gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2009-10-06, 00:45
YukiHayashi

Default Ever 17 won't work anymore

It's been about a year since I last played Ever 17 and it worked perfectly, but now whenever I start the game up, once it displays the SDR Project logo it stops working, I get the "Ever17 pc us premium edition has stopped working" message. If I skip the logos the OP movie plays fine but once it ends or I skip it, it stops working just when the title screen should show up and displays the same message as when it stopped before.

I'm using Vista Home Premium, though I really don't know what the problem could be as it worked perfectly fine when I last played it (Although it has been around a whole year since I touched this game) I've tried running as admin, the different compatibility modes, changing the setting on the startup menu and reinstalling, but none of this fixed the problem.

Hope somebody can help with this as I have this undying urge to play/read this game again.
Old 2009-10-06, 01:53
dsp2003

This is a common problem. Are you possibly installed newer DirectX and\or codec pack? Ever17 is pretty fretful about Haali Media Splitter, older ffdshow implementations and several MPEG\MPEG-2 video codecs. All you have to do is:

* Remove Haali media splitter (always crashes the game)
* Remove any suspicious MPEG\MPEG-2 codecs
* Tweak a bit ffdshow in order to exclude ever17PC*.exe files from processing

Also, if there will be no sound, it means that you need to reinstall Microsoft ADPCM audio codec.

Hope this helps. ^_^
Old 2009-10-06, 04:54
YukiHayashi

Alright! thanks for your help, following the advice you gave me led to Ever 17 finally working again.