gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-06-20, 06:09
Irregular

Tircis et Aminte: N gnyr bs gjb puvyqera, vqragvpny gjvaf, yvivat naq fghqlvat va n jbeyq nyy bs gurve bja. Ohg gura, bar qnl, Gvepvf jbaqref: jul va gur jbeyq nz V fghqlvat? Jung nz V jnvgvat sbe? Ubj ybat jvyy guvf tb ba? Guvf vf gur fgbel bs ubj gur nafjref gb gubfr dhrfgvbaf pbzr gb yvtug ...
Old 2006-06-21, 03:32
Doraneko (仮)

Though it didn't rain, when I was reading Planetarian it was all gloomy outside. It really fits the mood of the story. By the time I finished the story, I had a strong melancholic and bitter feeling that lasted for a few days, until I got something brighter to cheer me up. Yet somehow I never weep or cried when I was reading the story. Some Chinese Key fans said that if Planetarian could not move a person into tears, his most suitable career would be being a killer. It seems that I am quite a heartless person. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erios
... Still, just as our lovely android, I also choose to believe in humans -- that we will solve the problems threatening our jorney towards the Stars, and someday grow wise enough to leave all our hatred and greed behind.
... It made me wonder what Planetarian would look like if things went right -- if the space colonies did succeed, and mankind didn't go into a Lemming frenzy? Perhaps I'll write a fanfic about it someday.
Thank you very much for the files of Suzumoto's novel.

As for the case that everything went right..

Well I am more of a pessimist and I see hatred and greed as some inborn instincts that can never be eliminated in mankind unless the whole mankind is exterminated along with them (Sorry, Reverie... :( ). The best case I can hope for is like a status quo, where every nation has a similar level of military power and no one has an obvious upper hand. Yet it is doubtful that these kinds of peaceful delusion can last for long in mankind's history of war and blood. In Planetarian's case, I think the space colonization programme will become something like the Colonial Era. It may start off as "peaceful ventures." But then the colonial powers will compete for the more "valuable" and "productive" planets, having conflicts of interests clashed with each other, and eventually thow themselves into wars. Inevitably the flames of war will touch the Earth in a matter of time. The longer is the "status quo," the greater scale the destruction will become given the rapid advance in technology (compare the wars in late 19thC and mid 20thC).

I think I have read somewhere about a story about a future world with advanced technology. The Earth is filled up with so much environmental and miscellaneous problems, and the scientists decide that it is impossible for them to solve. They end up building a super computer that acts as the ultimate arbitrator to fine-tune everything in order to prevent the end of the world. But the algorithms, as you can predict, end up deciding that mankind is the greatest source of all problems and it is for the betterment of the planet to remove it. You can tell what the story will become from this point onwards. Anyway I am glad that Reverie is not that rational, which makes her cute, lovable, but tragic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23
I second third and fourth the thanks for the translation and the desire for an anime based on Planetarian. I couldn't stop once I started the visual novel. Even though I suspected something sad was coming. It was a Key product after all!
It would be great if the godly Kyoto animation can produce an anime of Planetarian. Their previous work of AIR and is simply fabulous and the current Suzumiya Haruhi series is one of my favourites. I very much look forward to the release of the new Kanon series in September. Given the popularity of Haruhi, they will possibly release a second season of the series in Spring 2007. This will make it hard for them to produce anything for the Summer movie timeslot. So if Kyoani decides to produce a Planetarian movie, it won't arrive the theatres until 2008. The same is for Toei animation (AIR movie, original Kanon), which have their summer timeslot occupied by the 2007 Clannad movie. Frankly I didn't enjoy the AIR movie as much as the series in terms of both visual and plot, so I really hope that Kyoani will take the Planetarian project and pull out a quality release.
Old 2006-06-21, 03:34
mr.aufziehvogel

what does plantarian project mean? are they going to make a planetarian movie??? yay ;)
Old 2006-06-21, 03:43
Doraneko (仮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.aufziehvogel
what does plantarian project mean? are they going to make a planetarian movie??? yay ;)
Sorry, no news on any movie project related to Planetarian. I was only speculating on the possible release time of a Planetarian movie by the two studios that have dealed with Key materials, in condition that there was really such a project going on. Please forgive my poor grammar and vocabulary as I am not a native speaker of English. (^_^;; )
Old 2006-06-23, 09:39
Irregular

Additional information now posted on the wikipedia article. Feel free to expand.

<s>Haeleth</s> Yoda, I'm looking at you ^_^
Old 2006-06-25, 18:27
Regular

I've been staying out of the Wind drama thread (up until a minute or two ago, at least) because I don't know enough about that game for it to really mean much to me one way or the other. Still, it reminded me of this thread, and of the need to add my own thanks for the Planetarian patch, both to those who originally created it, as well as to the later poster who offered hints as to how to make it work with the CD version.

Sorry, but if I'm paying money for something, I want physical media, and if I can get physical media and no digital restrictions management, so much the better...so I was just fine waiting for the CD release, even though it cost more than the downloadable version. I can certainly understand the creators' dismay at the increase in piracy sparked by the availability of the patch, and their wish to not encourage further piracy by releasing a patch for the CD version as well. So no complaints from me on that point, though as I noted above, I do offer my thanks to the guest poster who explained how to make the original patch (almost) work anyway.

My copy of Planetarian arrived from himeya last weekend, but I'd like to go through it in one sitting without interruptions, so I haven't done much more than just install it and the patch, and read a bit of the introduction to make sure everything worked. Still, it's a great feeling to know that one of these evenings, very soon now, I'll be able to experience a Key story without the constant interruption of having to stop and look up almost every kanji I encounter. So, to all who made that possible, どうもありがとうございました!
Old 2006-06-26, 20:50
Roto

All of the chaos recently has reminded me that I still haven't played Planetarian yet, despite the good things I've heard about it. Now that I've got some time and a Windows machine that I can play it on, I went and purchased a copy online using insani's guide. I'm looking forward to playing it sometime in the next few days.

So, I thought I should join in and express my appreciation for the work that's gone into the patch. Thanks!
Old 2006-08-05, 23:06
nobody

Just finished Planetarian. It was awesome, and so I must thank you for all the hard work you put into releasing the translation!
Old 2006-08-14, 16:47
a fan

just finished it. planetarian was my very first visual novel and it pretty much moved me to tears.

now im wondering if anyone is translating the novel ^^"
Old 2006-08-15, 07:42
Visitor

Default wondering

hmm, just wondering, is there any english translation for the Planetarian Novel ?

the novel tell about something before the KineticNovel version and After the KineticNovel version.

the KineticNovel version ending really sad, make me cry, and i want to know what happen after that.. but i cant read japanese character....
Old 2006-08-16, 03:28
Ex-boss

There isn't a translation for the novel that I know of. It would be a lot of work; it's much longer than the visual novel.
Old 2006-10-01, 03:55
Cobalt

Default Torture

Well, as an ardent fan of the first release, I am looking to re-purchase this version. Problem is I didn't get in on the band wagon for pre-orders, and I've contacted some auction deputy services in the hope I can still get a first printing with a booklet.

Then I happened to read the spoilers about the stories (I am a robot, I can read ROT13 native.... really) and now I am in torture. I am wondering what the heck I am going to do if it ends up I have to settle for the 'standard' PC version - and never able to get a novel booklet.

Perhaps I'll beg. A lot. For a synopsis, at least. I look forward to hearing certain lines of dialog being spoken, save everything else. : ) First game aside from Kana to make me feel nothing for a few days afterward. Still waiting on the voiced version of that to arrive...
Old 2006-10-01, 05:24
Addicted

Novels are available stand-alone quite frequently on sites like Yahoo Auction (through an agent/deputy). That's how I got my copy.
Old 2006-10-15, 01:33
proteenx11

Default How much does Planetarian with a novel cost?

Planetarian was great, and thanks to everyone who worked on the translation and that has been patient with my constant barrage of questions on it.

Just out of interest, how much does Planetarian cost?

When I was in Akihabara a few days ago, it cost about 1900yen with a novel and about 1200 without(In the good shops away from the train station that is).
Old 2006-10-15, 01:39
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

Hrm... the novel is the first edition press. Being a collector at heart, I would just buy that one instantly =D.

Else, the other one is the exact same game as the one with a novel, just without the novel ;-;.

If you really want to get by cheap though, you can purchase Planetarian from KineticNovel for 1000Y, but it doesnt come with voices.