gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-01-30, 11:58
Omgwtflolzz

_,,,..   -   .,,_
           ,,.. - "          、`  、
          /               )、、 \
        /                ノ ヽ   ヽ、
        /                ル'   ヾ   ヽ
       /                /      ゙i,   ゙i
       j              ,ィ/      ゙i,  |
      lィ'             ,ィ/j/          |  iリ
       |        /l /          '"` |  |l
       リ!     ./,ノ           _,、=''~`ヘ ,リ
        ゙!     l/   ,:-=ー-ミ、.,,_,.ノ /(,,(::)  ‐V
       ヽ,/`ヽヽ .ト、   (_(::) - 、,.-ト!    ,ノ
       , ヘ  ゙iヽl `ヽ,r'      ノ ヾー--‐''゙|
      ,,.く  ゙i   ゙i    ヽ、 __,,、-'"    〉    i      / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
   ハ'  ゙!   ゙i  ,!                i.......,,,,,,,,____|  
   ゙、゙i,__r'゙゙>ー┬-!      r _______ ,   ,!;\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|    だが断る
      ,゙V" ゙ヽ;;;!::::ヽ      `ー─''''"   /;;;;;;;;ヽ;;;;;;;;<  
   ,.、;;'";;;;ヽ. - ''^゙~ ゙ヽ.、       ,,.、-─‐- .〈;;;;;;;;;;;;;ヽ;;;;;;;;;|
,.、;;;'";;;;;;;/;;r'  -‐‐'''"~ヾ 、    (.r‐'''""゙"''''y.);;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;〉;;;;;;\____________
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;l;;;|     _,,..、-‐^ヾ 、   ヽ    ,/'゙!;;;;;;;;;;;;∠、;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;j;;;;|           ,⊥丶-ー ゙i    :レ' ゙!;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;!;;;:;|        -‐''"  ゙)ゝ、、 !   !.   !;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;!;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Old 2007-02-07, 09:47
velocity7

Well, update on the CLANNAD project...

We've got about seven translators working on the project now, talk about collaboration. For now this is what I plan to do:

TRANSLATION PHASE
  • All translation happens during this phase
  • Translation quirks are fixed on an occasional basis

EDITING PHASE
  • All text must be checked over for consistency
  • Translation must be accurate
  • Finalized Guidelines will be decided during this time, based off current version of Guidelines
  • Guidelines must be followed, period

ALPHA PHASE
  • All SEEN pages on the wiki will be locked and left for archival purposes, so people may discuss them as necessary
  • A select number of people will be picked for internal testing. Who I pick will be dependent on how many people help out with the project, whether it be editing, translating, or even improving the layout of the wiki (e.g., must be dedicated)
  • Alpha phase will be for the majority of testing things like text that extends beyond the window, minor game bugs/glitches, etc.
  • Alpha phase will last a period of time (undecided)

BETA PHASE
  • Registration will open up to approximate number of people (undecided) who must submit an application and explain why they are suitable for testing the translation
  • During beta phase, people will be given routes to play through, though it is quite possible some stuff may be missed due to the interactive nature of the game
  • Beta phase will last until all routes have been played through and all things checked out

Of course though, this entire plan is subject to change, as I'm still thinking about it. B)

Last edited by velocity7; 2007-02-07 at 09:58.
Old 2007-02-07, 10:09
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

Rofl... this brings back memories known as the horror of Tsukihime Alpha Testing and Editing... that was hillarious =D.... hillariously sad... >.>;;
Old 2007-02-07, 10:10
Local

Send a message via AIM to tea panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misu View Post
Rofl... this brings back memories known as the horror of Tsukihime Alpha Testing and Editing... that was hillarious =D.... hillariously sad... >.>;;
Oh god... >_>;;
Old 2007-02-07, 11:02
velocity7

Bad memories, huh? ;)
Old 2007-02-07, 11:59
Roto

I find it a little odd that the translation itself is being conducted in such an open and collaborative manner, but that as soon as actual patches start getting involved, it's suddenly closed and secretive. It's understandable to pass around some internal test versions before making a public release, but making a big deal of it (especially when you start accepting applications for testers) it starts to look a lot more like elitism, even if that's not how it's intended. Just be careful how you handle this.
Old 2007-02-07, 12:39
velocity7

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking it over at the moment. I'm not sure how it's gonna all work out...

What would you guys suggest? I still think the Translation and Editing phases will be required.
Old 2007-02-07, 17:41
Local

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku

A script too would be good too. Like for people to follow along for PS2 versions.
Old 2007-02-07, 18:41
inuyasha9854

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Yeah, that's why I'm thinking it over at the moment. I'm not sure how it's gonna all work out...

What would you guys suggest? I still think the Translation and Editing phases will be required.
Well, Translation and Editing will be required, but Editing will be broken down into the initial one that leads into the internal Alpha - which should probably stay within the confines of the contributors.

After alpha testing is complete, there's another editing phase to make the necessary corrections.

After this editing phase, I suggest you set a maximum number of slots for beta testing, have people submit online using a form that'll store into a database.

Set a deadline for beta testing applications, but don't ask for why they should be a part of it, instead, after the deadline, just use a script to randomly select people from the database of applications.

Fill up the number of available slots, then conduct beta testing.

Contributors are kept outta the beta slots, but are still part of the beta testing.

Gather reports, make corrections as necessary (third editing phase), and release the final patch.
Old 2007-02-07, 20:03
velocity7

Hm, you write it as if you've done this before. :D
Old 2007-02-07, 20:51
inuyasha9854

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Hm, you write it as if you've done this before. :D
^_^> Mayhaps, I write as it makes sense to me, and is fair overall. ^^
Old 2007-02-07, 21:47

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

You might want to rename the Editing Phase to "Revision Phase." That way, it emphasizes more of fixing things that may have slipped through instead of being more like a full rewrite. Furthermore, having it named "Editing Phase" makes it sound like all you need are editors who are good at English, which is not the case since you need people who understand Japanese to be able to check the translation.