gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-09-04, 12:09

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

What I'm trying to figure out is why all the hype over this game? Is it just because of the artwork and animated adaptation?
Old 2008-09-04, 12:10
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
What I'm trying to figure out is why all the hype over this game? Is it just because of the artwork and animated adaptation?
Yes, pretty much just that. I think its EGS score is far too kind, too, so more than just English-speaking fans fell for it.
Old 2008-09-04, 12:14
Unregistered

Umm, to be honest, I think that most English-speaking fans have no idea what EGS is in the first place.
Old 2008-09-04, 13:11
Posts way too much

That was my point; that it's NOT just English-speaking fans that like Shuffle! far more than they should =P Because it's tied for the #1126'th place on erogamescape (erogames, 5 votes and up), beating superior titles like Navel's own Soul Link and BasiL's Two One.
Old 2008-09-04, 14:52
Unregistered

Ah gotcha, sorry for the confusion.
Old 2008-09-04, 15:18
Local

Send a message via ICQ to Billhead Send a message via Yahoo to Billhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Has he never actually physically been anywhere near an internet connection that he could use to upload said files to the people in the group that need them?

Not that I care about Shuffle!, but it all seems a bit too convenient.
Of course not, he's in Japan.
Why would they have computers over there?
Old 2008-09-05, 10:50
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
It's the Star Ocean effect.

Regardless of the quality of the game, if a translation project takes long enough, more and more people will wish to play the finished product.

Or, rather, as a translation project goes on longer, and the delays become progressively more absurd (say, a hard drive malfunction or "our translator is lost in Japan"), the amount of people clamoring for said project increases. Or something along those lines.

Man, I never did beat SO1 either. The battle system was just too clunky after SO2, you know?

Last edited by Moogy; 2008-09-05 at 10:53.
Old 2008-09-05, 16:18
Regular

Send a message via MSN to ChronoEX

SO2 I managed to get through, although there were certain cheap moments. The system in SO1 was just rampant with cheap monsters that can take you out in one blow, so I barely got anywhere in the game (original, not PSP). The battle system did get somewhat complicated as the series moved on, probably as a way to balance the difficulty of the monsters.

Anyway, back on topic, reason I'm interested in Shuffle! was because of a friend who was just crazy about the series for some reason and kept recommending it. Personally, I'm not too partial into that genre of anime, but the art style attracted me (still never watched the anime though). As long as there's cute girls, the story be damned XD (just kidding! JUST KIDDING! I heard there's a pretty good story to the game)
Old 2008-09-11, 10:42
Local

Send a message via ICQ to Billhead Send a message via Yahoo to Billhead

GamePatch website is back up.
Quote:
Here is a list of other things that will be coming.

* Ero-Jiji's return - Late Sept or Early/Mid October (Yes, Dessert has spoken with him)
* Shuffle Full Patch - Soon after Ero-Jiji arrives back, hopefully before christmas, but you know how we are. :(
* Tick Tack Beta Patch - The first public Tick Tack patch

Last edited by Billhead; 2008-09-11 at 10:54.
Old 2008-09-12, 03:51
Unregistered

So I'm guessing Dessert was waiting for ero-jiji to be back more or less to put the site back on.
I just saw him yesterday so yeh it coincide.
Old 2008-09-12, 21:28
Obsessive

Exclamation don't know which version of the title to use

a stupid question (that might have been answered but I can't be bothered to read this full thread to find out). Will the finial patch work with the new re-release version of Shuffle? since it seem to be the only version available for sale right now (and the project *might* have started before the new version was released).