gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-12, 07:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoben
ヒトナツの夢.
This is a highly-regarded piece, and it is quite interesting.

It also has a 0.txt that is well over 300KB long; there are not many translators in this community who could handle a piece of that length in 30 days while maintaining some semblance of quality. I'd be delighted if you took that piece on as a translation project, but it would probably not be a good idea if you decided to try to finish it within the time constraints of AT2K6.
Yes, one month is does feel a little tight. =) The length of the text seems to be around the length of a normal novel, which is a bit daunting. However, if I find the story interesting enough (and it seems promising so far) I'm probably motivated enough to give it a try. Something that might turn me off though is translating into English. I'm not too confident of my knowledge of colloquial English, and it would probably slow me down quite a bit.

It's really amazing how well done the game is. I mean, it's even fully voiced.
Old 2006-05-12, 12:29

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

It would be interesting to have a non-English al|together...
Old 2006-05-12, 12:30
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
It would be interesting to have a non-English al|together...
A couple of people are considering attempting parallel translations into English and a third language.
Old 2006-05-12, 14:23
rodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoben
I would also like to participate as a translator. I've been lurking in this forum for a while, and feel like it would be fun trying my hand at some real translating. As of yet I'm not sure how big of a project to take on, but I have started taking a tentative look at ヒトナツの夢. I have to play it through first to see if it's actually interesting, and if I think I can handle something of that scope.

Oh, and if I actually manage to produce something, I would greatly appreciate some editing/proofreading help, since English is not my mother tongue.
I'd be glad to help you there.
Seeing that translating an entire game by myself seems nearly impossible for me, I'd be more than willing to help other people with their projects.
Old 2006-05-12, 22:32
Local

Send a message via ICQ to Billhead Send a message via Yahoo to Billhead

Put me in the "Can help with anything but translating" group.
Old 2006-05-13, 05:33

Nice to hear that there are people willing to help out. Makes me more motivated to actually get something done. =)

Is there perhaps someone to turn to for a little help with onscripter? Specifically, I'm having some trouble making it display Englist text nicely. (English written vertically is not a beautiful sight...)
Old 2006-05-13, 06:38
Regular

Get the manual.
【tateyoko】
例)
tateyoko 1
縦書きモードにする。詳細はサンプルで。
※このほか、システムカスタマイズ命令は、システムカスタマイズサンプルで解説しています。
 縦書きモードもそちらにあります。

Meaning...set it to zero or remove the whole line and it will be 横書き --> problem solved.
Old 2006-05-13, 07:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperor
Get the manual.
【tateyoko】
例)
tateyoko 1
Thank you, that did it indeed. I suppose the manual is handy, but I'd rather not go through the trouble of getting one (unless it's availible online, that is). Now most things work quite well, and the only thing left is that small problem of translating ~4000 lines of text. (^^;)
Old 2006-05-13, 08:27
Regular

nscripterと同じくマニュアルは無料です。公式サイトでダウンロードして下さい。
Old 2006-05-13, 14:20
Asmadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoEd
That being said, there's nothing keeping you from translating a demo and just releasing it any time! I've been pretty surprised about the lack of demos out there, since it's the most obvious step toward drumming up support for getting a company to license a game.
I thought it'd be more fun within the limits of this project, but of course working on demos outside is certainly in the agenda.

As for this project, I don't really feel capable of taking on an entire project by myself, but if anyone wants a co-translator, please feel free to ask!
Old 2006-05-13, 16:21
Obsessive

I also participate in Al|together 2006 as I've got permission from the author. I'm grateful to haeleth for advising me the other day.

The game is named "Otoko Dogeza Zigoku" by dojin group HANPAMANIA-SOFT, it's a very short nonsense <strike>absurd, lunatic, shame of japan</strike> gag game. Even for me (I'm not a native english speaker), the amount of text wouldn't be too heavy. But I'm not so confident about english expression, so, when the time comes, may I make a thread of miscellaneous questions on the BBS?

It'm very glad if anyone kindly check my grammar through the whole at the end of translation. (It might be a troublesome work, though, for my incoherent translation and the game's incoherent content. <_<)

Otoko Dogeza Zigoku (Good bye, Hepburn Romaji)
http://hms.muw.jp/dogeza/index.html
Old 2006-05-13, 16:22
Addicted

Quote: