gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2008-01-15, 10:17

Default Chinese Air Translation

I managed to dig up the chinese seen.txt for air but i can't decompile it with vAVG.exe or kpacx.

My thinking is with these scripts some of the chinese to english translators can help with this project

Maybe someone fluent in chinese can find a the tool set KFC used

Any other ideas?
Old 2008-01-15, 22:03
Local

The KeyFC tool dude sometimes comes here.

Even if you were to contact him, it would be much politer at that point to just ask for the script itself.

(I intend to do that sometime in the future, but I need to read up to what's already been translated to start. ^_^)
________
Glass bongs

Last edited by fireshark; 2011-03-09 at 08:34.
Old 2008-01-16, 05:21

Thanks it's good to know someone with the script comes here.

If anyone has the script already extracted or a method of extracting from the chinese SEEN.TXT Please let me know.

PM me if you wish to discuss any cultural differences about politeness. i prefer to keep my threads drama and flame free.

With respect; Thank you
Old 2008-01-16, 22:34
Local

They have written their own custom presenation library for their RealLive based releases. Their projects page being down at the moment, I'm not sure whether their translation for Air is for AVG or RealLive. However, it is almost certain that rldev/kpac will not be be able to extract it.

If you wish to speak to him, try posting in the Translation subforum at their forum.
________
Bongo

Old 2008-01-22, 01:00
Regular

Send a message via MSN to rednaxela

KeyFC's AIR translation is based on the original version of AIR, which runs on AVG32. The script format used is not compatible with haeleth's tools.

I'd like to ask whether you're trying to start an independent Chinese Air translation project, otherwise you might be interested in joining KeyFC's effort on a "final" version of their patch. The guys on that project are out of spare time, and are actually looking for people to join them.
Old 2008-01-24, 08:44

This is just for my own project to get Air in English

As i understand it the Chinese translation project is further along than the english one.

My idea was to use the Chinese translation to help speed the english project along.

With a Chinese version of Air Chinese to English translators could help the project along

i can't extract the Chinese scripts because of the incompatiblity with Kpac and vAVG. i also couldn't find the extracted Chinese script either one would help
Old 2008-01-24, 10:59
Local

I found a Chinese translated script, but I don't know where it's from and there is no format (one huge file).
________
Gpix Concept

Old 2008-01-26, 22:51
Regular

Send a message via MSN to rednaxela

Oh, I see. In that case there's little I can do for you. As many of you might know, if a script is packed by rldev using GB2312 encoding, it cannot be extracted by rldev again. It's almost the same with KeyFC's tool, unless someone would try to figure out the mapping function used in their tool.
This "mapping function" used in rldev is close to the one used in KeyFC's CLANNAD tool, but I've got no idea if it's the same as the AIR tool.
Old 2008-01-27, 09:14

I'd love to see the that script Fireshark. If you can post it

If limit is in the mapping function then i'll have to take a look at the source code when i have some freetime.

Any tips that might speed the process would be appreciated
Old 2008-03-23, 13:41
Visitor

Talking

Just spotted this thread. ^_^

I have a small tool that can take a peek at SEEN.txt used in AVG32 systems, but it cannot modify the content. Since you are only interested in taking a look at all the text in order to help you translation to English, I think this tool would serve your purpose well.

Here you go:
http://61.152.198.58:8800/WebPaste/AVG32Reader.rar

It is a Window program with pretty GUI, should run fine on XP (probably won't run on 98/ME though). You will need to set the default OS locale to simplified chinese, or use applocale.

Usage:
1. run it;
2. on its interface, look up the SEEN.txt you are interested;
3. double click to open;
4. from the SEENxxx list, double click a scenario, SEEN163 for example;
5. on the TreeView panel, you should see some detailed information about the scen;
6. expand the "header" branch, more info will be displayed;
7. if you see a brach says: "line count: 318", expand it
8. you will see a list of all conversations (in simplified chinese) used in this scen, and they are numbered by the original tags from the scen.

Note: Despite it claims its interface can be simplified/traditional chinese, japanese and english, only simplified chinese interface can be used -- other language files are lost in history...

Misha(Prz) from KeyFC.net