gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-07-13, 11:36

Default US Kazoku Keikaku Page Up

The G-Collection's site is up for Kazoku Keikaku: (18+ Site):

http://www.g-collections.com/Merchan...uct_Code=GC033

NOTE: As for the "all characters over 18" comment, you should know that the Japanese version didn't officially give the characters ages, as having characters under 18 in H-scenes is against EOCS regulations, and D.O pretty much owns the E.O.C.S, so they can't say otherwise. It's been this way since 11/1999, and KK was first released in '01.

There Age assignments shouldn't affect the plot any, since they didn't specify age or education type...
Old 2007-07-13, 20:00

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Actually, I believe at least Masumi, Jun, Aoba and Tsukasa's ages were all given in the game, roughly 5 years younger than what is quoted on the G-Collections page. ;) However, as far as I can tell, the absolute age didn't really matter that much in the game, but their relative ages played a role.
Old 2007-07-13, 21:57
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
Actually, I believe at least Masumi, Jun, Aoba and Tsukasa's ages were all given in the game, roughly 5 years younger than what is quoted on the G-Collections page. ;) However, as far as I can tell, the absolute age didn't really matter that much in the game, but their relative ages played a role.
We already know that Masumi's 3-gyawaaergaergaerh
Old 2007-07-14, 06:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We already know that Masumi's 3-gyawaaergaergaerh

...And Matsuri's in her third trimester...;)

Anyway, I think they'll leave the game text untouced, mainly because after YMK still implied that the characters were in high school, and some of there titles in game imply that there characters are under 18, I think they only put that up for PC reasons...

Oh, In that case, they could just say that Haruka's 19 and Matsuri's 18, and still put up the same ages...
Old 2007-07-15, 18:10

Cloned from a post over on the PP forums:

Quote:
The character ages have been removed from the game descriptions on the sites pending a review of the facts of the case. As far as I'm aware D.O. never specified ages for the characters, so I applied ages that I thought were realistic after playing through a good portion of the original Japanese game. From oldest to youngest:

I thought Hiroshi was realistic at 47 mostly due to his slate-gray hair, and the fact that it's hard to think of a Wakamoto Norio character these days as being any younger than his mid-40's. Mostly the hair, though, as I am convinced that he could play a character of any age with equal awesomeness.

Masumi at 35 was mostly a judgement of a woman who would have to look convincing as the mother of several adult children. Even 35 is stretching it; realistically she should be in her mid-40's as well, especially if we assume that:

Aoba is 27. I chose this based on her presentation as a jaded pretentious artsy type, the fact that her character feels far removed from her secondary education and doesn't feel like either a) the recent college dropout or b) the VERY recent graduate that an age of 22 would imply. Even if we assume that she went through some fancy private education and bypassed the regular college system, she doesn't act like a young spoiled heiress.

This brings us to Jun and by implication Tsukasa. If we assume he has graduated from whatever mystical gakuin/gakuen/academy/tech college that he attended, he's probably in his early to mid-20's, if not later. Japanese graduates tend to take longer than the required term to make it out of college into the workforce; many teachers, for example, don't start their careers until age 27 or 28. Considering that Tsukasa has obviously been out of school (whatever school it was) for awhile at least, and assuming he completed SOME post-secondary course, an age of 25 does not seem unreasonable to me. Jun, we assume, is the same age as he is.

Haruka could be any age, really, but I thought that making her less than twenty would be rather sad given that she may have been wandering around Japan for at least a year or so before she meets Tsukasa, and the implication that she was forced into sexual slavery as a minor isn't a place I want to go (I don't know the full story of her past yet, but career options for illegal immigrants are pretty limited in Japan). So, 21 seemed reasonable to me.

Matsuri is, of course, the youngest, and still a student of the variety that wears a uniform and goes to the sort of school that must not be mentioned in eroge for fear that she be interpreted as underage. 18 is a no-brainer.

However, the bigger question might be: why the spread? Assuming there are romantic options with all of the female main characters (which there are), it might seem a bit odd for Tsukasa (at 25) to be involved with a woman ten years his senior or seven years his junior. My line of thought to the contrary was that the wide spread of ages serves to highlight the differences between the characters; if they're all clustered around the magical "20" they could reasonably be expected to be somewhat more flexible in their thinking, and expected to share a similiar cultural zeitgeist despite dissimilar backgrounds. Much of the magic of Kazoku Keikaku lies in overcoming the differences between the characters, and giving them a diverse spread of ages seems to me in keeping with this theme. Aoba and Jun in particular seem too world-wise to fit in with the others in this respect; hence the higher ages.

Getting back to the point: D.O. doesn't specify ages, so for now we won't either. That may change in the future pending further review, however.
We'll be doing everything we can to maintain fidelity to the original Japanese release of the game. Does anyone have an official source for the character ages, or is it just supposition by Japanese fans? It's not listed anywhere on the official site, Erogamescape or Japanese Wikipedia...
Old 2007-07-15, 20:05
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
Cloned from a post over on the PP forums:

We'll be doing everything we can to maintain fidelity to the original Japanese release of the game. Does anyone have an official source for the character ages, or is it just supposition by Japanese fans? It's not listed anywhere on the official site, Erogamescape or Japanese Wikipedia...
Common sense, relative dates, and high school graduation.
Oops high schools don't exist in ero games.

Yeah, there's the everyone's above the 18 year old bit, but that's just a software regulation that most writers sneak past by not giving any definite ages. Romeo (the rumored writer for Kazoku Keikaku after he left DO) has made some jokes about this in the PS2 port for Cross Channel for instance where's this one scene in the original PC version where the protagonist interrogates other characters and asks for their ages and they refuse to give them.
In the PS2 version, they say it outright.

I think the only definite age given is Masumi's which ought to be 30.
Old 2007-07-15, 20:11
Unregistered

http://idol.bbspink.com/test/read.cg...1181595115/l50

Also I recommend reading the above. Thats the reaction from the few Japanese that are keeping up with this.
Old 2007-07-15, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
http://idol.bbspink.com/test/read.cg...1181595115/l50

Also I recommend reading the above. Thats the reaction from the few Japanese that are keeping up with this.
Thank you sir, I appreciate the heads up. I'll be keeping an eye on that thread. After working on Yume Miru Kusuri I'm aware of the Romeo / Yamada Hajime connection, but applying arbitrary character ages to Kazoku was certainly a mistake, in hindsight. I think we'll try to leave well enough alone.
Old 2007-07-15, 21:45

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

I think there's a part where Aoba says that she's older than Tsukasa. I believe that's when Aoba mentions that Tsukasa must be 20 and she must be 22. However, that may have been in jest, since I don't remember too clearly the scene. And since I haven't tried reversing the script format yet, I have no easy way of searching through the game. ^_^; (And it's also possible they may have removed it for the voiced version)

OT: By the way, Shingo, I hope you're alright with the earthquake and alll...
Old 2007-07-15, 22:43

Thanks zalas, I'll keep an eye out for that as I continue through the game. Unless countermanded by a higher authority I'm going to leave out any official references to age on the websites from here on out, it seems that's the best course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
OT: By the way, Shingo, I hope you're alright with the earthquake and alll...
That was some scary stuff. The biggest one I've felt in four years here, I'm pretty sure... rattled us around quite a bit, but nothing fell over in the office. I'm worried about my shelves at home, though.