gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-01-07, 17:51
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Anath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futago-tachi View Post
Anath, perhaps could you check and post which files under the WAV hierarchy aren't encrypted (i.e. playable via double-click)?
None of the files in the top-folder WAV folder are playable. However, those are the only ones with encryption, as all files in WAV/LP and WAV/MINIGAME are playable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futago-tachi
Well, here's a sort-of temporary solution: go and download the Higurashi demo here. Install it. Now, copy (or move) the WAV directory to the folder that contains the higurashi translation patch files. This will at least take care of sound effects that show up in Onikakushi. There are other sounds that get used in the other 3 games, but at least this will take care of most of them.
Ooh, thanks, I never thought of that. I'll make sure to do that ^^ (though, I will backup the original sound files).
Old 2008-01-07, 18:52
Sonozaki Futago-tachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anath View Post
Ooh, thanks, I never thought of that. I'll make sure to do that ^^ (though, I will backup the original sound files).
Actually, I suggested to copy the top-level WAV folder and its sound effect files to the translation patch's directory, not the original JP game directory. This will
work while leaving the original game alone.

Anyway, thanks for checking! That makes only 12 wav files (in the top level WAV folder) that wouldn't be accounted for by the demo's sound files, none of which are used in Onikakushi.

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2008-01-08, 08:02
Unregistered

does this patch work on all the first 4 games or just Himatsubushi-hen, also does anyone know where i can buy the games as i have looked everywhere and cant find them, many thanks
Old 2008-01-08, 12:21
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
does this patch work on all the first 4 games or just Himatsubushi-hen, also does anyone know where i can buy the games as i have looked everywhere and cant find them, many thanks
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=9900000423

Or wait for the downloadables, which will be even cheaper as there won't be shipping or anything like that to worry about.
Old 2008-01-09, 17:59
Sonozaki Futago-tachi

Exclamation "Fix" for the sound effects in downloaded Higurashi

I've gotten together more of an actual fix for the unplayable sound files in paid download versions of Higurashi. You can get the zip file at: link removed

Extract the files in wav_fix.zip to the translation patch directory, and run onscripter.exe to play. (You can remove the WAV directory from the translation patch folder, if you did my temporary solution using the Higurashi demo.)

The (soon to come) Day 4 release will have this fix more tightly integrated, but I thought folks would appreciate being able to have a fix right away.

You don't need to get this fix if you're playing the demo or CD release of Higurashi, but if you do it won't hurt anything ^_^

Enjoy!

Last edited by Sonozaki Futago-tachi; 2008-01-25 at 14:38. Reason: removed old link
Old 2008-01-09, 19:09
Roto

Do you have the source code for your modified ONscripter (both for this latest fix and for any other modifications you've made to make your patches work) posted somewhere, for those of us who are running platforms other than Windows?
Old 2008-01-09, 19:14
Sonozaki Futago-tachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto View Post
Do you have the source code for your modified ONscripter (both for this latest fix and for any other modifications you've made to make your patches work) posted somewhere, for those of us who are running platforms other than Windows?
Actually, they will be included in the next release of ONscripter, which Haeleth is getting together. If you want to try a build before the release, you can get the source code from the SVN repository site: http://svn.haeleth.net/

Old 2008-01-10, 00:54
Roto

Cool, thanks. It will probably be a while before I get around to playing (I've got a backlog of games and life keeps me pretty busy so I don't play much) but when I do, it's always nice to be able to play without having to run a virtual machine.
Old 2008-01-12, 23:27
SL

Thanks for the patch! It's awesome :)
My Japanese sucks too much to read anything without Furigana, and plenty of time lol. So you guys are a Godsend.
Will the patch for day 4 also work for the demo?
Old 2008-01-12, 23:30
Sonozaki Futago-tachi

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL View Post
Will the patch for day 4 also work for the demo?
Yup, we'll make a separate Day 4 patch for the demo.

Old 2008-01-13, 12:32
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futago-tachi View Post
Yup, we'll make a separate Day 4 patch for the demo.
That's great!
You guys are the greatest :D
Old 2008-01-14, 23:31
Sonozaki Futago-tachi

Talking Onikakushi Day 4 is ready!

Sorry to make you all wait. ;)

The Sonozaki Futago-tachi English patch for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Onikakushi (Day 4) is now ready! Check out our RapidShare folder at http://rapidshare.com/users/MQK6IW.
It has patches for both the Higurashi Demo as well as the full Higurashi (aka Himatsubushi)

You can download the demo game here.

To install a patch, simply unzip the contents into a subdirectory of the original Japanese game; double-click "onscripter-en.exe" to play.

I've also added a version of onscripter for all you Mac OS X users; download it from http://rapidshare.com/files/83920439...n-20080112.dmg. You should be able to drop the onscripter-en.app file from the dmg image into your translation patch subdirectory, and double-click to play.

{EDIT}
By the way, Day 4 contains material that didn't appear in the anime, so you get a taste of new stuff. We also tidied-up the previous days and prologue, for a few typos, a missing line, some writing, Japanese name order, and "hauu"s ;)
{/EDIT}

Please let us know what you think!
Also let me know if you have problems installing or running a patch.

Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)

Last edited by Sonozaki Futago-tachi; 2008-01-25 at 14:40. Reason: more info; fixed script bug; removed old links
Old 2008-01-15, 00:40
Visitor

Fantastic! You just made my day! this day 4 is my sunshine within the cold winter! Continue your great work! You are the best!
Old 2008-01-15, 17:25
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Anath

Ooh, thank you much! I greatly appreciate it ^^
Old 2008-01-16, 10:10
Unregistered

Thank you so much for translating Higurashi!

I just installed the Day 4 patch, and for some reason the game quits when it tries to load the save menu... I've tried deleting my saves, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but to no avail. Am I missing something?