gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-08, 12:03

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

I guess I'll tentatively want to do 空の迷い人, unless someone has claimed that already...
Old 2006-05-08, 12:42
Ex-boss

I guess I'll tentatively sign you up to do it, then. :P
Old 2006-05-08, 13:30
Obsessive

Ooh, and put me down for 必殺パンダ侍 if I'm not already ;^^
Old 2006-05-08, 18:43

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Man, that planetarian thread caused me to misread your game as "必殺パンツ持"
Old 2006-05-08, 22:28
Addicted

Shii's webpage resource lists UFO wo Sagashini! is as being Nscripter-compatable. I'm getting no luck running it under Onscripter without having to manually edit the text files (and rename them, and...). Was this an error, or am I just doing something wrong?
Old 2006-05-09, 01:18
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by l|ammamama
Ooh, and put me down for 必殺パンダ侍 if I'm not already ;^^
*Cheer*

I actually tried the game at the al|together 2005* but I found the quiz in the game was beyond me and gave up.
The translation seemed not too difficult, but... who on earth knows historical trivia?

And, IIRC an old cord will obstruct to run the game on Onscripter. It probably runs if you remove it.

*Of course I planned to make torment someone as a proofreader, though. ;P
Old 2006-05-10, 11:55
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
Shii's webpage resource lists UFO wo Sagashini! is as being Nscripter-compatable. I'm getting no luck running it under Onscripter without having to manually edit the text files (and rename them, and...). Was this an error, or am I just doing something wrong?
Hmmm... I think I got that information from 2channel or the onscripter site, but the Sunny Girl list (which is the most complete) doesn't say it's nscripter. It seems I was outright wrong. Sorry.
Old 2006-05-10, 13:44
Addicted

No worries. If anything, I'm tempted to try and figure out WHAT exactly it IS written in, now.
Old 2006-05-10, 18:05
Asmadi

Does it have to be a short duojin work, or is a demo feasible as well?
Old 2006-05-11, 04:18
Ex-boss

It's just dojin works, I'm afraid. The idea is to give people complete games to play. :)
Old 2006-05-11, 07:43
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
It's just dojin works, I'm afraid. The idea is to give people complete games to play. :)
That being said, there's nothing keeping you from translating a demo and just releasing it any time! I've been pretty surprised about the lack of demos out there, since it's the most obvious step toward drumming up support for getting a company to license a game.
Old 2006-05-11, 12:56
Regular

I might be totally wrong here...but does really somebody aim to get companies to license the games?
Has anybody who translated a demo so far done it for this sake? Maybe I've missed much or are full of misbelieves but I don't think that this is so common.
I think it's a bit weak of a driving force. Also considering that the so far released demos did not help getting the games in question translated by a company (again I might have missed much...but I somehow think there was no sudden movement like this) the person aiming to getting it licensed might not really think it's worth the efford.
The stronger driving force seems to be the motto of the al|together, which I probably needn't name.

The complete post is full of my opinion, thoughts, and based on assumptions and is therefore not trying to present any facts or truths but rather one viewpoint of the situation.