gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2005-11-29, 01:37
Addicted

Default [Itaru's New Work] Bokura wa Minna, Koi wo Suru

January's Cool-B (a magazine dedicated to 'boys love' and 'otome-gaming'<sup>1</sup>) carries the tagline of:
超大物原画家ついにBLに本格参戦!(Super big-name artist finally takes on the world of Boys Love!")

Going by the cover (top left corner), the artist in question appears to be none other than Key's lead artist Hinoue Itaru (One, Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters) - although given the context, I'm guessing she's doing this one for a different company.

The other name mentioned on the cover in connection with the project is<sup>2</sup> 陣内, who wrote the fairly well-received<sup>3</sup> boys love game 俺の下であがけ.

<sup>1</sup>Renai games targeted at a female audience featuring shota and bishounen characters instead of bishoujo.
<sup>2</sup>According to 2ch, anyway
<sup>3</sup>As far as I can tell - as you might have guessed, this isn't really my area of expertise ^_^;;
Old 2005-11-29, 01:46
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

Hmmm.... quite an interesting turn of developments.

Wonder who shes working for?
Old 2005-11-29, 01:53
Addicted

I doubt we'd recognise the brand even if we knew =P

Incidentally, it's been brought up that Maeda Jun commented in an interview that after Clannad, each staff member was given time to produce something they were personally interested in making. If Maeda and Orito worked on Tomoyo After and Itaru on this game, perhaps we'll see even more to come from the remaining staff.
Old 2005-11-29, 03:28

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

For some reason I have a mental picture of Yamamoto Kazue leading the young Itaruruw astray...
Old 2005-11-29, 05:29
Obsessive

In as far as I played trials, 俺の下であがけ is nice game to alise-soft taste fan, at least better than 王子様Lv1 of same brand.

Although, I guess no one in here won't buy it.
Old 2005-11-29, 07:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanatuha

Although, I guess no one in here won't buy it.
I doubt everybody will buy it ;)
Sorry, just want to note that 誰も買いません does not translate to 'nobody won't buy it' but rather 'nobody will buy it'. Just want to point it out because it IS an important thing to remember in English (okay you probably have been aware of that already). An even harder thing is that しか(ありません) is also not negated in English.
Old 2005-11-29, 07:57
Obsessive

Gah! There are a lot of examples in "Of Mice and Men"? They mean negative by double denial!?

orz ごめーんなさーい。 I mistook completely. and thanks Guest-sama.
Old 2005-11-29, 08:02
Ex-boss

Ah, that's the confusing part: in non-standard English a double negative is still negative. It's only in standard English that it becomes positive. In "Of Mice and Men", I think most of the characters speak a lower-class dialect.

So "I don't know nothing" can mean either "I know nothing" or "I know something", depending on whether the speaker is speaking in dialect or in standard English. Confusing, isn't it? ^_^

(As for the prospect of Itaru doing BL... er... words fail me.)
Old 2005-11-29, 08:21
Obsessive

Yes, it is written in a dialect.

And all words "ask" are written as "ast" in the book. While reading the book I couldn't help to wonder if "AstCd2" is really standard English. ;P
Old 2005-11-29, 12:43
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
Ah, that's the confusing part: in non-standard English a double negative is still negative. It's only in standard English that it becomes positive. In "Of Mice and Men", I think most of the characters speak a lower-class dialect.

So "I don't know nothing" can mean either "I know nothing" or "I know something", depending on whether the speaker is speaking in dialect or in standard English. Confusing, isn't it? ^_^
I'm not sure about England, but people get away with it here in America because most of the populace is just too dumb to call them on it. See also: 'ain't', recently accepted into standard dictionaries.
Old 2005-11-30, 20:48
kouryuu

haha. yes us silly american fools and our lack of correct english grammar!

why if i didnt never know hows i wasn't surposed te talk i mighta not made it inter them thar high class schoolin'. I made it all der way ta 10th grade!

;)

As for the game... *holds AIR Movie Artbook next to image* O.o!!!!

*picks jaw off floor*
granted, i might not ever own this game.... i know a few people who might...
Old 2005-12-01, 00:03
Addicted

Pictures キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
Old 2005-12-01, 02:39
Ex-boss

...of course, with the new super-loli Itaru, it's hard to tell the difference between those and girls with really extraordinarily little busts. ^_^
Old 2005-12-01, 04:41
Obsessive

And, the difference of the lower half of the body is concealed with the mosaic. We can Moe! We can Moe enough!!

Yes, I respectfully hand over the privilege of buying the game to haeleth.
Old 2005-12-01, 05:43
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanatuha
And, the difference of the lower half of the body is concealed with the mosaic. We can Moe! We can Moe enough!!
Arugh! Bad mental images x_x