gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-01-16, 14:29
Ex-boss

Default Kanon anime (split from AIR TV thread)

(This is getting completely off-topic, so I'm moving it out of the AIR thread.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipgate
Incidentally Haeleth, if you're going ahead and watching Air, go back and watch Kanon TV!
I tried a while back. I decided not to bother watching any more when Ayu's Alice band turned up in Yuuichi's luggage while he was unpacking.

So far, at least, the changes in AIR have involved cutting things out rather than adding them pointlessly...
Old 2005-01-16, 21:37
Obsessive

Aw, give it a try... it is an adaptation, some things are going to be different, but it might not be entirely pointless by the end. Well, (shrugs) up to you I guess, but I still think you'd enjoy it once you got out of the first couple episodes. (shrugs)

Slipgate
Old 2005-01-17, 07:25
Regular

Hrm. I'd like to throw my vote for not watching the Kanon anime. I really don't see any point to it if you've played the game (and even if you haven't the animation is quite painful).
Old 2005-01-17, 11:01
Obsessive

That's all well and good, but one should always try something themselves before they totally knock it, otherwise we wouldn't even be here talking about Key stuff. While I disagree about the quality of the anime, I respect that Haeleth gave it a shot and decided "meh" though I am going to be like aww. Anyway, I wouldn't be here were it not for the Kanon anime so (shrugs). I'll also respect your opinion but someone may like it and may be more into playing the game or seeing/playing other Key works having seen it, and it's still a Key-involved production... so I would never tell someone to skip out completely but to give it a try.

As a personal note, judging from what I've now learned about Michiru and how some things went in episode 2 (of Air), I'd say that Kanon's anime gave more context in an internal sense (minor things like "why does Child Mai wear bunny ears?" don't really throw the understanding of what's happening then and there) and could be watched on its own as a sensible story. IMHO, anyway.

Slipgate
Old 2005-01-17, 12:12
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Donut Send a message via MSN to Donut

Hmm do you really think the art in Kanon is so bad ? tougth it was pretty ok.
Old 2005-01-17, 15:22

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

The Kanon anime character designs were a bit odd, with the really high lips. Other than that I kinda liked it.
Old 2005-01-17, 15:38
adun50

well I liked the Kanon anime and the art. though I was more surprised when I actually played the game itself.
Old 2005-01-17, 17:51
Obsessive

Eek, sorry I got us so off-topic as to necessitate a split. Anyway, I didn't mean to create any sort of conflict... just saw Haeleth watching Air and thought I'd ask him if he was thinking of giving Kanon another go. That's about it.

Slipgate
Old 2005-01-17, 18:48
Ex-boss

Reasonable question. I'm not sure what you're apologising for, it's not like this is exactly on-topic central. ;)

Back to the no-longer off-topic topic... the Kanon anime seems to be one of those things that everybody either loves or hates, like Marmite.

(Sits back and waits to see whether he can derail a discussion as effectively.)
Old 2005-01-17, 19:02
Obsessive

What's Marmite? :) If I know that, I can derail it like a pro for you :).

Slipgate
Old 2005-01-17, 20:26
Local

possibly Maria-sama ga miteru?

haeleth: the kanon anime was good. just different from the game. watch it! it was the best bishoujo game to anime conversion of 2002 anyways.
Old 2005-01-17, 23:02
AzureLight

I found myself dropping the anime after watching some of ep1. I just... er...

I think why they left out I've and the original songs were my reason O_o but of course, knowing the storyline already may be another...
Old 2005-01-17, 23:34
Keisuke

I've watched Anime version first, and then I played the game version(The Anime inspired me to play the game =P)

I have to admit that I really loved Anime Kanon before I played the game...

After finishing the game, the Anime just didn't seem good to me as it used to anymore...
Old 2005-01-18, 01:30
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
Reasonable question. I'm not sure what you're apologising for, it's not like this is exactly on-topic central. ;)

Back to the no-longer off-topic topic... the Kanon anime seems to be one of those things that everybody either loves or hates, like Marmite.

(Sits back and waits to see whether he can derail a discussion as effectively.)
That card would be more effective if you took a stand on the marimite question :)

edit: oh, you mean 'Marmite' (the yeast spread stuff). I gotcha. Gah. Marmite is awful! There's a reason why it never caught on in the rest of the world:)

Though back to the point, I actually liked the TV animation. It was different from the game, wasn't animated as well as it could have, but overall wasn't bad.
Old 2005-01-18, 05:19
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by procyon
That card would be more effective if you took a stand on the marimite question :)
Another anime I've never watched.

Quote:
edit: oh, you mean 'Marmite' (the yeast spread stuff). I gotcha. Gah. Marmite is awful! There's a reason why it never caught on in the rest of the world:)
At last, someone understands!

It's lovely. And it did catch on in the rest of the world... kind of. At least, the Australians love their rip-off of the stuff. (Vegemite, for those who still don't know what I'm blathering about.)
Closed Thread