gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2007-12-07, 22:10
Regular

Default Help with symphonic Rain?

After reading the awesome review at www.visual-novels.net, I decided to go and get the Chinese version of Symphonic Rain. Unfourtunatly, I could only find a traditional Chinese version (I like simplified better) but I got it, installed it, opened it, and found out that I could not see any text.
I only thought that maybe I had the wrong language setting, so I tried to change my setting for non-unicode programs. There are several options for Chinese, I tried them all, but none of them worked. When I asked at another forum, some people said that I got a corrupted file, so I went and downloaded it, but came up with the same problem.
Everything works, the BGM, the graphics, the voices, and even the piano mini game, but there's just no text, even though the menu is translated.
Can anyone help me?

Last edited by hypertoast; 2007-12-07 at 22:31.
Old 2007-12-07, 22:56
selkirk

Maybe it was just a bad localization, and you need to keep it on Japanese regional settings? IIRC, the Japanese version of SR had to have Japanese set for the non-unicode program settings, as well as regional settings, otherwise it'd have the same "no text" you're describing.
Old 2007-12-08, 06:27
Rasqual Twilight

Yes, you need to make sure the "date" in the systray area is using the same formatting as the system locale [Standards & Formats in the Regional options control panel applet, if you are using WinXP], in this case Chinese-TW.
Old 2007-12-09, 11:43
Regular

ah, that was the problem! I set the date to Taiwan and it works perfectly now, though I still wish I could have gotten the simplified version (traditional gives me headaches). Thanks for the quick and helpful replies!