gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-09-10, 11:45
Unregistered

Quote:
This is just laziness... if I have completed script its that hard to reedit it for eroge and release it too? It should not be that different...
I'm guessing that you're trying to say "they're just lazy because the script would be easily edited for the PC version"?

Completely different engine, files in different formats (I think), and the PC version has more text (and if I'm not mistaken, some of the text is also changed from the PS2 version).

It would not be easy at all.
Old 2007-09-10, 11:47
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm guessing that you're trying to say "they're just lazy because the script would be easily edited for the PC version"?

Completely different engine, files in different formats (I think), and the PC version has more text (and if I'm not mistaken, some of the text is also changed from the PS2 version).

It would not be easy at all.
but how much time it could take?
A month? Two?
It's still doable, look at mirror's moon speed, its rather faster, here is still only minor changes (this is only my guess, but since these are the same games anyway, it should be +- the same, except eroge removed) to translation + hacking stuff, and speed of hacking depends on hacker.
Old 2007-09-10, 11:50
Unregistered

I'm no programmer, so I may be extremely wrong about things, but wouldn't it be kind of tough to figure out an entirely new engine?

Besides, their beta testing took so long despite them having started with a complete program (Iincho, right? Weren't they just translating the interface?), so their programmers probably aren't very good.
Old 2007-09-10, 12:04
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

Lets not make assumptions whether their programmers or good or not..., we have no way of knowing without seeing their code.

One thing is for sure though, going from one engine to another is not an easy task, nor is reinsertion into a different engine. It takes quite a bit of skill and a decent amount of effort to go into it.
Old 2007-09-10, 12:12
Unregistered

Quote:
Translation will be put on hold. We will discuss if we will continue on with this project.
There goes To Heart PSE and Tears. o/

Well, Tears is getting a PS3 remake anyway, so all the better for them. They don't want people who get it to condemn them for doing the PC version instead even though they started work on it before the PS3 version was even released, do they? :P
Old 2007-09-10, 12:12
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kealdrea

>.>; It really is childish. When I was thirteen, 4chaners invading a forum I liked didn't just say rude things, they posted horror pictures including goatse, tubgirl, lemon party, ect. ect.

As disturbing as that was at such a young age, did I get mad and leave the forum? No. I knew the trolls were just idiots, and decided to ignore them. I honestly don't see why the To Heart 2 translators, whom I assume most of are grown men, are acting more immature than a thirteen-year-old girl, over nothing but petty insults.
Old 2007-09-10, 12:26
Chewy

That whole group is a joke. I've visited the site/forum of a lot of translation projects, and honestly, they are the only ones that have gotten any flaming and they deserve it. They are just as arrogant as they are slow.

I remember there was one post some time ago by one of the project members, mocking the grammar of a private message sent to them by someone asking them if they needed help editing. Come on ! If you think the person is not up to the task or you don't need any help, you don't publicly humiliate him/her on your forum... that's common human decency for god's sake.
Old 2007-09-10, 13:03
Regular

but how much time could (engine conversion) take?
A month? Two?

It took over a year for us to convert Wind from minori's .pak engine to Musica, minori's .paz engine. Wind CD had fast transitions because they were based off CPU clock cycles, while Wind DVD had hard transition times which were painfully slow. We had to manually go through each script and retime all transitions (since some were slow on purpose).

Plus, it took seven months for someone to even crack the .paz container. I am indebted to roxfan, because there would have been no project at all if the .paz container wasn't solved.

Near release, we toyed with the idea of adding all of the PlayStation2 event CG to the patch. However, nothing came of it, since we were simply blown out at that point.

Conversion is a real pain in the butt.
Old 2007-09-10, 16:03
Rasqual Twilight

>Chewy
Slow? Show us you can do better, you genius...

Edit: I am not related to that group, no need to PM me about the patch or to relay messages.

Last edited by Rasqual Twilight; 2007-09-16 at 06:22.
Old 2007-09-10, 16:16
Chewy

You're right. That was a cheap shot and uncalled for. I wrote it in the heat of the moment so I apologize and retract that part of my statement. But the rest of my post stands: that group (your group ?) is made of a bunch of assholes.
Old 2007-09-10, 17:01
dorkatlarge

I bought the PS2 version of To Heart 2 a while ago, and in the months since then, I've been waiting. During a recent controversy, I made a polite post on the To Heart 2 forum, trying to help people become calm.

That said, I'm going to wait and see if anything changes. If not, then after the furor dies down, I'll do my best to contact the administrator of the board and see if I can arrange something. It'd be nice to get a rough translation patch, or even a text only patch. For that, I would be willing to send them the untranslated game just in case they needed proof... or even something else of value.
Old 2007-09-10, 17:47
Visitor

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

This decision is elitist assholism, pure and simple.

Yay for Wind drama part 2 (or is it 3 or 4 now) I guess.
Old 2007-09-10, 18:18
Chewy

I think this all stems from the group's motivation to translate the game in the first place. Why are they even doing it ? Is it so the masses will sing them praise once it's done, or do they actually love the game so much that the thought of people missing out on it because of the language barrier makes them sick ?

The general public will never understand how much work goes into a translation project, and most of them don't care. They'll hound you and bother you until they get what they want. But if you translate the game for the love of the game and keep that perspective, none of that should get to you.
Old 2007-09-10, 19:55
Unregistered

They took the post down, which is probably a good idea considering the response it's been getting. I skimmed the announcement earlier, so I might be wrong here.. but from what I understand this isn't even about trying to curb piracy like NNL was trying to do with Wind. At least NNL had good intentions.. it seems like the group just wanted to get back at all the trolls thats been posting on their forums.

Poor taste, but their patch, their choice. I feel sorry for all the ToHeart fans though. Now, moving on..
Old 2007-09-10, 20:36
Visitor

OH GOD, DRAMA. Just the mention of it makes my blood boil and my throat dry from excitement.

Well, I guess they are angry, but it will pass on, I guess. The fags from the boards were just a bunch of underageds, it was not comparable to "true" trolling in any aspect.

(And BTW, hey all, I just registered but I lurked here from time to time, nice to meet you all)