gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2005-09-03, 19:06
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang
What about those French guys that were translating Men at Work! 2?
You can see their project on the list. It's at http://misu-net.com/ now.

I'm wondering whether I shouldn't move this list to http://shii.org and turn it into HTML... it would certainly make the page easier to read. Maybe I could host translation projects like roxfan's at shii.org too.
Oh, I thought Men at Work referred to the first game. My apologies. :)
Old 2005-09-05, 00:21
chendo

I'mma pop in and say hi.

Now, back to studying my Maths B... exam tomorrow morning.
Old 2005-09-10, 06:28
m

...what about Bloody Bride for PSX...It's been fully translated... ... ... ...it's a game similar to Tokimeki Memorial...(it even has Shiori from it...if I'm not wrong...)not ero but I think it should be mentioned... ... .... ....
Old 2005-09-10, 07:24
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

Quote:
Originally Posted by m
...what about Bloody Bride for PSX...It's been fully translated... ... ... ...it's a game similar to Tokimeki Memorial...(it even has Shiori from it...if I'm not wrong...)not ero but I think it should be mentioned... ... .... ....
Not ero? Sounds good! Also, it seems that you can buy it for $2 from Amazon Japan. This is what EGM would call the low point on an old video game's price curve.
Old 2005-09-10, 12:28
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m
Not ero? Sounds good! Also, it seems that you can buy it for $2 from Amazon Japan. This is what EGM would call the low point on an old video game's price curve.
Aren't you not allowed to buy that, since it's considered software? Or is that just PC software?
Old 2005-09-10, 13:08
Addicted

I think Amazon cracks down on ANYTHING not books, music, or movies - though even music appears to be suspect, as a conversation I had a while back with gp32 found him foiled in an attempt to order a game soundtrack from them. With as big a company as Amazon, they have to be fairly diligent on following import/export restrictions, which is good for them yet sucks for us.
Old 2005-09-10, 16:22
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
I think Amazon cracks down on ANYTHING not books, music, or movies - though even music appears to be suspect, as a conversation I had a while back with gp32 found him foiled in an attempt to order a game soundtrack from them. With as big a company as Amazon, they have to be fairly diligent on following import/export restrictions, which is good for them yet sucks for us.
That's interesting, I wonder why Japan has such strict exporting laws? Or do other countries have laws like that and I'm none the wiser...?
Old 2005-09-11, 02:17
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang
I wonder why Japan has such strict exporting laws?
Because the Japanese government is just the executive arm of the shadowy megacorporation Sonintendatsushita. :P
Old 2005-09-11, 11:16
Benoit

The HTML version looks nice, Shii. :)
Only one more step, making it standards-compliant. You already did a good job at it. It only misses the DOCTYPE, and has a common ampersant problem. There's also something with a Byte-Order Mark, but I'm not familiar with that.

DOCTYPE
Just insert the following above your code:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
ampersant
Instead of plain &, use &amp;

Byte-Order Mark
It says:
The Unicode Byte-Order Mark (BOM) in UTF-8 encoded files is known to cause problems for some text editors and older browsers. You may want to consider avoiding its use until it is better supported.

Reference:
http://validator.w3.org/

May I also suggest not making the image floating? On small screens, it covers table borders.
Old 2005-09-11, 12:01
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

The Byte-Order Mark is a little chunk of nonsense that some text editors throw into a document so you'll know whether it's little-endian or big-endian. Sometimes the gibberish will show up at the top of an HTML page, especially when you upload a UTF page to a free web host that puts ads on it.

Anyway, now it is valid HTML and good style, and the only glitch is that in IE, scary things happen to Ayu when you resize the window. But nobody will be doing that, right?
Old 2005-09-11, 12:11
Ex-boss

Quote:
the only glitch is that in IE, scary things happen to Ayu when you resize the window. But nobody will be doing that, right?
Besides, if it bothers anyone, they can always download the free update that fixes all these nasty little rendering bugs in IE. :P