gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-09, 02:31
Unregistered

thank you, asceai.
Old 2009-08-09, 14:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how are they dense? they are reacting to outside intervention from a group who is obviously only using their field of work as a means to gain more attention. not like some of them even made rape sim games anyway.
Ugh.

Well I suppose it isn't dense, but is this really the best way to handle the situation? Trying to block themselves and their games off from the rest of the world?
Old 2009-08-09, 16:23
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultama121 View Post
Ugh.

Well I suppose it isn't dense, but is this really the best way to handle the situation? Trying to block themselves and their games off from the rest of the world?
they primary market isnt affected at all. and those who really wanted to access anything would eventually find their way around the problem. and im sure acting defiantly in this situation feels pretty good.

i pose another question: what else can they do except keeping quiet and try not to attract attention to themselves? you dont expect them to come out and post an international article apologizing for "how much the eroge industry has been as a factor promoting sexual violence towards women"<-as claimed, when not all companies produce these types in the first place. so they should just sit there like the cute kittens they are and wait for rights activists to limit the companies' scope of genres to publish?
Old 2009-08-09, 17:23
Posts way too much

I think they could probably just keep doing what they've always done, really. Ignore the outside world. They don't have to make a statement; they don't even have to acknowledge the whole situation. I don't care about that; what I care about is the fact that I've poured an insane amount of money into the eroge industry - more than most native Japanese players of eroge, I'm pretty sure, and I don't appreciate being snubbed in this way. Of course, I'm not actually going to 'vote with my wallet' and start boycotting companies that block me from playing their games, because I'm too addicted. So I really can't do anything*, and it sucks.

*well, I do send mail telling the companies in question exactly what I think of this policy, and I even get replies occasionally, but of course nothing changes so it's the same as doing nothing at all

If the eroge companies really do think they need to do this, there's no convincing them otherwise. And I'd rather, above all else, that the eroge industry stay alive and healthy, even if every eroge company has to block foreign IPs.
Old 2009-08-10, 00:25

^Agreed with you there.
Old 2009-08-10, 00:57
Local

What do the company replies say?
And I totally agree with Asceai also. So I can't add nothing more, cause he said it all.
Old 2009-08-10, 04:03
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
perhaps moogy would like to list the eroge OP movies that came out this year that weren't lame as hell
Would you prefer it if I phrased it as "lame as hell in comparison to previous minori OPs?"

I don't even like Shinkai to begin with (fantastic animator, bad director), but if minori is lazy enough to shit out a shameless, soulless ripoff of his work, then... whatever, man.

I'm fine with eroge OPs not being fully animated tbqh. Style trumps budget in this regard.
Old 2009-08-10, 05:44
Local

I'd agree with Moogy; I don't like past-ktknn(which is his best work imo) Shinkai. While hoshi no koe was tolerable, his next works are just horrible.
Old 2009-08-10, 08:26
Unregistered

I liked the 5 cm music video though. Actual movie was rubbish like the previous ones.
Old 2009-08-10, 16:09
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
Would you prefer it if I phrased it as "lame as hell in comparison to previous minori OPs?"

I don't even like Shinkai to begin with (fantastic animator, bad director), but if minori is lazy enough to shit out a shameless, soulless ripoff of his work, then... whatever, man.
I have issue with the concept that this is a soulless ripoff of his work. Yes, it's very clearly inspired by his stuff, and uses a lot of similar themes, such as:

Quote:
Nice job reusing the running scene from the tlt OP...
Now, see, in 'reusing' you mean that they included a very similar running scene. It plainly wasn't 'reused' e.g. in the same way Disney traces over earlier animation. If you play the two side by side you can see that.

I thought the OP video was pretty damn good. True, it was a ripoff of Shinkai's style, but I felt it still looked great, even from the perspective of one who had seen all the earlier OP videos he did for minori. I doubt it would have been at all easy or cheap to create either.

minori was in a bit of an unfortunate position. Everyone expects a pretty animated OP from minori, with all the Makoto Shinkai-esque stuff, but clearly they shouldn't get Shinkai this time! So, what else could they do? Remember that people still buy minori games because of the OP videos =P

Quote:
I'm fine with eroge OPs not being fully animated tbqh. Style trumps budget in this regard.
Agreed. Most animated OPs aren't animated well enough to make it worthwhile anyway. One of my favourite eroge OPs is the one for "Clover Heart's" and it's entirely scripted using the VN engine; isn't a video at all. Furthermore, even after eden*'s OP, my favourite OP video released this year is still the one for Une Fille Blanche, huge amounts of nudity and blood aside.

Last edited by Asceai; 2009-08-10 at 16:20.
Old 2009-08-11, 05:20
Local

While I'm truely surprised Shinkai is not in charge nor involved for a minori Soft OP..which he's been ever since the very beginning (from Bittersweet Fools on, ANGEL TYPE aside which wasn't a (sole) minori title to begin with) I'm not shocked at all that the eden* demo movie is handled in the same veins with stylistic resemblance to the demo/insert movie for the latter tale. at all...I mean, aside of what Asceai mentioned (the "minority crowd" expecting something that keeps the styling conducted going on) take a look at the demo movie animation credits and you'll see people (sata = key animation director for the latter tale. demo animation, tsukune. = 3D Animation director of the latter tale. demo animation and Tatsuya Yuuki...is on board minori since at least Wind and those aware of his STUDIO S.D.T. producing know best what coloration this artist is able to produce aside of been amongst line producers for the ef project as well) listed which actually worked on the movie for the latter tale. alongside director Makoto Shinkai.

As for the general comments concerning Shinkai's works...I disliked Byousoku 5 Centimeter *a lot* as it made me realize that this director won't be capable to pull-off something of the greatness IMO Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho has been (which I regard as his best or most impressive film for creating such emotional atmosphere that interacts with the emo touch of his visuals combined with Tenmon's wonderful score just perfectly). Still even though I don't know what to think or better said expect coming from this director past 5 Centimeter his name certainly stands for top-notch and impressive visuals..hence I must admit I would have loved (and expected actually) to see Chikotam and KIMchee's (btw. I knew the male chara designs were clearly not Chikotam handled..but it was quite surprising to get the confirmation that it really *is* KIMchee in charge there once again..his style has certainly changed quite a bit since Haru no Ashioto) in Shinkai's unique "style" (after all that guy disproved my theory with his work on ef that it would be impossible to faithfully render the coloration and drawing style of Naru Nanao for Animation at all).

Aside of that..great to see Tenmon *and* Eiichirou Yanagi will be back (this team-up left an amaz