gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-10-16, 12:43
Unregistered

Phanthom of Inferno ............................You know this is my favorite visual novel. I have seen the whole cg set of uncensored version and seriously there was nothing there significant to the plot that was cut out. Phanthom was among a few Hirameki games where censoring didn't damage the game. Everything significant was still there and all the paths made perfect sense from the beginning to the end[ and game includes all the paths of the original ] . Actually , after I saw that CG set I had to admit that thanks to reasonable censorship game actually became better, and more realistic. All that was removed were hentai scenes and seriously in places where those scenes fitted the story it was obvious what happened without them anyway . As for the good changes, for example in the final Ein path scene of the wedding in the church was one of the most touching in the whole game. If instead main characters started to have wild sex on the altar as it was in the original , it would not only totally ruined the mood , but also was totally out of character for Ein who was supposed at that point in the game hold God and Christianity in great respect.
That someone can say that it was censored to the point that something in the plot was missing is even more weird for me when I know that there were Hirameki games like "Tea society of the witch", where whole paths were thrown out of the game because of the censorship.
Old 2007-10-17, 08:03
Unregistered

The censoring in PoI was done before Hirameki even licensed it. The Japanese video DVD version is practically identical to the English one.
Old 2007-10-17, 10:27
Unregistered

"Where is my Weapons Page?"
Old 2007-10-17, 11:50
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"Where is my Weapons Page?"
Title 10, chapter 1.
Old 2007-10-19, 12:53
Regular

Where's my CG?

Title... ah, wait a minute.
Old 2007-12-29, 13:43
Unregistered

Good news, Hirameki forum is back online! It might be their way of wishing us a happy new year! Now I just hope we will finally hear something from them...
Old 2008-01-05, 10:30
Local

Send a message via ICQ to Billhead Send a message via Yahoo to Billhead

http://hirameki-int.com/
Quote:
Hirameki International Group, Inc. has decided to bow out of publishing
Interactive Visual Novels as of January 2, 2008.

We would like to thank you for all the support you have given us over the
years. We wish you all the best.

Best Regards,

Hirameki International Group, Inc.
Old 2008-01-05, 12:01
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good news, Hirameki forum is back online! It might be their way of wishing us a happy new year! Now I just hope we will finally hear something from them...
forums were online not for a long time as it looks like :(
Old 2008-01-05, 14:08
Unregistered

Rest in peace, Hirameki. And the visual novel industry plunges further into turmoil...
Old 2008-01-05, 14:34
Regular

sad... but they deserved it. this probably wouldn't have happened if they didn't come up with the whole "DVD game" idea.

Last edited by hypertoast; 2008-01-05 at 14:40.
Old 2008-01-05, 15:21
Local

Bah, what a shit >.<
Ah well, it's a very difficult business to bring those games to western world, besides that those DVD games were bad marketing strategy.
Old 2008-01-05, 15:31
Roto

I'm sorry to see them go. The DVD games were a bad idea, but they'd moved away from that format for their last few releases. It was nice to see a company licensing and localizing games that didn't depend on H-scenes to sell.
Old 2008-01-05, 17:31
Local

Quote:
this probably wouldn't have happened if they didn't come up with the whole "DVD game" idea.
I highly doubt that. The idea of releasing all-ages games was doomed from the start (thanks to a lack of retailer and consumer interest), with the PC titles selling at least as poorly as the DVDs.