gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-11-19, 12:42
Unregistered

The reason I'm asking is if it's not that big, I might give translating it a try. I've experimented with a couple of Lilith and Norn games, so I'm familiar with kirikiri.
Old 2009-11-19, 14:05

Good job...I already started playing it and its great! ^_^

Sevodax
Old 2009-11-19, 15:11

Heroine after-stories average 5000+ lines, making each one over half as long as Houzuki's chapter. All together they come out to be nearly 2.5 times longer than Houzuki's chapter. If you wanted to get them all, it would amount to about as much work as translating half the entire content of the first game.

Blowing over 2 months on something that trivial feels a bit silly to me, honestly. It's mostly just slice of life, and there are other games with better slice of life to translate if that's really what you want. Granted, some people may have grown attached to the characters and want to see that slice of life more than anything else, and I do apologize to those people.

Translation of a fandisk is generally the exception, not the rule. The only reason I'm bothering is because Houzuki's chapter is so excellently tied to the main story.

Edit: There's a bit more interest in the heroine chapters than I thought there'd be, but I'm not going to delay G Sen another 4-5 months for that crap. If I'm not burned out by the time I finish with the projects that actually matter, then I will come back to doing them. That's a big if though.

Last edited by Hopeful Death; 2009-12-14 at 21:36.
Old 2009-11-19, 17:24
Local

Send a message via Yahoo to koji_leo

what can you expect from fandisk beside moar H?

personally I think houzuki chap truly amazing XD
Old 2009-11-20, 04:33
Local

I liked Ririko after story, it was hella fun.
Old 2009-11-27, 10:35

I really liked it a lot but did anybody else think that the last act became kinda cheesy and overdone. I kinda went from thinking it was absolutely amazing to thinking it was just really good by the ending, i kinda feel like they deliberately dumbed it down to make sure that everyone understood every single theme and comparison by the end. They did a good job before the last act of not being overly obvious or repeating stuff too many times while maintaining readability and understanding. That along with the decrease in believability and the increase in idealism near the end kinda made the last act feel a bit corny, I guess it was written this way to balance out the amount of darkness/hopelessness towards the end and help the rest of the audience make sense of things, but I still expected more.

That said it was most definitely really good, cleaver, powerful, insightful, humorous, touching... OK it would take a while to say all the great things about the game, in the end I still would recommend it to almost anybody.
Old 2009-11-27, 22:23
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyShiki View Post
I really liked it a lot but did anybody else think that the last act became kinda cheesy and overdone. I kinda went from thinking it was absolutely amazing to thinking it was just really good by the ending, i kinda feel like they deliberately dumbed it down to make sure that everyone understood every single theme and comparison by the end. They did a good job before the last act of not being overly obvious or repeating stuff too many times while maintaining readability and understanding. That along with the decrease in believability and the increase in idealism near the end kinda made the last act feel a bit corny, I guess it was written this way to balance out the amount of darkness/hopelessness towards the end and help the rest of the audience make sense of things, but I still expected more.

That said it was most definitely really good, cleaver, powerful, insightful, humorous, touching... OK it would take a while to say all the great things about the game, in the end I still would recommend it to almost anybody.
I would agree with what you said for sure... the last chapter wasn't the greatest imo, but the VN was great overall. Can't wait for the fan disk.
Old 2009-12-02, 21:21
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Sharin no Kuni is hardcore to clear. Not as hardcore as things like Extravaganza and MinDead Blood but prepare to do a bit of skipping. And by a bit I mean a lot. You'd really be best off just playing it by ear and being happy with the ending you get, but if you INSIST: (plagiarised without apology from foolmaker, but with the scripts on tlwiki as reference)

Spoiler
How many bad ends are there total? I noticed there were at least two for Sachi - are there more other than the ones listed?
Old 2009-12-02, 21:57
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many bad ends are there total? I noticed there were at least two for Sachi - are there more other than the ones listed?
Here's all the bad ends:

Spoiler
Old 2009-12-14, 17:21
Guest108

Default Walkthrough Q

Hi a quick question about the walkthrough posted by .
The only time you load from Slot 1, the choices don't match up:

(Load from slot #1)
(1) Joke around and avoid the subject.

It looks like it skipped ahead a bit. Could you correct it or something please?

Thanks Very Much
Old 2009-12-14, 17:23
Guest108

Default Fix

Posted by Asceai.
Old 2009-12-14, 18:03
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest108 View Post
Hi a quick question about the walkthrough posted by .
The only time you load from Slot 1, the choices don't match up:

(Load from slot #1)
(1) Joke around and avoid the subject.

It looks like it skipped ahead a bit. Could you correct it or something please?

Thanks Very Much
Oops, sorry. After loading from slot 1, reject Sachi. The rest should line up.
Old 2009-12-30, 15:17
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Oops, sorry. After loading from slot 1, reject Sachi. The rest should line up.
Does this allow to reach the routes of the other girls?
Old 2009-12-31, 19:32
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Patch v1.01 released. Grab it here.

It corrects a great deal of typos which slipped by us in the initial patch and alters some parts of the translation for better accuracy/flow.

Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo coming up next year sometime. /msg me on IRC if you want it faster!
Old 2009-12-31, 23:01
Local

Send a message via Yahoo to koji_leo

take your time
no need for haste