyu-media.com/
Quote:
Guide Miley through idyllic Cherry Tree Town as she makes new friends and endeavors to persuade them to join her high school comedy club in this anime-style comic adventure game.
I don't understand why they would do this.
__________________
Air freshener.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 2011-11-29, 02:46
d_fallen_god's Avatar
d_fallen_god d_fallen_god is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: In Galgame World
Posts: 63
Send a message via AIM to d_fallen_god Send a message via MSN to d_fallen_god Send a message via Yahoo to d_fallen_god
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujifruit View Post
I don't understand why they would do this.
well in my opinion would be they just want to support those indie games...

and not to mention all of them seems nice....

but yeah it is questionable....
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 2011-11-29, 06:13
VDZ's Avatar
VDZ VDZ is offline
Local
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 101
Send a message via MSN to VDZ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_fallen_god View Post
well in my opinion would be they just want to support those indie games...

and not to mention all of them seems nice....

but yeah it is questionable....
He was talking about westernizing names.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 2011-11-29, 07:35
d_fallen_god's Avatar
d_fallen_god d_fallen_god is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: In Galgame World
Posts: 63
Send a message via AIM to d_fallen_god Send a message via MSN to d_fallen_god Send a message via Yahoo to d_fallen_god
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
He was talking about westernizing names.
yeah I got the idea what he is trying to say.....

though I find their intentions are good
(supporting the indie developers....)

but.....

:-/ hmmmm

mahh it doesn't matter......
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 2011-12-02, 06:51
swiftnissity swiftnissity is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Randomly timed detailed status update (don't expect too many of these)

- Final chapter 30% ported
- Chapter 4 100% edited
- Chapter 5 25% edited
- Deciding on font, size, and spacing for subtitles
- Receiving daily builds from 0verflow, and not too many crashes yet

As for the question of new routes, there has been several reworked paths already before the final chapter. There are a few more endings compared to the original. When I say 30% ported it's not including the new stuff.

Ever since project diva extend came out my productivity's dropped like a rock. Sorry!
http://www.jastusa.com/forums/viewto...rt=225#p108946
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 2011-12-03, 12:38
swiftnissity swiftnissity is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 231
Default

This was pointed out on the JAST forums and I'm kind of surprised no other companies have done it.
http://www.jastusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7364

'Tail Wind' apparently released 2 versions of their game Trample on "Schatten!!" back in 2009.
The boxed version was censored.
The digital version however was uncensored.

The digital version can be purchased here: http://www.schatten-kai.com/
CG Page with uncensored images: http://www.schatten-kai.com/gallery.html

According to the JAST forums:
As for how they got past the law, the server the game is hosted on is in the US and they charge US dollars for it. Japanese people can still purchase and download the game however.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 2011-12-04, 02:32
arkady18 arkady18 is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
According to the JAST forums:
As for how they got past the law, the server the game is hosted on is in the US and they charge US dollars for it. Japanese people can still purchase and download the game however.
I don't know Japanese law about ero and such (well, I don't even know the law of my own country, so...) but isn't this still illegal in Japan? I mean, if they don't allow people to sell/buy stupid drawnings of genitals, is it legal to own in your PC a downloaded copy of an uncensored game? I don't know how their law works, but I suppose they can't buy Western porn without mosaics.

ps: personally I don't care about having mosaics in ero scenes (and personally I'd prefer not having ero scenes at all, but that's me), but I took a look at the uncensored pics and they DO suck... with mosaics they would be better, as the parts that should have been censored were drawned very very very bad...

Edit: I followed the link for the download page, and there's a movie that seems to have as main purpose to market and sponsor the fact that the download version is uncensored. How funny.

Last edited by arkady18; 2011-12-04 at 02:36.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 2011-12-04, 04:50
swiftnissity swiftnissity is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkady18 View Post
I don't know Japanese law about ero and such (well, I don't even know the law of my own country, so...) but isn't this still illegal in Japan? I mean, if they don't allow people to sell/buy stupid drawnings of genitals, is it legal to own in your PC a downloaded copy of an uncensored game? I don't know how their law works, but I suppose they can't buy Western porn without mosaics.

ps: personally I don't care about having mosaics in ero scenes (and personally I'd prefer not having ero scenes at all, but that's me), but I took a look at the uncensored pics and they DO suck... with mosaics they would be better, as the parts that should have been censored were drawned very very very bad...

Edit: I followed the link for the download page, and there's a movie that seems to have as main purpose to market and sponsor the fact that the download version is uncensored. How funny.
If what I read is accurate:
Its legal on the companies end as-long as its not aimed at Japan purchasing it and nothing uncensored is hosted/stored in Japan. Effectively meaning in this case it's 'aimed' at Americans that speak Japanese.

However, while its legal for a Japanese resident to purchase it, it is illegal for them to download it.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 2011-12-04, 18:42
d_fallen_god's Avatar
d_fallen_god d_fallen_god is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: In Galgame World
Posts: 63
Send a message via AIM to d_fallen_god Send a message via MSN to d_fallen_god Send a message via Yahoo to d_fallen_god
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnissity View Post
This was pointed out on the JAST forums and I'm kind of surprised no other companies have done it.
http://www.jastusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7364

'Tail Wind' apparently released 2 versions of their game Trample on "Schatten!!" back in 2009.
The boxed version was censored.
The digital version however was uncensored.

The digital version can be purchased here: http://www.schatten-kai.com/
CG Page with uncensored images: http://www.schatten-kai.com/gallery.html

According to the JAST forums:
As for how they got past the law, the server the game is hosted on is in the US and they charge US dollars for it. Japanese people can still purchase and download the game however.
Well another correction....

Its not really "Tail Wind" who done this...

its under "DesignFactory"

They licensed the game and they didn't put it in Japan Server but North America Server which is very clever....

And this is not Japan version but North America Version....
very very Clever........

XD
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 2011-12-04, 21:57
Stranger Stranger is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Strange Location
Posts: 539
Default

any site is accountable with the government it's servers are hosted in, it doesn't matter where the customer are from, the physical location of the server is what matters. The only reason I can see them invoicing in US$ instead of JPY is for the same reason MG invoice in Euro instead of US$... tax mess! (me believe)

of course Japan is within its rights to block access to sites that violate its local laws (AKA, internet censorship). The question is, does the Japanese government block access to western porn sites? if not, then they can't block access to this site. At the same time they can't track back the people who purchased this title without invading the individuals privacy.

So unless the individual get into trouble with the police and give them access to his/her PC... they are safe to own the uncensored title!
__________________
yes, I am some random idiot, please feel free to ignore me
fight censorship in all its types
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 2011-12-05, 03:53
Stranger Stranger is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Strange Location
Posts: 539
Default

sorry for the double post,

there is something I've been wondering about, is there any reason for eroge to use mosaics instead of doing what manga's do? (just add a black par to the tips instead of censoring the full gold member)

In both the manga and eroge, you are dealing with still images (mostly), so why is one using mosaics and the other isn't? Is it some sort of a rating requirement?
__________________
yes, I am some random idiot, please feel free to ignore me
fight censorship in all its types
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 2011-12-06, 12:32
swiftnissity swiftnissity is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 231
Default

My Girlfriend is the President – Release Notes

Quote:
To reiterate, no content has been censored, removed, or edited in any way that might resemble censorship.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 2011-12-06, 12:39
Pencil Pencil is offline
Visitor
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
He was talking about westernizing names.
Just as a question, what was her name in the original version?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News IV: A New Hope? zalas General Discussion 1040 2011-07-12 20:37
General News 3: It Isn't Over Yet! zalas General Discussion 1500 2010-04-26 19:28
General News: Continuing Coverage Unregistered General Discussion 300 2007-07-19 06:20
General News AstCd2 General Discussion 605 2007-02-01 07:59


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 20:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.