gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-02-24, 14:11
Posts way too much

I don't think anyone would be quite that cheeky (to release a 'Clannad Full Voice FOR REALS THIS TIME' edition). Anyway, to be honest I'm perfectly used to not having the protagonist voiced. Apart from MOON. DVD, I can't directly recall any games that do have a voiced protagonist. (though someone mentioned Phantom of Inferno in another thread where I gave a list of criteria, including requesting for the protagonist to be voiced, so that could be an exception! I haven't played it; should probably get it pretty soon since hirameki's gone belly-up)
Old 2008-02-24, 14:42
Unregistered

Just for the record, Castle Fantasia 2 Renewal and Saya no Uta also have voiced protagonists. =)
Old 2008-02-24, 16:46
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
I can't directly recall any games that do have a voiced protagonist.
I think I mentioned this before, but Soul Link is somewhat unique there. It has a shifting perspective, so in the 3rd person Prologue and Chapter 3 + Epilogue all characters are fully voiced while In chapter 1, the Protaganist of Chapter 2 is voiced, but he loses his voice once he becomes protagonist.
Old 2008-02-24, 17:07
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouryuu View Post
I think I mentioned this before, but Soul Link is somewhat unique there. It has a shifting perspective, so in the 3rd person Prologue and Chapter 3 + Epilogue all characters are fully voiced while In chapter 1, the Protaganist of Chapter 2 is voiced, but he loses his voice once he becomes protagonist.
Mmm, I've played Soul Link. Ever17 does the same thing, essentially (not spoiling, not spoiling!) But what I want is a game in which the protagonist is voiced. In Soul Link the protagonist is never voiced because he is never voiced while he is actually the protagonist =p

Quote:
Just for the record, Castle Fantasia 2 Renewal and Saya no Uta also have voiced protagonists. =)
Saya no Uta looks a little interesting. Castle Fantasia 2 doesn't look interesting to me, personally, but it's good to know more games have voiced protagonists.

Last edited by Asceai; 2008-02-24 at 17:12.
Old 2008-02-24, 17:17
Chewy

Swan song has voiced protagonists (male), and so does Akaiito (female).
Old 2008-02-25, 02:24
Local

Hourglass of Summer has a voiced protagonist as well, as far as I remember.
Old 2008-02-25, 02:47

Don't you forget Air? In this game, the protagonist is voiced. Well, his thoughts aren't, but it's still fairly enough.
Then, School Days is fully voiced... even though it's not a common VN.

Anyway. As you said, I guess that there won't be such a version for Clannad. It'd be real mean. But still, I'm sure that Prototype will make a PSP version, so they could still have Tomoya voiced.

By the way, during dramatic scenes, am I the only one who's reading aloud the protagonist's lines? If I don't, it sounds like the female character is speaking alone xD.
Old 2008-02-25, 04:09
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seigi View Post
Don't you forget Air? In this game, the protagonist is voiced. Well, his thoughts aren't, but it's still fairly enough.
Can't be, I've played Air. Unless there's some sort of Air Standard Edition or possibly a voiced console port that I haven't played.

School Days was fully voiced, yeah, good point. There's a lot of games mentioned here that I haven't played (though admittedly several look to be console games). Clearly I need to play more stuff =P
Old 2008-02-25, 09:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Can't be, I've played Air. Unless there's some sort of Air Standard Edition or possibly a voiced console port that I haven't played.
Well, that's it ^_^.
Whereas PC version wasn't fully voiced, both PSP andPS2 versions were.
I can tell you, since I've received my PS2 version a few days ago. Some scenes must have been much less funny without the voices. Like, at the beginning, when he's watching TV :
"TV show : なんでやねん!
-Yukito : なんでやねん!"
I just love that line (Nan de ya nen), so to hear him repeating it just for fun was great ! :D

Same goes for the "惚れるなよ" (Horeru na yo) to the mother. The way he says it is much more important than the line itself. That's why having the protagonist voiced is so important !

Then... Kanon PSP was partially fully voiced. The protagonist was voiced, but like every other characters, only until the beginning of the second half of the game. I still wonder why.

It seems that Japanese don't care that much for voices... Too bad xD
Old 2008-02-25, 13:10
Local

Quote:
Then... Kanon PSP was partially fully voiced. The protagonist was voiced, but like every other characters, only until the beginning of the second half of the game. I still wonder why.
I would guess it's about cost. Prototype probably doesn't have the money that Interchannel did (therefore, it makes little sense to put much effort into an insignificant PSP port). Simultaneously, they don't need full voiceovers to add a 'voiced protagonist' tagline to the product specs.
Old 2008-02-25, 13:53

Well, the PS2 version of Kanon was made by Interchannel, and I think... No, I hope that this one isn't fully voiced either.
I don't know what I'd do if I learnt that Kanon PS2 wasn't partially voiced... Maybe I'd buy it in Japan...
Can someone tell me if Kanon PS2 is voiced till the end? (I'm not talking about Yuuichi, but other characters)
Old 2008-04-13, 08:29
Obsessive