gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-07-28, 12:51
Ex-boss

The games they were using it on probably didn't help. People pay money for that stuff?!

*sigh*

Let us once again pray for Hirameki's success with Ever17... -_-;
Old 2005-07-28, 15:01
Irregular

おぉ~ エロの神さま~、私たちの祈りを…!

Oh, wait a second, wrong god ...

Okay, fine, let's try this again ...

ずっと ずっと 憧れている
奇跡が はじまる
I want to believe that a wish come true~

Wrong again -_-
Old 2005-07-28, 16:28
Obsessive

Ever17にはエロ神のご慈悲はありません(笑)

Brand New Heart 今ここから始まる
ムネのなかの 鼓動が 聞こえる
Come To Heart 可能性を信じて
I amn't confident about translation.
Old 2005-07-29, 11:35
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
Let us once again pray for Hirameki's success with Ever17... -_-;
Hm, unfortunately it's too late for people to try their bests at tanabata. Well maybe better that way, if those two stars actually read something like this they'd at best crash into the earth.
Old 2005-08-13, 22:38
kouryuu

Well I recently broke down, bought, and played through Ai's path of Hourglass of Summer.

I noticed a few typos that leaked through, but it seemed well done overall to me.

Bu zl tbq, ubj qrafr vf Xbgneb? Nsgre gung yvar bs "gur crefba V ybir unf orra gnxra ol fbzrbar ryfr sbe n ybat gvzr" naq gur snpg gung ur obhtug Nv gur trzvav arpxynpr, Ubj pbhyq Xbgneb ABG svther bhg gung Gnxrfuv jnf nyjnlf va ybir jvgu Nv? ... nf vs gur "ur nyjnlf frrzf gb npg rkgen avpr nebhaq Nv" jnfa'g n uvag sebz gur fgneg.
Old 2005-09-01, 04:07
Benoit

Personally, I hope that they don't translate Kiminozo, as they will rip out the adult parts. :/
I don't like censoring, especially when the adult scenes are important to the game's story.
Quote:
Yeah, the connecting everytime you wanted to play the game was a bit much. Planetarian's one time download and verification was a smart system. But on the flip side, I dont believe that JAST USA was letting users download this game. They probably had the user go out and purchase a copy, then when they installed it, it checked against JAST's servers.
It was G-Collections that released the games, and the verification was run by Interlex. G-Collections' mother company in Japan went under, and the US subsidiary got taken over by Peter Payne, who then released the patches.
Quote:
The games they were using it on probably didn't help. People pay money for that stuff?!
Actually, "Hitomi - My Stepsister" and especially "Figures of Happiness" are pretty good games.
Old 2005-09-01, 04:25
Ex-boss

Thanks for the clarifications there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
Actually, "Hitomi - My Stepsister" and especially "Figures of Happiness" are pretty good games.
Gimai Hitomi ("Hitomi - My Stepsister"): ErogameScape mean rating 56%.
Shiawase no katachi ("Figures of Happiness"): ErogameScape mean rating 67%.

(For comparison, Kanon gets a mean rating of 80%, Kiminozo gets 85%, and Ever17 gets 91%.)

So maybe it's unfair to classify them as awful, but you definitely need to keep that "pretty" in there...
Old 2005-09-01, 07:08
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
(For comparison, Kanon gets a mean rating of 80%, Kiminozo gets 85%, and Ever17 gets 91%.)
haha. nice numbers.

So where would that put AIR and Fate/Stay Night then?
Old 2005-09-01, 07:18
Obsessive

I'm afraid ErogameScape is convenient to look for general popular games and to avoid to take a trash, but whether it would be a cup of tea in personal is another thing.
Besides, my favorite two are here. Lower one has received low point, apart from rance.

Kichiku ou rance 鬼畜王ランス 90
Folksong フォークソング 75 (edit: I mistook rate)

It's not wrong that I say Folksong is pretty good game for my sense. I also can't recommend at all though. (Is Folksong interesting from an objective viewpoint? No, not at all. It just makes me happy feel, such a kind of game.)

Fate/stay night is 93. Air is 87.
Old 2005-09-01, 07:20
Regular

Kouryuu : Here's the erogamescape ranking
http://erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/...l&coterie=null
Old 2005-09-01, 10:37
Benoit

The EroGameScape ratings are misleading. Japanese bishoujo games rely on the popularity/reputation of the company and its franchises in order to be sold. In other words, games don't get bought based on their quality.

EroGameScape is an indicator of each game's popularity, not its quality.
Old 2005-09-01, 11:12
Regular

As much as I would like to agree, while the ratings may not exactly be always accurate, the criterias people choose for the game are a pretty accurate image of what you should expect from the game.
For me, unless a game has "good scenario" "moving" "got me crying" "depressive" "Died from laughing" somewhere in the top 5 criterias with enough input, I'm not even considering the game.
Not to mention that most people actually write little sum ups about what they liked / disliked about the game, regardless of the company.
So if I'm interested in a game I'll take a closer look at reviews/criterias.
But then, to each his own.
Old 2005-09-01, 11:24