gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-05, 08:05
Obsessive

Fans are only doing it because no one else will. I'm sure they'll be crying all through the year of free time that opened up for them if someone else picks it up.
Old 2009-07-05, 08:17
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTX View Post
Fans are only doing it because no one else will. I'm sure they'll be crying all through the year of free time that opened up for them if someone else picks it up.
Not at all. I thoroughly enjoy the time I've spent translating TH2 (>2 years), and if it were to suddenly get licensed for a real release, I'd be more than happy to drop it overnight. It's the games I wish to support and more power to us if more official English releases come out.
Old 2009-07-05, 09:06
Unregistered

Quote:
Question for anyone who's used mangagamer downloading.

Lack of a hard copy means I can't lend it to my friend. Does it restrict you to 1 IP/1 download?

And how much did Kira Kira work out to after tax (US or CAN $)?

And the new company doesn't seem to know that we like nice things.
1.One download per IP at a time.
2. 51.62 USD
59.99 CAD
Old 2009-07-05, 10:42
Obsessive

By 1 download per IP, does that mean a second IP could download it (within the week)?

And thanks for the numbers.
Old 2009-07-05, 10:43
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by conman View Post
Not at all. I thoroughly enjoy the time I've spent translating TH2 (>2 years), and if it were to suddenly get licensed for a real release, I'd be more than happy to drop it overnight. It's the games I wish to support and more power to us if more official English releases come out.
It was sarcasm, like 'crying all the way to the bank'. Guess it doesn't work as well with other things x_x
Old 2009-07-05, 10:51
Unregistered

Quote:
By 1 download per IP, does that mean a second IP could download it (within the week)?

And thanks for the numbers.
The downloads are tied to a account so really you could constantly download a game over and over with no limit in time. But only one IP can access the account at a time I believe.
Old 2009-07-05, 10:57
Obsessive

I see, exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you.

Maybe my friend and I can split the bill... *grumble*
Old 2009-07-05, 13:58
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBaker View Post
P/S 1: MG... They can just translate 'higurashi' to 'cicada' instead of leaving it that way '_'
The R1 version of the anime is entitled "When They Cry: Higurashi," so you had best complain to Funimation as well.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is the name by which the series is commonly known on the internet, and translating it to When Cicadas Cry wouldn't do anything expand the naming issue further.
Old 2009-07-05, 14:14
Local

Send a message via AIM to pbsaffran Send a message via Skype™ to pbsaffran

Quote:
and translating it to When Cicadas Cry wouldn't do anything expand the naming issue further.
Yeah, because a name that actually makes sense is such a bother to remember...
Seriously, people...
Old 2009-07-05, 14:33
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Unless you are implying that the Japanese language as a whole is nonsense, I fail to see how "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" does not make sense.

Personally, I don't think Japanese titles should be translated unless there is a very good reason for it. Higurashi already has the subtitle of "When They Cry," so I see no good reason to alter the title beyond romanizing it.
Old 2009-07-05, 16:31
Local

Send a message via AIM to pbsaffran Send a message via Skype™ to pbsaffran

BECAUSE. "HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI". IS NOT. ENGLISH. (expletive) (expletive) (expletive)

Is that clear now?
Old 2009-07-05, 17:04
Posts way too much