gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-05-15, 23:13
Regular

Default Anime North 2008

...So I'll be there. It's looking like a panel on Thursday night, though nothing's been confirmed yet. Who's going?
Old 2008-05-18, 18:07
Regular

I'll be there, including a bunch of guys from Initial D World, and some of the No Name Losers crew.
Old 2008-05-18, 23:37
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Shinikenshi Send a message via Skype™ to Shinikenshi

I'll be back for my second year. ...I have no idea what I will have to offer this year. Hopefully slightly better stuff than what I had last time.
Old 2008-05-24, 17:35
eternal

KawatoriShinji! I'm one of the guys you met at the con, the one that bought the Yui Horie CD at the Nominoichi. It was a great event overall, if you ask me, and it was nice to meet so many people with the same interests as me. I'll be checking out encubed shortly!
Old 2008-05-24, 19:14
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

<___< So, how much PR did you manage to rustle up for us Shinji!
Old 2008-05-25, 01:39
who_is_friend

Well, it's still going on, but I might as well post.

So far, Anime North has been going great. I was the only one who went to the Visual Novel panel unfortunately, and it definitely would have benefited from a larger audience.

I'm also pretty shocked at how much merch was sold. Halfway through Saturday and all the good eroge (Yume Miru Kusuri, Crescendo, and Kana, among other) were completely sold out. I did manage to grab Fate/Stay Night though, which was awesome.

And though unrelated, Halko Momoi's concert was the most fun I've had in years, though my sore legs are an unfortunate consequence.
Old 2008-05-25, 17:22
Regular

though my sore legs are an unfortunate consequence.

My consequence is sore arms, starting 30 hours AFTER that concert. Also consider that I only got like 13-16 hours of sleep in total throughout the entire weekend (I drove to and from the con by car at least 40 KM each way)

Overall, the Halko Momoi concert CERTAINLY MADE UP FOR THE PRICE OF ADMISSION. I ended up missing a few things I wanted to go to since I wanted to get my cash back through volunteering. At least that gave me free time.

Anyway, much lolz were found in the "Name that H-anime" event. Me and gipface thought it was a "Name that Eroge" event, based on what the schedule was saying, but it was misleading. Anyway, I'm off for now since I've got work at Wonderland tommorrow.

Oh, and I think I did exchange a greeting or 2 with you during the auction. The one where gipface lost to a fanclub member...........

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2008-05-25 at 17:54.
Old 2008-05-25, 23:31

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Halko Momoi sure knows how to throw concerts. Her concert at AX helped balance out a lot of disappointment with the rest of AX07
Old 2008-05-26, 01:14
Regular

おまいらwwwそんなのいたいのかwww
俺もorz

Eternal: If you ever see Message post around here, it was originally going to be his. But ne never came to visit :D

Agilis: Oh, the expected audience you can count on your fingers for the panel, a few more at the flea market (which was no tsukiji), and...AVEX and Right Gauge ~_~

who_is_friend: he had crescendo and kana stocked? I didn't look close enough on day 1. I know he had plenty of J-List stuff though. You should've bought the Sono Hanabira ni Kuchiduke wo series as well as Konayuki. I do know who bought them >.>; As for the panel, which one were you? You say only one, but didn't I see 4 people there for the panel?

HashiriyaR32: Yeah, we all know. It seems gip complained in #nnl...though his story there seemed a bit different than what I heard at the auction. And that FC member was pretty set on buying it as soon as the item became public knowledge. How badly did gip want to wear that dress?

zalas: Check momo-i's latest blog :D
Old 2008-05-26, 11:09
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Shinikenshi Send a message via Skype™ to Shinikenshi

...I wonder if I can get that stuff sneaked in again for next year. Somehow I think Customs isn't going to be as kind next time around. >.>

In the end I was down to 2 eroge (日本版) and 5 of the J-List variety. Anyone wanting those on the last day should've stopped by as I was more than willing to wheel and deal them out the door to get to the goal of nearly selling out all my stuff.

And goddamnit, AN needs to be moved to downtown Toronto. There is nothing out by the TCC. :<
Old 2008-05-26, 13:39
Regular

HashiriyaR32: Yeah, we all know. It seems gip complained in #nnl...though his story there seemed a bit different than what I heard at the auction. And that FC member was pretty set on buying it as soon as the item became public knowledge. How badly did gip want to wear that dress?

All I know is that it is a real damn shame that an Anime North regular did not win that dress. That FC person came all the way from Japan and stole the opportunity for someone from Canada to own something very special. Had I won, I would have taken off my wi-fi shirt and worn that dress right in front of Halko. Then I would have worn it to ANorth next year. That FC person will likely never use it himself. I know Halko and everyone in that room (including the other FC members) wanted me to win that dress. I used a glowstick as my auction sign and was very enthusiastic about the whole thing. The FC person simply raised his hand and only made bids that the auctioneer suggested.

Since I got $1150 from my income tax refund, $375 from Nominoichi, and $500 regular spending money, I could have paid up to $1700 for the dress (after budgeting for necessities like hotel room and food) and still be under my budget. I don't believe that even he would top a $1700 bid. However, the look in Halko's eyes told me that she really wanted to come back to Canada, so I faced the FC, said "makemashita", and conceded at $750. The entire room sighed in disappointment. I know she'll be back, and then I'll be able to try again, perhaps for an even better lot.

Seeing as how you're part of the FC, I am sure you could have talked him into letting me have that dress. But you didn't. So yeah. Fuck you, Shinji. You and your fan club cost me that dress, and now no one is ever going to see it again. I hope the FC is real happy for him. He made the largest single bid in Anime North history. He must be real proud of himself. After all, that money will help many sick children. ~_~; (Note: all proceeds went to the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto)

Oh, and HashiriyaR32 is the most genuine NNL fan I have ever met. Better than tai, better than Lavalyn, and better than Web. He knew everything that NNL released, and went the extra mile to make me feel good about what I did in the past. The end.

Last edited by GipFace; 2008-05-26 at 14:00.
Old 2008-05-26, 16:51
Regular

Thanks alot. Anyway, I am running into another roadblock regarding the video. I actually need to trim some of the plastic surrounding the head of one end of the S-video cable to get it to fit into the dazzle's S-video port (like I had to do with an X360 S-video A/V cable). I had lent the A/V cable that came with the cam a few months ago, but I never saw it again. I won't get the video stuff started until tommorrow. Anyway, time to finish my weapon wall. As of last night, it was like this:

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2008-05-26 at 16:57.
Old 2008-05-26, 17:05
Regular

S-Video? Don't tell me your camcorder is so low-end that it does not have firewire or USB output. ~_~;
Old 2008-05-26, 17:37
Regular

It has USB output, but since this cam was given to me (it's sort of old), I don't have it. A friend gave it to me since he didn't want it, and he couldn't find the USB cable.

EDIT: Anyway, weapon wall is complete!

2nd EDIT: And to top it off, AN2008 images!

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2008-05-26 at 18:16.
Old 2008-05-26, 18:25

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
zalas: Check momo-i's latest blog :D
What is that gold medal thing anyway?