gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2010-10-02, 05:28
Obsessive

Default Displaying Visual Novels At Major Game Shows

It's pretty rare, but it happened with 428.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD8KGQmxtY8&feature=fvw

After having played 428, I can see why(I liked it so much I bought the PS3 version used today, after beating the PSP version). The action is pretty much non-stop in that game. There's ALWAYS something exciting going on. With many visual novels, there's lot of boring everyday life scenes that no one wants to play and wouldn't be suitable to display at game shows.

Anyone know of other visual novels that had big showings at game shows?
Old 2010-10-02, 11:03
Unregistered

You do realize that 428 is a console game produced by the mainstream game industry, right? Of course it'll be at TGS.
Old 2010-10-02, 13:52
Aaeru

He does raise some good points though,

I guess eroge is Age-restricted. So they can't receive any presence at Game Shows.
See Steins;Gate 2009 TGS Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iIvk8UV7Jk

And the number of companies that develop visual novels for the mainstream... I can count it on one hand. I can't really think of any good reason why there are so few.
Old 2010-10-04, 09:17
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeru View Post
He does raise some good points though,

I guess eroge is Age-restricted. So they can't receive any presence at Game Shows.
See Steins;Gate 2009 TGS Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iIvk8UV7Jk

And the number of companies that develop visual novels for the mainstream... I can count it on one hand. I can't really think of any good reason why there are so few.
Public perception, perhaps.

It's not called EROge for nothing.

But then again, most VN console ports are all-ages versions of adult games, so...
Kunisaki Yukito is a flooging pervert. He makes a mother finger her daughter to get off his sick kicks, have two sisters paizuri his cock while slobbering all over it, and he raped another in the rain. From Behind. I bet he assreamed the ghostly loli too.
Old 2010-10-04, 15:45
dorkatlarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonmasterX View Post
Anyone know of other visual novels that had big showings at game shows?
I went to PAX Prime earlier this fall, which had plenty of booth space for both huge companies and independent creators. If there were any VNs or romance games there, I didn't see them. But I brought Tokimemo Girl's Side DS, and played it in public a few times.

I've attended Anime Central for several years, and the 2010 show had some VN/romance game content. The Okashi Studio team were once again showing a build of Shira Oka, and holding small-scale discussion panels at their booth. (I dropped by and talked extensively about translated and OEL games I'd tried.) And as usual, Hendane was selling a few VNs, some of which already had fan translation patches. (I purchased To Heart 2 XR for $75 US.)